Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN's College GameDay and the Clemson flag: A milestone is reached
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

TNET: ESPN's College GameDay and the Clemson flag: A milestone is reached

Oct 9, 2019, 8:19 AM

ESPN's College GameDay and the Clemson flag: A milestone is reached

The Clemson flag is by now a familiar sight on ESPN's College GameDay and will reach a milestone this week. What is that milestone, and how does the flag get to so many different locations? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN's College GameDay and the Clemson flag: A milestone is reached

Oct 9, 2019, 8:36 AM

:)

If you are interview Bubba Briton about the flag, ask him

Oct 9, 2019, 8:46 AM

Ask him about the time he dressed as a Clemson player and ran down the hill. Takes dedication to make your own uniform

Being 1st Unofficial PAW Flag Bearer per SID Bob Bradley In 1977..

Oct 9, 2019, 9:05 AM

I know how difficult this task can be & thus can better understand what the chosen person has to do upon receiving the TWO flags, going out & buying a long expensive pole, figuring out how to attach two flags to that slippery pole and then having the strength & stamina to wave such a tall pole for 4 hours.

This doesn't take into consideration of getting to the site hours b/4 the 9am show, dressed in proper clothing & comfortable shoes, finding a parking spot, getting to an area within the busy Gameday site so to position yourself so to be seen readily by the many cameras, maybe being harassed by the local fans, needing to take a rest room break, etc.

Saying, sincere congratulations to the many volunteers over the years since this feat & those flags have excited us ALL-In!

Go TiGERS!

PS: Pic (fuzzy) was maybe taken around 1979. I flew that 3'x5' Cotton PAW Flag on either a single aluminum pole as seen in pic or on two poles connected..from 1977-1992 to Clemson home games & to most all away games & all bowls. It's been retired..with holes, a blood stain from 1979 away game at Notre Dame, mud from dropping it at 1982 Ga game, etc.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sure about 1977 Bill?

Oct 9, 2019, 9:10 AM

The reason I ask is because the south upper deck wasn't added until 1978?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: You sure about 1977 Bill?

Oct 9, 2019, 9:58 AM

Bill said that the pic was taken "later" than 1977...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did bengaline take that pig?

Oct 9, 2019, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Being 1st Unofficial PAW Flag Bearer per SID Bob Bradley In 1977.. ]

bengaline

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

That looks like a bengaline photo of an old polaroid

Oct 9, 2019, 9:24 AM

Willmo®

All I got from this was binoculars

Oct 9, 2019, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Being 1st Unofficial PAW Flag Bearer per SID Bob Bradley In 1977.. ]

that was it. LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you are interview Bubba Briton about the flag, ask him

Oct 9, 2019, 9:09 AM [ in reply to If you are interview Bubba Briton about the flag, ask him ]

I’ve meet bubba before and heard this story. It’s hilarious. I didn’t realize it then cause I was young but he is truly a Clemson legend. I really thought the story was just a folk tell

Gameday in Ireland

Oct 9, 2019, 9:11 AM

Fear not....Bubba will find someone to wave the Paw flag for the game in Ireland next year. (There is an Clemson Alumni club in the UK) My wife and I were in London last year and watched the Semi-Final beat-down of ND with several Clemson folks at a place called the Loose Box....ND has a campus in London, so we were greatly out-numbered. We rocked the Orange with pride! FYI, Loose Box is a great place to watch college football if you find yourself in London during football season.

Go Tigers!

I am willing to take another trip to Ireland and fly the

Oct 9, 2019, 9:26 AM

flag. MY wife and I are both alumni and would be glad to take it over!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Question: are the wavers required to sign

Oct 9, 2019, 10:18 AM

waivers?

It's important.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Question: are the wavers required to sign

Oct 9, 2019, 11:58 AM

Oh boy. Only you would come up with something like that!!

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A silly attempt to copy Wazzu

Oct 9, 2019, 12:21 PM

We should do something different

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A silly attempt to copy Wazzu - GREAT IDEA!

Oct 9, 2019, 4:18 PM

I say we get Francis Marion®, GWPTiger®, Snowtown® and TinCup14® to go to the next Gameday location and kidnap the Wazzu flagwaver (and flag), then we can break their streak and become #1(?)!

Plus, if they are arrested and incarcerated, who would miss them on tnet, amirite?!

I would go with them, but if I went to jail, who would feed my pet turtle??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

A silly attempt to copy Wazzu

Oct 9, 2019, 12:21 PM

We should do something different

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN's College GameDay and the Clemson flag: A milestone is reached

Oct 9, 2019, 7:51 PM

What if someone has emergency? We need a backup flag bearer.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic