Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Keep It Simple: Streeter says Lawrence tried to do too much in the spring
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: Keep It Simple: Streeter says Lawrence tried to do too much in the spring

Jul 30, 2019, 8:17 AM

Keep It Simple: Streeter says Lawrence tried to do too much in the spring

Trevor Lawrence is mentioned as a Heisman Trophy frontrunner and a sure-fire number one overall pick in the NFL Draft when he decides to leave school, but in Brandon Streeter’s quarterback room, Lawrence is just another sophomore who has a lot of improvements to make. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Keep It Simple: Streeter says Lawrence tried to do too much in the spring

Jul 30, 2019, 8:23 AM

I feel like I’ve read about 5 times now the last month TL tried to do too much in the first half of spring practice and improved dramatically the second half. At what point is this no longer newsworthy? My dude made mistakes and improved. I don’t like seeing it written about over and over.

Re: TNET: Keep It Simple: Streeter says Lawrence tried to do too much in the spring

Jul 30, 2019, 8:35 AM

There’s very little real news out there so you will see a video or read some quotes and then those get repackaged a couple more times over a few weeks as new articles.

Jul 30, 2019, 8:40 AM

Ah, I see. The season can’t get here soon enough.

Jul 30, 2019, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Keep It Simple: Streeter says Lawrence tried to do too much in the spring ]

Sorry , but that was the first time I'd read that .....

Also , I thought Dabo mentioned that he wanted to see Trev extend plays more with his feet .

ex. When the QB scrambles , it gives our great receivers s chance to break coverage and go for long completions.
This doesn't sound like staying in the pocket to me .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2019, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Keep It Simple: Streeter says Lawrence tried to do too much in the spring ]

29 more days Grasshoppah, 29 more days. Must learn to be patient like a TIGER.

Jul 30, 2019, 8:57 AM

It is hard to think of someone at this level having improvement areas. Kind of like the way top pro golfers have swing coaches.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2019, 2:17 PM

It's like any business, last year we had our best year ever, do you want to sit back and enjoy that fact or do you want to improve on that great year? I choose the latter, that's why we market everyday of every year. If you get content with where you are, you always get passed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Future head coach

Jul 30, 2019, 9:06 AM

If Dabo is gonna be the man for say the next 20 years, can we give Streeter a deal to stick around and take over when Dabo retires? Brandon is destined to be a very successful head coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Future head coach

Jul 30, 2019, 10:31 AM

Clemson seems to be blessed with several coaches like that. Dabo’s coaching tree is small now, but once it finishes growing it will be as massive and long lasting as a redwood.

Jul 30, 2019, 10:03 AM

Lawrence tried to beat Bama in the off-season and was told to simmer down, he would have to wait until January. Stand by for more details as they emerge.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just figured that our defense is going to be awesome again***

Jul 30, 2019, 11:38 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I forget the Olympic athlete's name, but there was a

Jul 30, 2019, 2:36 PM

feature on ESPN or HBO or somewhere long ago, and long ago before that, he was a shot putter. I don't remember anything else from the interview, except for the guy asking him if he had ever thrown a perfect shot put. The guy said plainly, "No."

Even at the highest level of competition and being victorious in that situation, the guy had never thrown a perfect throw. There were/are a hundred things to get right at once to be perfect, just as a shot putter...I'm sure for an elite QB there may be a lot more.

Forever being a student, even after you get out of college, I think, is important, and I try to think about that when I put myself down for imperfections. TL is as good as it gets, but if he thinks he always needs to learn, he will be ok (understatement) in life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I forget the Olympic athlete's name, but there was a

Jul 31, 2019, 9:17 AM

True - the great players never stop learning, and great coaches never stop coaching

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic