Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: No. 1 Clemson 37, Wake Forest 13: Key plays, standout players and grades
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

TNET: No. 1 Clemson 37, Wake Forest 13: Key plays, standout players and grades

Sep 12, 2020, 11:44 PM

No. 1 Clemson 37, Wake Forest 13: Key plays, standout players and grades

Quick analysis on the No. 1 Tigers cruising to a season-opening win over Wake Forest with standout players and position grades. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The stats look good

Sep 12, 2020, 11:58 PM

But I felt like this was more of a B grade game.

Great first half that left points on the field (for both the offense and defense getting lucky WF had stone hands).

Can't complain though - good problems to have and I'm happy to finally see Clemson run out and play today! :)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: No. 1 Clemson 37, Wake Forest 13: Key plays, standout players and grades

Sep 13, 2020, 12:11 AM

I think grades are a little exuberant. It is WF as a reminder. QB1 and RB1 were great. Im good with A. But I think you need to break out TE from WR, never expected TE's deserved better grade than WR but Galloway is huge this year and the other guys were good. WRs missed some catches, they missed couple blocks and we missed all the deep threat which leads me to a lower grade for OL. The DL was impressive, and i can see this DL getting crazy good in few games. Freshmen are sick, Murphy stood out more than any of them but KJ and Bresee were awesome. That straight push back OL sack by Bresee was insane for true freshman first game. LBs were a little disjointed but there were underlying reasons. The DB score is wayyyy too high. There were missed tackles, missed coverage, and too much soft coverage. I think the safeties have promise, the CBs are a guess after DK who obviously didn't play, but they deserverd a lower grade.

But I guess if we upgraded everyone just with the excitement of it being college football and we got a solid win, then I follow your grades! I am sooo happy for this today, i hope we dont have more VT and NCST scenarios in the near future. Should be play, win, lose, or forfeit

Re: TNET: No. 1 Clemson 37, Wake Forest 13: Key plays, standout players and grades

Sep 13, 2020, 12:38 AM

Just out of curiosity, how does the WR/TE group receive an A+ if we had a dropped ball in the end zone (Amari). Doesn’t make much sense to me, it wasn’t a perfect effort by any means but very solid, yes.

Don’t mean to poopoo on your grades but,

Sep 13, 2020, 9:01 AM

Our back end looked average at best.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Sep 13, 2020, 1:28 PM

I would say TEs were an A and WRs were a B- approaching C. We had 2 dropped TD passes. Amari with his punt coverage style push the ball back away from the line and Ladson dropped one as well.

The CBs were rough at the beginning of the game but did get better as the game went on. C overall for them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic