Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson vs. South Carolina: Future of rivalry is uncertain, but hope remains
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,174

TNET: Clemson vs. South Carolina: Future of rivalry is uncertain, but hope remains

Jul 10, 2020, 8:01 AM

Clemson vs. South Carolina: Future of rivalry is uncertain, but hope remains

The annual rivalry series against South Carolina is still on. For now. The series has been played every year since 1909, the longest out of conference continuous series in the nation. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson vs. South Carolina: Future of rivalry is uncertain, but hope remains

Jul 10, 2020, 8:23 AM

:)

Re: TNET: Clemson vs. South Carolina: Future of rivalry is uncertain, but hope remains

Jul 10, 2020, 4:03 PM

ND is playing 6 ACC teams. So they should be considered a conference game and usuc would be our +1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 8:43 AM

I would be very happy if we never played the Gamecocks again. It's not worth having to put up with their vile, rude fans who have kept many families away from those games, including mine. It's ridiculous to play a team whose fans routinely throw objects at players, spit on and curse at fans - including children - and instigate fights at every opportunity. We're better than that and we should not have to be subjected to it. Let's play teams whose fans have a little respect for themselves and others and who are decent competition from year to year.

Jul 10, 2020, 10:05 AM

I've been there for several games and never had any of those things happen.

with all due respect, I disagree....LONG LIVE THE RIVALRY

Jul 10, 2020, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson vs. South Carolina: Future of rivalry is uncertain, but hope remains ]

I love putting him in their place with an annual butt-kicking!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson vs. South Carolina: Future of rivalry is uncertain, but hope remains ]

I've never witnessed such activities either, other than some objects being thrown from the student section. No point in painting everyone with the same brush...a bunch or drunk, rowdy students don't represent the entire fan base.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2020, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson vs. South Carolina: Future of rivalry is uncertain, but hope remains ]

I don’t want to be a part of a copasetic rivalry. That’s Harvard vs. Brown. Sure, there are some fans(both sides)that go over the top.....i’ll Trade that to keep the longest consecutive non-conference streak alive.
Go Tigers!!!

IF they decided to open all colleges for the fall term

Jul 10, 2020, 9:09 AM

for students to be on campus, they will be closing them before October. State and local governments do not want to risk all of the students coming down with COVID. And, students will not simply stay in their rooms and just go to class.

I think there is about a 80% chance that all colleges will be all online in Fall 2020. Colleges/Universities do not want to incur the cost of housing and feeding students only to close and refund all the money. They lost millions in the Spring term. I think they are trying to figure out a way to keep all students off campus in the fall except their cash cow football players and staff/support. If they don't play football in the fall many, many athletic departments will be simply run out of money. They are all run as non-profits and spend every penny they bring in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Jul 10, 2020, 9:17 AM

I would be very disappointed to see Clemson play ND instead of South Carolina!!! Although ND is a higher-profile game, I don't feel any loyalty to ND, and I really harbor ill feelings towards ND about their unwillingness to be a conference member for football. If they're too good for the ACC during football season, then they're too good for us during a pandemic and its aftermath. It would serve them right to be without an ACC slate this year. They made their bed, now let them lie in it.

Jul 10, 2020, 9:24 AM

Title is misleading. Makes it sound like the whole future of the rivalry game will be canceled like Texas-Texas A&M. We all know that's not going to happen.

Jul 10, 2020, 9:49 AM

The Big 10 has every right to make it's own decision just as the Ivy League did. This is not paint everyone with the same brush.

Hopefully the decision will be made based on "true" science

Jul 10, 2020, 9:58 AM

.... instead of "political" science....

Drop ND and play USC

Jul 10, 2020, 10:02 AM

Yes, that hurts us from a strength of schedule standpoint. But some things should be a given. Clemson- Carolina is one of them.

Everyone knows the “agreement” between ND and the ACC is BS. Either be in the conference as a full member, or take a hike.

In the broader picture though, i have little confidence football will be played this year. Thinking either played in empty stadiums or spring of 2021 are the most likely scenarios.

No matter what....will always love Clemson University.
GO TIGERS!!!
ALL IN!!!

Message was edited by: OrangeExpress®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”

? John Wayne

Re: Drop ND and play USC

Jul 10, 2020, 10:05 AM

I hate it when people call that crappy school USC. USC is Southern Cal and always has been.

Give me some down votes now, please. No Lamecock can be the school with the most number 1 draft picks of all time. I don't even like USC, but that's an insult.

Re: Drop ND and play USC

Jul 10, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Drop ND and play USC ]

They wont play in the spring due to the NFL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stupid that this game is in jeopardy - if ANY games are

Jul 10, 2020, 1:42 PM

played --- we should keep this game. closest opponent and in same state.

bunch of #marooons ....

null

Jul 10, 2020, 3:11 PM

If it goes in this direction the legislatures in SC and GA need to petition the conferences to allow a swap. We'll play the coots instead of GT and GT can play thUGA instead of us. It would be a win-win for everybody; that is except for the coots and jackets, who are going to lose no matter who they play.

Jul 10, 2020, 4:17 PM

It is the law. Law makers in South Carolina passed a law that says Clemson and South Carolina has to play each other every year. I don't remember the year.
Many years ago I bought a book titled " weird and unusual laws in South Carolina." I'm sure one could find it if they searched for it. I lost the book somewhere along the way. I remember having it when I lived in Alabama. I moved back to S.C. in 2004 and don't have it now.

Jul 11, 2020, 12:12 AM

Its a bit over-stated to say the rivalry is in danger - I don't believe that for one minute and there is that law someone mentioned even if the rivalry was in jeopardy for some reason. Will we play this year? Who knows, but that has nothing to do with whether the rivalry lives on.
Anything in 2020 gets an asterisk that will be in the history books as long as they exist.
It would be great however to see normalcy return come the end of November - Tigers 42, Coots 10. Now that's normal!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t wear masks or social distance! It’s not for real!

Jul 11, 2020, 12:33 AM

We won’t be.

(not that it has anything to do with not wanting to play you guys of course!)

Signed,

Cocky

Jul 11, 2020, 2:03 PM

As far as I know there is a state law in South Carolina that requires the two schools to play an annual football game. Perhaps the governor has the authority to cancel the game in the event of a public health crisis, but I wouldn't think that the ACC would be able to forbid it.(?) Can anyone enlighten me?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,174
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic