Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Dabo's Top-10 wins: Who can forget 4th-and-16 and the win over LSU?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TNET: Dabo's Top-10 wins: Who can forget 4th-and-16 and the win over LSU?

Jul 10, 2019, 12:56 PM

Dabo's Top-10 wins: Who can forget 4th-and-16 and the win over LSU?

It’s no secret which game is number two. Clemson defeated LSU on New Year's Eve in the Peach Bowl in 2012, a turnaround game for Swinney's program. Who can forget 4th-and-16? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Dabo's Top-10 wins: Who can forget 4th-and-16 and the win over LSU?

Jul 10, 2019, 1:03 PM

Woot! One of my videos made it in an article! Thanks @TigerNet News®

Jul 10, 2019, 2:19 PM

Awesome job on that video. I'll be watching that one over and over.

Dabo was pumped for 4th and 16, then relieved/overwhelmed for the winning kick.

So sweet.

Jul 10, 2019, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Dabo's Top-10 wins: Who can forget 4th-and-16 and the win over LSU? ]

A well done vid, I like the last look from behind. It shows the blocking was just good enough, as the closets rushers were on their knees.

Jul 10, 2019, 1:05 PM

:)

Jul 10, 2019, 1:11 PM

I will never, ever forget 4th and 16!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is my favorite play of all time!! I still watch it over and over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Dabo's Top-10 wins: Who can forget 4th-and-16 and the win over LSU?***

Jul 10, 2019, 1:11 PM

Jul 10, 2019, 1:18 PM

Check out Adam Humphries in the slot on 4th and 16. Is he not wide open?

Jul 10, 2019, 1:44 PM

Best New Year's Eve ever. Celebrated almost all night watching the sports news over and over.

Jul 10, 2019, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Dabo's Top-10 wins: Who can forget 4th-and-16 and the win over LSU? ]

I thought I was the only one noticing that after the one millionth viewing. They really blew the coverage on that half of the field.

I was at Great Wolf Lodge with wife and kids that night

Jul 10, 2019, 1:57 PM

I could make NO SOUND during the game because they were asleep. Think I cracked a rib.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2019, 2:23 PM

Clearly one of the great plays of any teat that year. It helped establish the real Tigers as legitimate in the eyes of the media, who seriously suffer from myopia. It also launched our beloved Tigers into the recruiting mainstream and national prominence. It pretty much cemented the demise of Les Lyles, who had no r eal understand of offensive football except run, run, run.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2019, 5:07 PM

Amazingly, Less Miles called three straight pass plays on LSPU's final drive. I think two were incomplete, stopping the clock and one was a short gain. He did not run, run, run, when doing so would have made perfect sense. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Or perhaps, dum dee dum dum. ;)

THE GAME that established Clemson and Dabo Swinney as

Jul 10, 2019, 3:11 PM

legite contenders!

Go TIGERS!

Re: THE GAME that established Clemson and Dabo Swinney as

Jul 10, 2019, 5:08 PM

Agreed!!!!

Re: THE GAME that established Clemson and Dabo Swinney as

Jul 10, 2019, 5:42 PM [ in reply to THE GAME that established Clemson and Dabo Swinney as ]

Wholeheartedly agree.

Jul 10, 2019, 3:30 PM

I have really enjoyed these articles. Another great post for a great win, but I will make one correction. To paraphrase the 'great' Stevie A Smith, the reason LSU was favored was

# 5 the SEC

# 4 the SEC

# 3 the SEC

# 2 the SEC, and

# 1 the SEC

Jul 10, 2019, 3:58 PM

Great block by Hot Rod McDowell gave Boyd just enough time to make that throw.

Nick made a lot of money that day. He was not projected as a 1st-rounder until after he dominated LSU’s talented defense. They had no answers for Nuk, and remember Sammy Watkins left the game early with an injury.

That win was the program’s tipping point imo.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shows how crap NFL draft analysts are...

Jul 10, 2019, 5:17 PM

He's one of the best NFL WRs of all time and they didn't have him going first round.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can we talk about the teams that didn't make the list?

Jul 10, 2019, 6:26 PM

...since #1 won't be a surprise. Personally I'm surprised 31-0 vs. OSU wasn't top-10. That game was the epitome of BV's bend-but-don't-break defense and was the first time I remember the media discussing "elite" and "Dabo" in the same sentence... First time Urban Meyer had been shut out... Made the CFP committee rethink how it selected teams... My favorite scoreline since 63-17. Plus it was Ohio State :)

Re: Can we talk about the teams that didn't make the list?

Jul 11, 2019, 2:59 AM

Agreed Sir!!! I can't fathom how the 31-0 Curb Stomping of Blueblood T-OSU is not in the top 10. This Humiliating, Dominating, Embarrassing Win came against 3 Time National Championship Winner Urban Meyer. It was Meyer's only shutout in his entire 219 game Career as a head coach! Meyer who just retired "again" has an incredible combined record of 187-32 between 4 schools and has the 3rd highest winning percentage in College Football History of .854%, behind only Notre Dame Greats Rockne & Leahy. Meyer also has an excellent 12-3 Bowl Record, but 0-2 against our Clemson Tigers & Dabo Swinney!!! So he has a 12-1 career bowl mark when not playing against Clemson LOL!!!! I'd be willing to bet he and most of the entire OSU fan base hates Clemson, remember Clemson also beat them in the 78' Gator bowl, famously known for "The Woody Hayes Haymaker" officially getting Legendary ole Woody Relieved of his duties (Also Coach Ford's 1st Win). That makes Ohio State 0-3 all-time vs. LITTLE OLD CLEMSON! (LOVE IT!!!!) This Game was T-OSU's first Bowl shutout in something like 90-95 years & It was an EPIC BEAT DOWN from start to finish in front of a packed Stadium & Millions at home watching on TV in the Semifinals of the CFP! Personally I'd of had it #4 behind the 2 National Championship Wins over Bama and the LSU Peach Bowl WIN.

Such a great game.

Jul 10, 2019, 6:55 PM

There was a new sheriff in town and no one knew and no one believed.

Beating LSU was a big deal. LSU had the press. LSU had the natty winning Coach Miles. So it was an upset. LSU lost because of Miles...because of bad play calling...because...because......because of all the excuses Auburn, SC and Bama now use regularly. It's just so darn hard to admit that Clemson is the better team and the better program. We are the new sheriff in town and even true blue Clemson fans like me did not know it before or after the famous 4th and 16 game. I mean the game took a miracle finish for us to win. Surely LSU would come back and be the big time program. Surely Clemson would drop back to mediocrity. Right?

Wrong.

Since 4th and 16, Clemson is 76-9. Since 4th and 16, LSU is 54-22. LSU has a new coach. They haven't won anything since we beat them. The LSU tide was going out and it was going out fast. No one recognized it, but the days of big bad LSU were over. Since that game, Bama has beaten LSU six straight times while going 2-2 versus Clemson. Since that game the ACC has won 3 nattys and the SEC has 2.

New sheriff in town. Nice game. Routine win for Clemson. 4th and 16. Clemson wins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I truly can't believe the basic omission of Tajh Boyd's

Jul 10, 2019, 7:48 PM

contributions in this game. Tajh's rushes are probably the single largest factor in wearing down that LSU D. By the way, he threw all those passes that Hopkins and the others caught. Hopkins had a fantastic game, but Tajh won it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This game solidified Nuk as the Best WR of all-time at

Jul 11, 2019, 8:56 AM

Clemson. He was triple-teamed all night b/c Sammy was injured or was just running decoy routes. And he completely dominated the best secondary in the nation that night. Not one guy, not two guys, but he routinely beat three guys all night long. ANd even on that play there as 3 guys in his area. He was a man amongst todlers that night.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic