Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: From the couch to the SuperDome: Myles Murphy gets his shot at Playoff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

TNET: From the couch to the SuperDome: Myles Murphy gets his shot at Playoff

Dec 29, 2020, 8:01 AM

From the couch to the SuperDome: Myles Murphy gets his shot at Playoff

Myles Murphy watched last year’s Fiesta Bowl between Clemson and Ohio State. while sitting on his couch at home in Powder Springs, Georgia, dreaming of the day he would get the chance to appear in a College Football Playoff. That day is now. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: From the couch to the SuperDome: Myles Murphy gets his shot at Playoff

Dec 29, 2020, 11:31 AM

He is an exciting player to watch when I can keep up with him bc he is quick about doing what he does from that DE spot, and he has been worth every bit of the talk that he got before he ever played a down at Clemson. Hopefully we'll hear his name called a lot once the game starts, but I'm sure he will be chipped and banged around a lot in this game to try and keep him off the top of Fields. But, then again, any players that they have for doubling up on one of ours, they better use them to keep Skalski and Bryan Bresee off and away from Mr Fields.

I expect it to be a pretty good, close game through the first half. But I think our conditioning from playing more games, and the experience that our depth has gained bc of more games, and the injury bug that has plagued our team this season that has allowed backup guys to become starters for a time. I really do believe that bc our team has been dinged up a lot during the season, it has been a blessing for the position players that were behind the starters that have been out all during the season for whatever the reason. Our experienced depth will be the biggest difference in this coming game against the fcknuts!!!!

Here is to hoping that our best will create a nightmare for Mr Ryan Day, Goooo Tigersss, crack the bucknuts, or is it really the fcknuts!!! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: From the couch to the SuperDome: Myles Murphy gets his shot at Playoff

Dec 29, 2020, 11:40 AM

allinallorangeallthetime52® Well said! Murphy and most freshmen hit a wall at some point in the season! I am hoping all our freshmen have hit that wall and are now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel( at most two games left ).
If he comes off that edge when Fields is staring down a WR - we will demolish the nuts. LY - our pass rush wasn't the best. This season - it's much improved and Murphy is a big reason why!

Secondary hold up their WR's long enough for Murphy and company to get home and we good! I will feel really good early if that is looking to be the case. If we can't make Fields uncomfortable - problems!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hitting the wall is not an issue

Dec 29, 2020, 1:41 PM

because they rotated D-lineman so much during the season. This is why he's still so effective.

Playing 85+ guys per game definitely has it's disadvantages, but one of the major benefits is come playoff time, guys are just hitting their stride instead of catching their breath.

Dec 29, 2020, 11:55 AM

Bit of a back handed way to tell us of Miles accolades that he has received! Freshman All American, and co new comer of the year are strong! Disappointed that he was given more while you guys built up the others! He's had an exceptional year, when we all thought XT was going to be full tilt All American. Miles stepped in in a huge way! Great job Miles!!!! Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic