Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Notes: Swinney talks joy in 2020, new gameday plan and who made bowl trip
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 4,032

TNET: Notes: Swinney talks joy in 2020, new gameday plan and who made bowl trip

Dec 31, 2020, 1:24 PM

Notes: Swinney talks joy in 2020, new gameday plan and who made bowl trip

Clemson is healthy and at almost full strength heading into Friday’s Sugar Bowl against Ohio State, and even though it’s a different bowl season than all of the preceding seasons, head coach Dabo Swinney is still finding joy.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Notes: Swinney talks joy in 2020, new gameday plan and who made bowl trip

Dec 31, 2020, 1:50 PM

This XT mystery is getting really old, he plays one game, then he is out, then he plays another, and now it's said he is at home. Will XT be a Tiger next season, does anyone actually know what is up with EX? I mean I really like the guy, and there isn't any doubt that we are a better team with him in the game at his usual DE spot. Do anybody actually know what is up with XT, is there a problem between him, or any of the coaches???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At the end of his first year XT was

Dec 31, 2020, 2:27 PM

looking forward to two more years as a started before entering the draft 1st or 2nd round. He didn't have the year he expected last year and had setbacks this year and went from starter to back-up again. That has to be frustrating for him. Obviously there have been issues, speculation is all we know or will ever know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Notes: Swinney talks joy in 2020, new gameday plan and who made bowl trip

Dec 31, 2020, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Notes: Swinney talks joy in 2020, new gameday plan and who made bowl trip ]

For most of us it is tough to understand all of the responsibilities that are thrust on these young men out of high school. Football is a full time in and of itself. These young men have to juggle classwork and their social lives at the same time, and for most it is the first time that they have lived on their own. We often forget how much social maturation goes on during this timeframe in life. They are given a lot of advantages, but that by no means makes it easy, just easier.

Lord knows that I did not handle the transition well and I had a lot less on my plate than these young men. I do think that after learning some things the hard way that I have turned out OK. XT will likely be just fine whether it is here or wherever he decides to go from here. He just might have to learn a few things the hard way but that is the way some of us learn most effectively. Who knows where he is falling short of Dabo's expectations, but I trust the coaching staff and his teammates to support him in the best way possible.

This Q reminds me of the old phrase:

Dec 31, 2020, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Notes: Swinney talks joy in 2020, new gameday plan and who made bowl trip ]

Those who know much are saying little. Those who know little are saying much.

We may have seen the last of XT

Dec 31, 2020, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Notes: Swinney talks joy in 2020, new gameday plan and who made bowl trip ]

I've pretty much given up on XT. He may go pro or transfer. Something not good may be happening to him be it personal problems or his health. Time to move on concerning XT...

Re: We may have seen the last of XT

Jan 1, 2021, 7:55 AM

Ridiculous, we stick by our players, Family Forever. It’s got be tough with the expectations he came in with to be hurt last year & battle with not being well this year(covid & strep throat) only to get sick at the worst possible time.

We need to be praying for this young man lifting him up to become the best man he can be in football & in life.

When they join Clemson they will always be apart of the family.

Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: We may have seen the last of XT

Jan 1, 2021, 2:46 PM

I'm entitled to my opinion as well as you are. You seem to think that nobody else's opinion matters when it's not in line with yours. Ridiculous!! GO TIGERS!!

You speak only for yourself. You know NOTHING about Clemson

Jan 1, 2021, 8:03 AM [ in reply to We may have seen the last of XT ]

Family.

If you claim to be a part of us, you should be ashamed.

You have NO CLUE what is happening with this young man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: You speak only for yourself. You know NOTHING about Clemson

Jan 1, 2021, 2:54 PM

That's as ridiculous a statement as I've read on this site. You know zero about me plus you don't know if people agree with me either. I was probably going to Clemson games before you were even born. I'm not arguing with you over your unfounded ludicrous claims. They really make you look stupid!

You attack me when you know ZERO about me

Jan 1, 2021, 2:56 PM [ in reply to You speak only for yourself. You know NOTHING about Clemson ]

That's as ridiculous a statement as I've read on this site. You know zero about me plus you don't know if people agree with me either. I was probably going to Clemson games before you were even born. I'm not arguing with you over your unfounded ludicrous claims. They really make you look stupid!

Dec 31, 2020, 6:11 PM

I like his part about what motivates them as a team. Mention the loss last year that happen right there at the Superdome, but didnt mention anything about the team they lost to. What a stark contrast to OSU. Every breath they utter has either Clemson or Dabo attached to what motivates them to win this game. To bad they can't find that within themselves like our team does.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2021, 7:49 AM

He was sick this week, covid related is what I read but I’m not sure about that. We need to encourage him regardless, it’s been a tough year for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 12
| visibility 4,032
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic