Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: News and Notes: Swinney talks "awesome" return to Clemson camp
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,310

TNET: News and Notes: Swinney talks "awesome" return to Clemson camp

Aug 6, 2020, 7:56 PM

News and Notes: Swinney talks "awesome" return to Clemson camp

Football is back. The top-ranked Clemson football team held a 2 ½ hour practice Thursday afternoon, the first fall camp practice of the 2020 season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: News and Notes: Swinney talks "awesome" return to Clemson camp

Aug 6, 2020, 7:57 PM

:)

Have to agree!***

Aug 6, 2020, 9:23 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sounds like very little effort to preserve the SC game if it

Aug 6, 2020, 10:46 PM

If this had happened during the early Spurrier era 100 % the game would have been played to keep that streak alive.. The lawyers in Columbia would have made it happen somehow some way regardless of the SEC.
We always roll over in these situations that in my view benefit SC. Reminds me of Brawl season when we bowed out of our bowl game because Holtz and SC president set the tone for us and them. Disappointing that our ad, president, board, David Wilkins, Dabo or somebody didn't at least give it a little more than lip service. And its insulting to suggest Muschamp really cares about preserving the game.
And we have to go to Columbia next year because of scheduling? Really need to play the game this year.

Re: sounds like very little effort to preserve the SC game if it

Aug 7, 2020, 7:02 AM

as a great philosopher once said

“Whatta you want me to do Ron?”

They know that by November there probably won’t be football and it’s just not worth wasting the energy on.

If you’re so insulted and dissatisfied, maybe you need a new team

I think the same philosopher said, “It is what it is.”

Aug 7, 2020, 7:54 AM

They know that by November there probably won’t be football and it’s just not worth wasting the energy on.

Think you missed my point. There is no other team I'm a Clemson alumn 40 year iptay and don't want another team.
I don't think anybody thinks that anybody from South Carolina really wants to keep the game this year including muschamp .it is sort of an insult on your intelligence..

Point is scheduling games in November so that one should be scheduled. I would like to see another win while we are good.

The point was South Carolina would have made sure it happened if they were any good this year.
It's important that we keep that game going at all cost.I don't think there was much effort.
I could be wrong and maybe there is nothing that could be done.

And back to the philosopher "Ron" you referred to, if you recall as much as I hate Spurrier he did do something .he got the guy banned from press conferences
and ron was fired after that.

Sorry you missed my point go Tigers

Aug 7, 2020, 8:50 AM

I have a hard time understanding why people think that USC doesn't want to play Clemson this year. If I'm a rising senior I want that last chance to beat my archenemy. If I'm a freshman I want to try to start a new streak. If I'm the coaching staff I need to prove that my schemes/play calling/preparation is better so I don't lose my job. No way the Coaches and Players are ducking this rivalry. Try to take the blinders off once and a while...

With every season "hope springs eternal" even for the coots until our Tigers crush'em.

Aug 7, 2020, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: sounds like very little effort to preserve the SC game if it ]

Think you missed my point. There is no other team I'm a Clemson alumn 40 year iptay and don't want another team.
I don't think anybody thinks that anybody from South Carolina really wants to keep the game this year including muschamp .it is sort of an insult on your intelligence..

Point is scheduling games in November so that one should be scheduled. I would like to see another win while we are good.

The point was South Carolina would have made sure it happened if they were any good this year.
It's important that we keep that game going at all cost.I don't think there was much effort.

And back to the philosopher "Ron" you referred to, if you recall as much as I hate Spurrier he did do something .he got the guy banned from press conferences

Aug 7, 2020, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: sounds like very little effort to preserve the SC game if it ]

I agree! I wish we and SC had fought harder for the rivalry!!!***

Aug 7, 2020, 1:07 PM [ in reply to sounds like very little effort to preserve the SC game if it ]

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,310
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic