Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Not Spam: Top QB prospect Ty Simpson takes call from Trevor Lawrence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

TNET: Not Spam: Top QB prospect Ty Simpson takes call from Trevor Lawrence

Feb 15, 2021, 8:01 AM

Not Spam: Top QB prospect Ty Simpson takes call from Trevor Lawrence

Clemson’s top quarterback target for the 2022 recruiting cycle, Ty Simpson, is set to make his collegiate decision Friday, and Trevor Lawrence has already been in touch. It was a call that almost didn’t go through because Simpson didn’t recognize the number and thought it might be spam. It wasn’t spam. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow. Sounds like he and Clemson are a perfect match.***

Feb 15, 2021, 8:25 AM

null

Re: Wow. Sounds like he and Clemson are a perfect match.***

Feb 15, 2021, 10:15 AM

He maybe a great match/fit for Clemson, but at the college level, that running backwards will get him a seat on the bench bc, college players are much quicker, and faster, and that running backwards will cost him a lot of yardage like 2nd or 3d down, and 25 to get a 1st down. He won't get away with that bad habit at the college FB level, just saying, and he does it a lot!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. Sounds like he and Clemson are a perfect match.***

Feb 15, 2021, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Wow. Sounds like he and Clemson are a perfect match.*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Not Spam: Top QB prospect Ty Simpson takes call from Trevor Lawrence

Feb 15, 2021, 8:28 AM

Seems to be very intelligent and level headed.
Also his walk with Christ plays a roll in his life.
Sure hope he's a forever Clemson Tiger!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2021, 8:31 AM

Sounds like an SEC lover to me. If he hasn’t made a visit to Clemson he doesn’t know what the Tigers really have to offer. Some really smart kids make mistakes. Let’s hope this isn’t one!

Feb 15, 2021, 8:49 AM

He definitely won’t be going to Texas. Sark just signed a 5 star from California. Simpson seems like he’s SEC bound. Could be wrong, but his Dad played in SEC. But if wants the best place to win and walk w Christ... no better place than Clemson!!

Feb 16, 2021, 11:01 AM

Can't imagine Tnet would be running features on a guy if they don't feel good about our chances.

Feb 15, 2021, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Not Spam: Top QB prospect Ty Simpson takes call from Trevor Lawrence ]

He has made several visits to Clemson...247 has him projected at going to Clemson

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2021, 11:50 AM

In all actualities, DJ did his freshman year behind Trevor, and he will most like play as the starter at Clemson for two years, and off to the NFL bc DJ is a really good QB with a cannon for an arm with accuracy, and like Trevor, he will be able to make all the throws that he'll be asked to make once he has worked with the starters for all of the spring, and fall camp.

It also appears that more, and more NFL teams are wanting QBs with the skills they get at Clemson bc of the type of offense that we run really helps our QBs to escape pressure without running backwards. With NFL receivers, and TEs, if a QB can buy an extra second with his legs, he can find a place to put the ball the biggest percentage of downs. DW4 has done it in every game he has played in the NFL with the Texans...

I also believe that owners, head coaches, and scouts have learned a valuable lesson by passing over DW4 basically bc of sports writers talking down DW4, for QBs like a Mitch Trubisky that is still trying to gain the praises that he was mistakenly given as a college QB. If something is said enough, people start to believe it, and that is exactly what happen with Trubisky. Chicago got a dud when they could have had the real thing, and they could have most likely have already won a super bowl if they hadn't pass over DW4 for Trubisky. There are sports writers out there right now that are saying that Zach Wilson is a better QB than Trevor, will Jacksonville fall for the sports writer talk, and pick Zach Wilson, or a Justin Fields over Trevor like was done with DW4. Before the draft, most thought that DW4 was going to be the first QB of the board, and we know how that ended with DW4 being pick #12!!!

In the 2017 NFL draft, DW4, and Patrick Mahomes were picked over for a 1 year starter in Mitch Trubisky, now how did that work out. DW4 is right now the highest paid QB in the NFL on a sorry Texan team, and Mahomes has won a super bowl, and played in two super bowls. Why did that happen, how could so many team make the mistake of picking over DW4, and Patrick Mahomes with the 1st 9 picks, and they picked over DW4 with the 1st 11 picks. I believe that it happen bc of the collegiate sports reporters/writers that covers only collegiate sports, they talked down DW4, and Mahomes, and bc they covered only collegiate sports, people were believing what they were saying about Trubisky, a 1st year starter for UNCheat that played no one in his starter year other than UGA and got beat. I think that he had a 68% rating, and he was picked over two QBs that he couldn't be a water boy for!!!!! I won't say anymore about the 2nd pick of the 2017 NFL draft, the below article, last paragraph, tells all about the QB that was picked over DW4, and Patrick Mahomes!!!

https://www.providencejournal.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2021/02/14/qb-trubisky-would-big-gamble-pats/4481942001/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and his comment asking TL why he didnt stay in the SEC...

Feb 15, 2021, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Not Spam: Top QB prospect Ty Simpson takes call from Trevor Lawrence ]

I guess he doesnt realize the ACC has a presence in GA as well and its pretty much just as close to Clemson from his hometown as it is Athens. He did, however, grow up in a SEC family and lives in a part of the country where its all SEC, all the time.

Re: and his comment asking TL why he didnt stay in the SEC...

Feb 15, 2021, 10:51 AM

I think it's hard to figure out how to take comments from these interviews at times. Could his question of why Lawrence didn't stay in the SEC mean that he himself is planning on staying in the SEC and his question to Lawrence was more of a how could you possibly not play in the SEC question? Perhaps.

Could his question be that he's considering picking Clemson and just wanted to see if Lawrence had any regrets in his decision? Perhaps as well.

Feb 15, 2021, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Not Spam: Top QB prospect Ty Simpson takes call from Trevor Lawrence ]

I was thinking the same thing. He talked about the SEC more than once in that interview.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2021, 9:07 AM

sounds like we have a good shot - he seems to have what we are looking for and we have what he is looking for. Obviously not a done deal though - fingers crossed.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That "just because of the SEC" line is unfortunately

Feb 15, 2021, 9:12 AM

telling. I would be very surprised if we pry him away from that apparent SEC love. Dabo is a great closer, though. Also unfortunately, so is Lil Nicky, if it comes down to a Clemson / Bama final two.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That "just because of the SEC" line is unfortunately

Feb 15, 2021, 10:17 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ol Miss make a statement there as well tbh. Think of it, remember seeing what the Ol Miss QB did to the Chickens? Kiffin has a lot of appeal to these young men, although if his faith is that important, maybe not. Those Oxford ladies sure don't hurt either!

I agree...wouldn't surprise me a bit if he chose Ole Miss..

Feb 15, 2021, 10:31 AM

the only thing is, will Kiffin stay there and I dont think you can assume so. I get the impression he will jump at the first better option that comes along.

Re: I agree...wouldn't surprise me a bit if he chose Ole Miss..

Feb 15, 2021, 10:49 AM

The SEC is a one or two team conference like many of the others. Yet these youngsters have not seen the light yet. Sounds to me like he is an SEC person. Also the fact that his announcement will be on CBS sounds like an SEC thing. Hope I'm wrong. We would love to have him. We will need another QB in a few years. He would definitely fill that roll.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That "just because of the SEC" line is unfortunately

Feb 15, 2021, 2:18 PM [ in reply to That "just because of the SEC" line is unfortunately ]

Ty didn't reveal everything that Trevor said to him. Hopefully, he mentioned how Dabo hires former Clemson players as coaches, giving them the chance to advance in the program. That should make a positive impression.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 15, 2021, 11:08 AM

Pretty neat that Trevor called him. Hope he commits to us

Feb 15, 2021, 12:11 PM

Smart mature young man ... sounds like he has goals to stay in football and coach after his playing days. Good luck to him wherever he selects! And Clemson would be an excellent opportunity he would not regret.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure what did it but

Feb 15, 2021, 8:06 PM

While reading this I started thinking of Chad Kelly.

And to get ahead of it: Since I can’t just say what I was thinking, to this crowd, queue for the comments from all the windbags.

Feb 16, 2021, 11:14 AM

I felt good about our chances until reading this article. So much SEC talk makes me a tad nervous. Hopefully he understands that growing in his spiritual faith is way more important than the conference he plays in.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic