Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: In your grits and Hurricanes everywhere: Swinney focused on football and Miami
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,587

TNET: In your grits and Hurricanes everywhere: Swinney focused on football and Miami

Oct 6, 2020, 12:38 PM

In your grits and Hurricanes everywhere: Swinney focused on football and Miami

Head coach Dabo Swinney is focused on the Miami Hurricanes and only the Miami Hurricanes. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: In your grits and Hurricanes everywhere: Swinney focused on football and Miami

Oct 6, 2020, 12:42 PM

;)

Re: TNET: In your grits and Hurricanes everywhere: Swinney focused on football and Miami

Oct 6, 2020, 6:18 PM

I'm so glad that we are playing the canes since I loathe that team
usuc and miami...both A..hole teams. Dirty players.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2020, 7:26 PM

Dirty players? Please be specific and who is playing dirty. I think you are probably still stuck in the 80's.

Oct 6, 2020, 1:09 PM

In the 4 games King played in 2019 with Houston, and the 3 games he has played this year so far, he has not faced a defense that can even sniff the Top 50. This will be more of a test for him than for us. We've seen dangerous QB's before, but our defense will be an animal he is not familiar with. My guess is that he will concentrate more on running than passing.But he will find out Clemson has speed as well as good tacklers. He will turn it over at least twice.

Oct 6, 2020, 1:14 PM

I hope you are right about the turnovers. He seems pretty careful with the ball when I have watched him.

I didn't watch them a ton after the game got out of hand but against FSU, Miami threw lots of quick routes to the sidelines early in the game and when they got FSU running to the sidelines is when they slipped their TEs down the field.

It clearly worked extremely well against FSU. Lashlee is the smartest offensive coach they have had in a while.

Oct 6, 2020, 3:08 PM

The Tigers offensive line will, either win this game, or lose it. IF Trevor has time to run his offense, it will be a long night for Miami. I don’t think they can outscore the Tigers unless they get a lot more possessions. My memory isn’t good enough to remember TL16s last pick but it has been a long time. Third down conversions are one stat that often gets overlooked in a game. The Tigers had a number of third and long chances against UVA and had a lot of success.

Oct 6, 2020, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: In your grits and Hurricanes everywhere: Swinney focused on football and Miami ]

You're right about King in 2019, and you might end up right this year (only 74 FBS teams have played so far) but ATM, you're wrong about this year. Right now, here are Miami's defensive opponents' stats:

UAB: #24 Scoring (22.3 ppg), #17 Total Yards Allowed (345 YPG)
Louisville: #46 Scoring (30.3 ppg), #24 Total Yards Allowed (369.7 YPG)
Florida State: #48 Scoring (30.7 ppg), #48 Total Yards Allowed (420.7 YPG)

All three are in the top 50 defenses right now. Now, I don't think you can take much from Clemson's stats, as the starters have played 38% less than Miami's, but here are ours:

Wake Forest: #54 Scoring (32 ppg), #63 Total Yards Allowed (462 YPG)
The Citadel: Unranked, but allowed 37 PPG and 412 YPG
UVA: #47 Scoring (30.5 ppg), #40 Total Yards Allowed (404 YPG)

Clemson is definitely the best defense Miami and King will see this year. Clemson is the #7 Scoring Defense (12 ppg) and #12 Total Defense (303 YPG). Clemson is #10 against the rush as well. I don't like that Clemson lags behind defensively against the pass (#22). But Clemson has played better offenses than Miami at this point. Wake Forest has the #12 Scoring Offense and the #23 Passing Offense.

One final note is that in 2018 and 2019, people thought Clemson was a bad team going into October. Clemson keeps the playbook very vanilla and substitutes a lot of players. In 2018, Clemson beat their first opponents by an average score of 38-17 (21 ppg). Starting October 6, Clemson beat the rest of their regular season opponents by an average score of 50-11 (39 ppg). In 2019, Clemson beat their first opponents by an average score of 37-12 (25 ppg). Starting October 12, they beat the rest of their opponents by 52-10 (42 ppg).

So every year, Clemson beats their first opponents by a decent margin, but too close for comfort. People say Clemson's dominance is ending. Eventually, the guys have a tough game where they struggle some, maybe even get outplayed. That wakes them up and they dismantle the rest of their opponents. This year, Clemson beat its first opponents 42-12. They were outplayed by UVA, who greatly outgained them on first and second down and beat them up in the trenches (like UNC last year). They play Miami on October 10. I'm not saying history is going to repeat, but it's an interesting statistic.

Oct 6, 2020, 3:04 PM

Is anyone else unable to watch the video? Almost like Tigernet took it down.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,587
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic