Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Elliott leans on the running game in stadium scrimmage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,086

TNET: Elliott leans on the running game in stadium scrimmage

Aug 16, 2020, 2:01 PM

Elliott leans on the running game in stadium scrimmage

The Clemson offense was without several playmakers during Saturday’s stadium scrimmage, but offensive coordiantor coordinator Tony Elliott said he still likes what he saw. (Photo courtesy of CU Athletics)
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Elliott leans on the running game in stadium scrimmage

Aug 16, 2020, 2:14 PM

May need to run it with all the wr's we had out of this scrimmage. the OC RB coach talks up the run and yet it seems the first time we get a run play stuffed he turns to pass almost exclusively

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would agree with you

Aug 16, 2020, 3:09 PM

But I’m hoping the change in having Elliott as the primary play caller will give way to more balance and consistency. I have a feeling it will

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would agree with you

Aug 16, 2020, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Elliott leans on the running game in stadium scrimmage ]

But I’m hoping the change in having Elliott as the primary play caller will give way to more balance and consistency. I have a feeling it will

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2020, 2:52 PM

The running game is going to be fun to watch. No drop off when we sub or start mop up duty at the close of games. Can’t wait!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Elliott is a solid coach and 1st class gentlemen & recruiter

Aug 16, 2020, 3:15 PM

I do question how Elliott would have limited Barry Sanders' college stats and especially his 37 TD's in 1988 teaching him how to "run between the tackles" hole or no hole.

1988___Oklahoma State___11 gms___344 attempts___2628 yds___37 TD's

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Elliott is a solid coach and 1st class gentlemen & recruiter

Aug 16, 2020, 4:11 PM

Well, Elliott has won two national titles so I’m pretty sure he knows what he’s doing.

Aug 16, 2020, 5:13 PM

Agree. He's done a great job and deserves a lot of credit -- Deshaun and TL16 have been the keys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2020, 7:18 PM

I'm not comfortable with people complaining about Clemson football. That's embarrassing, like the little cousin that ####### about his present on Christmas. He got a Porsche when he wanted a Lamborghini
You are aware that Clemson has won 2 out of the last 4 national titles and that the rushing offense you are whining about finished 13th nationally last season? Etienne ran for over 1,600 yards at almost 8 yards per carry, and Dixon ran for 635. They are all back and have added a super back for this season.

That's just wrong and I don't care if you down vote me.

"Headlines you thought you'd never read"

Aug 16, 2020, 4:04 PM

Elliott leans on running game.

Aug 16, 2020, 6:33 PM

It’s got to be hard not to use Trevor every play with a RPO. Our balance has been the key to our success.

The only game I remember that it would have helped to run a lot more was our last game. We were between a rock and a hard place with the offense we were up against and the biggest weakness we were hiding our Defensive line.

I believe we addressed that well not that 14-1 or 29-1 with a Natty is bad. We have no room to complain forsure!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Aug 16, 2020, 7:20 PM

As always, we will go as far as the O line will take us. Best QB and best RB in the nation but O line has got to stay well.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,086
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic