Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson Nation: Clemson great Sharone Wright needs our help
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson Nation: Clemson great Sharone Wright needs our help

Feb 18, 2020, 5:54 PM

Clemson Nation: Clemson great Sharone Wright needs our help

Sharone Wright is one of Tim Bourret's favorite athletes from his time at Clemson. Wright is facing a challenge with his health and now we are asking for the Tiger faithful to help. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson Nation: Clemson great Sharone Wright needs our help

Feb 18, 2020, 6:29 PM

Sharon Wright is a great guy. He and I were freshmen together and we had a couple of classes together. We even formed a study group with Ashley Shepherd (LB) and a couple of other FB players to get through a rigorous Economics class. He was a stud and a regular guy. He took his classes pretty seriously, too.

Man, he was beautiful to watch on the court. Huge soft hands - could catch any pass thrown into him and go immediately into his move. He could shoot the mid-range jumper or back you up to the basket and go right around you - silky smooth and deceptively strong. He averaged a double double for his three years here.

Those were great teams when Cliff Ellis was bringing excellent big men in and then sending them on to the NBA - Horace Grant, Eldon Campbell, Dale Davis, and finally Sharon. That was a fun time to watch Clemson basketball.

He had the biggest, softest hands I ever saw. A couple of years after he graduated, my brother and I were in the upper level for a Clemson Basketball game. I looked over and saw Sharon just sitting there in the cheap seats like a regular fan - with his legs jacked up to his eyes. I went over to say hello and if was like the years had been days. We talked for a while and he asked me who I came to the game with. I sort of waved over at my brother. He got up and walked over and I introduced him to my brother. When my brother shook his hand it disappeared halfway up his forearm. We chatted for a few more minutes and then he went back to watching the game. My brother held out his arm with his mouth open and just stared at me.

Sharon was a great Clemson athlete and an even better guy. He's had to deal with a lot and I'm sure he doesn't make much money coaching prep school ball. I hope some of y'all will find it in your hearts to help him out. I feel sure he deserves it.

Either mid/end of 2nd session Summer '91, went to Fike

Feb 18, 2020, 6:55 PM

with my brother and friends for pickup basketball.

Some tall dude with McDonald's All-American jersey was shooting around. After a bit, enough people showed up for a full court game and he joined in.

He obviously was light years better than everyone but you could tell he was taking it easy on us. He even dished me a layup on a fast break when he could've easily finished. Laid back, wanting everyone to participate/have a good time, and generally a nice guy.

As everyone does, we leave our student ID's near a wall. So we peeked at his before leaving and saw his name but still no clue. Only after the first Tiger basketball game did we realize who it was.

Not a big deal at all, but some of these smaller moments seem to be etched in my mind just as vividly as the more memorable ones.

Pulling for you Sharone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2020, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson Nation: Clemson great Sharone Wright needs our help ]

as a small point of accuracy, bill foster brought in Horace grant (and his bro harvey), not cliff.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 3:07 PM

Point taken.

They played for Cliff though - didn't they ??

Done

Feb 18, 2020, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson Nation: Clemson great Sharone Wright needs our help ]

& done.

Let's keep this going.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Feb 19, 2020, 2:35 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson Nation: Clemson great Sharone Wright needs our help ]

Prayers going out to Sharone for a speedy recovery.

I hope it all works out for Sharone. I remember passing

Feb 18, 2020, 6:34 PM

Him on his way to class when I was a sophomore. That’s a tough row to hoe.

Feb 18, 2020, 6:51 PM

Donated and Shared on social media .
Sharone is one of my favs all-time !
I hope he gets what he needs .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 18, 2020, 7:06 PM

Yep everyone likes Sharone. Great player. Better guy. He was a joy to watch play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2020, 7:08 PM

Is there an address we can send an old fashioned get well soon card to Sharone? A great guy and Clemson man.

Feb 18, 2020, 7:08 PM

Is there an address we can send an old fashioned get well soon card to Sharone? A great guy and Clemson man.

Feb 18, 2020, 8:39 PM

Was in a Health class with Sharon and Wayne Buckingham. Great dudes. Remember getting on an elevator once with Sharon and it seemed like his belt was at my shoulders. Asked him if Jeff Brown had been late on a last second trey to beat USUC and he admitted it was late. Also, the picture of him stuffing Eric Montrose was my view of the block from where I was on the flook under that basket. We beat UNC that night when I think they were #2 (?) and I rushed the court and tripped over the ESPN camera cable, crashing onto the floor in jubilation. Great times. Prayers for Sharon!

Feb 18, 2020, 9:06 PM

Just left the page and left a gift. I every member would chip in we can help repay him for all he gave to his team and Clemson. A speedy recovery big guy!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2020, 9:18 PM

His daughter also played for Clemson if I have my thoughts in order .

DB23

I put $100 in.

Feb 18, 2020, 9:10 PM

I really hope he gets well soon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AeroTiger donated a Bengamin to Sharon. Best wishes Sharone!***

Feb 18, 2020, 9:46 PM

null

Message was edited by: AeroTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Feb 18, 2020, 10:11 PM

Let’s all plan to donate to help one of our own. ?? Let’s all keep him and his family in prayer also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Feb 18, 2020, 11:05 PM

Donated what I could. Hundreds of thousands of cases like this happen across the country. People suffer financially for things far out of their control. One good solution so that people dont have to pay ridiculous premiums and out of pocket expenses. We have to lower the overall cost of health care. A universal health care system combined with the government actually dealing with the coordinated price gouging of big pharma, could help.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 11:24 AM

Sorry you had to bring politics into this, just to set the record straight, no one is ever denied treatment in this country and health care institutions write off gigantic sums for the indigent every day.

As great as this country is

Feb 19, 2020, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson Nation: Clemson great Sharone Wright needs our help ]

there is no reason why people should struggle with or go without decent health care.

Medicare for all has really been on my mind lately.

Feb 19, 2020, 12:18 AM

At 47, Medicare is quite a ways off for Sharone.

Gofundme pages for serious medical issues are all to common. Heartbreaking. And most aren’t sports greats.

There has to be a better way, I am all ears.

Re: Medicare for all has really been on my mind lately.

Feb 19, 2020, 6:15 AM

FYI, I tried to donate this morning and got a message on the GoFundMe website that the campaign is paused due some issue. It requests that the organizers contact them to assist with the issue. Hopefully David is monitoring this thread.

Feb 19, 2020, 7:52 AM

It looks like there were two set up, so it appears that one is locked. Go to the other one.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Medicare for all has really been on my mind lately. ]

Not if he applies for disability and receives it.

Feb 19, 2020, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Medicare for all has really been on my mind lately. ]

I have been doing some research on Medicare for All Plans and they will provide better coverage for all and still come out cheaper than the hodge-podge of private insurance that we have now. There are a few caveats, but they are readily overcome.

These guys lay out the pros and cons pretty well in a downloadable form

https://djdinstitute.org/take-action/

Feb 19, 2020, 7:47 AM

Post a link to the GoFundMe! The article doesn't have one.

Feb 19, 2020, 8:17 AM

Done

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 8:31 AM

Iive in Florence and a few years ago I was at the bank and looked over and recognized Sharone at the next window (hard to miss!) After he finished, I spoke to him and we talked a little about Clemson and his son, who was a rising Jr in HS. I told him my son had gotten me a Greatest Players in Clemson BB poster and he was on it. He offered to sign it and next time I went to the bsnk I left it with the teller he knew and she got it signed!
I will add him to my prayer list along with Bubba Brown, who also needs our prayers and help! Great Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 2:51 PM

Great story! Wish him the very best, for sure.

God Bless and just donated - GREAT TIGER - speedy recovery***

Feb 19, 2020, 9:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 10:19 AM

Prayers for a full and speedy recovery! Headed to donate now.

GO TIGERS!!!

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic