Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Brent Venables on freshmen: If they're on the bus, we're confident in them
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

TNET: Brent Venables on freshmen: If they're on the bus, we're confident in them

Sep 4, 2018, 4:14 PM

Brent Venables on freshmen: If they're on the bus, we're confident in them

Brent Venables has coached games at Texas A&M on numerous occasions, and he knows the tough environment of Kyle Field. The Aggies’ home field can be an intimidating place to play for seniors, much less freshmen, but Venables says he will have no problem playing his younger players Saturday night.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can we get a list of who will be on the bus?

Sep 4, 2018, 4:20 PM

I think the depth chart exceeds the size of the travel squad.

TIA in advance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Can we get a list of who will be on the bus?

Sep 4, 2018, 6:05 PM

I think the depth chart is very close to the size of the travel squad. But likely will be minus any players not ready to play because of injuries.

Dabo just said there's no limit for non-conference games

Sep 5, 2018, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Can we get a list of who will be on the bus? ]

The travel squad is only limited to 72 for conference games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: TNET: Brent Venables on freshmen: If they're on the bus, we're confident in them

Sep 4, 2018, 4:48 PM

That photo helps explain why I was concerned Chad Smith got injured on that play. I thought he stayed down after the play, but apparently did not seriously hurt his knee or ankle.

Re: TNET: Brent Venables on freshmen: If they're on the bus, we're confident in them

Sep 4, 2018, 5:05 PM

I'm the aggie hater on the board. The stadium is loud, but they haven't beaten a good opponent at home in several years. That was why they fired Kevin Sumlin, they couldn't win any SEC games at Kyle Field.
They are loud and they like to sway back and forth, but it's not that tough a place to play for a good team.

Sep 4, 2018, 6:39 PM

I like the way you think, but they have a "new sheriff" in town with Jimbo. Still, I believe we prove too much for them, if we bring our "A Game" and take care of business in a methodical way, early and often. My wife and I will be there cheering, and I got 100 $2 dollar bills I will stamp to leave our mark on them. I fully expect that they will not be used to what we will be bringing,team-wise. I just don't want us to get a slight lead and then get conservative and try to run clock, which seems to have happened too often, and it usually ends up with a game that is way too close for real comfort. I hope we go wide open, score early and often, and not take our foot off the accelerator until the game really is out of reach for any comeback. This will be "Statement Time" for us, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 7:05 PM

Um.... is 43's leg ok?

Sep 4, 2018, 9:53 PM

Can we talk about how Chad Smith's knee isn't being surgically repaired right now ? That is a cringe worthy picture on the article header .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Chad Smith is gonna break his neck tackling like that.***

Sep 5, 2018, 1:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That isn't a tackle. It's a player folding up because his

Sep 5, 2018, 10:05 AM

knee is about to get destroyed. He just happened to be in on the play.

Sep 5, 2018, 5:20 AM

Anyone else noticed Chad's knee looks like it's about to be hypertextended in the picture? Cleat in the ground, weight forward, helmet to the knee.....ouch

Mond Translation: Wish I was a Tiger.***

Sep 5, 2018, 3:41 PM

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic