Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Elliott says NCAA-mandated dead period unfortunate for recruits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,397

TNET: Elliott says NCAA-mandated dead period unfortunate for recruits

Sep 28, 2020, 5:01 PM

Elliott says NCAA-mandated dead period unfortunate for recruits

High school football juniors and seniors are not only having to navigate the pitfalls of trying to play the game they love during these difficult times, many are being asked to make college decisions on schools they have yet to visit, something that Clemson offensive coordinator Tony Elliott says is unfortunate. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Elliott says NCAA-mandated dead period unfortunate for recruits

Sep 28, 2020, 7:39 PM

Please don't turn this into politics. Whether you are a mask or no-mask believer , can we agree the ncaa is being a bit over the top. Surely there could be SOME type of on campus visit. Do they really think it will be better in January.

It's easy for the ncaa big wigs. They fly on charter flights, and they walk around in tailored suits and alligator shoes. The ncaa life blood is football and basketball, but students have to chose a school based off the internet. Sheesh.

Sep 28, 2020, 8:27 PM

Oh I dunno, I could see a scenario (contains the letters SEC) where an unscrupulous team might convince a covid-positive commit to visit an upcoming opponents facilities in the hopes of infecting enough of their players to make it impossible for them to compete fairly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2020, 8:35 PM

Are coaches allowed to make calls and do virtual tours, zoom calls, etc.?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2020, 6:55 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Elliott says NCAA-mandated dead period unfortunate for recruits ]

I feel dumbererer for reading this.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh...Clemson won't allow that to happen. Testing.***

Sep 29, 2020, 7:27 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Elliott says NCAA-mandated dead period unfortunate for recruits ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 29, 2020, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Elliott says NCAA-mandated dead period unfortunate for recruits ]

I'm with you. This makes no sense to me. If you can go to Home Depot you should be able to walk around campus. I thought I read an interview with a recruit just last week where he mentioned he had just visited a school?? Seems visits should be related to state rules about lockdown but I guess that would favor southern states.

I am traveling for work and pleasure

Sep 28, 2020, 11:10 PM

My travel is down, but I've been to St Louis and Nashville recently on Delta (staying in Marriott's) with no impact. Wearing masks and being careful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the way you do it.***

Sep 29, 2020, 7:28 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,397
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic