Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Behind Enemy Lines: What's changed for Irish since Clemson-ND pt. 1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TNET: Behind Enemy Lines: What's changed for Irish since Clemson-ND pt. 1

Dec 17, 2020, 8:01 AM

Behind Enemy Lines: What's changed for Irish since Clemson-ND pt. 1

While Clemson enters the game healthier, Notre Dame has a couple of holes to fill - specifically on the offensive line and in the secondary. Here’s a quick rundown of all that’s changed with the Fighting Irish since the November 7th showdown in South Bend. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All the factors seem to be swinging in our direction for

Dec 17, 2020, 8:13 AM

this game. However, there is one thing that cannot be taken away from Notre Dame. That is, the absolute knowledge that they can beat Clemson now, because they have done it one time this season already. Having already done something is the supreme confidence booster for thinking you can do it again.

But, sitting in the back of their mind, and looking them dead in the eye across the line when they are on offense, are two of the reasons Clemson will win. Davis and Skalski will be in full revenge mode for this game, and they have NOT lost to Notre Dame. Jones Jr coming on blitz packages will be something they didn't see before as well.

I am not going to get delusional and say it will be an easy win. But, I do think it will be something around the 10 point spread that Vegas has on the game. Those guys are pretty smart this late in the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're spot on with your first point, but it works in

Dec 17, 2020, 9:29 AM

Clemson's favor! We KNOW and BELIEVE we can win championships regardless of the opponent, whether the ACCCG or HUGE CFP playoff games and 2 NATTYS! This ENTIRE team, minus true FR, has been there done that! Add in the fact that we HAVE to win and they likely don't to get in the playoff and I'd say there are some Tigers hungry for some leprechauns!!
The line seems about right, but we could also destroy them if Dabo and Elliot chose to!

Go Tigers!!

Re: All the factors seem to be swinging in our direction for

Dec 17, 2020, 9:45 AM [ in reply to All the factors seem to be swinging in our direction for ]

The flip side of the coin is complacency. Everyone remembers the win. It's easy to forget all the little things you did before you beat someone the first time and impossible to know all of the little things they've done to get better since then.

Also, it's just hard to beat a good team twice in a row, much less a great team.

I cannot wait. Spot the dang ball!

Re: All the factors seem to be swinging in our direction for

Dec 17, 2020, 1:52 PM [ in reply to All the factors seem to be swinging in our direction for ]

This aught to be good...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Behind Enemy Lines: What's changed for Irish since Clemson-ND pt. 1

Dec 17, 2020, 8:24 AM

TL;DR Norte Dame sucks now

Dec 17, 2020, 9:25 AM

This same type thing happened back in 2018,when Texas beat Oklahoma regular season,then oklahoma beat Texas in conference championship game** don't think the first game will be a ""confidence booster"" and with the fact that TL will play quarterback,Davis and Skalskie back on defense,them losing a starting center,freshman corner _________ I have to agree thinks look to be good for our Tigers __ now we just have to go take care of business,execute and don't make the mistakes we made in the first game** -- both games he started the "'Big5inco"" was ""OUTSTANDING"" -- but I always think the fumbles by ETN, in both games,were just the timing being off,between he and his quarterback -- but it is what it is and the next game is about to become ""The second best game of this crazy season""

GO TIGERS !!!!! may you guys play your best and ""stay healthy"" GO TIGERS !!!!!

Dec 17, 2020, 9:50 AM

One simple thing the Tigers can do to improve on the first game is NOT run kickoffs back with zero freaking blocking and then run sideways thinking you will outrun everybody and get tackled inside your own 10 yard line!!! Maybe we only have to return one kickoff this game though?

TU to you is my vote for us receiving only one KO***

Dec 17, 2020, 10:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

^^^^THIS ALL DAY LONG^^^^

Dec 17, 2020, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Behind Enemy Lines: What's changed for Irish since Clemson-ND pt. 1 ]

THANK YOU

Fair catch the ball. It’s not glamorous but it’s also not stupid. We killed ourselves by trying to return KOs and had TERRIBLE field position the entire game because of it. Swallow your pride. WE ARE NOT A GOOD KO RETURN TEAM!!! Haven’t been since Sammy or CJ. Hmmm Pearman??? But I won’t get into that right now....

Wish They Had Everybody Personally!

Dec 17, 2020, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Behind Enemy Lines: What's changed for Irish since Clemson-ND pt. 1 ]

They beat us when we had to basically play with one hand tied behind our back! So, I would like to see us beat them when we are untied and equally armed! I don't think so Irish!

My only concern for us is: "reading too much into the missing center and CB plus thinking since Davis, Jones, Skalski, Lawrence are all back we just need to show up"! Everybody thinks it! Which is okay for message boards and media types to talk about. We just have to hope players haven't let that enter their train of thought. ND could still beat us - if Clemson doesn't play the best version of Clemson brand football!

Loved the comment about not trying to return KO and getting horrible field position! Only thing that did was pat DJU's passing stats! But, likely stalled some drives that maybe had we gotten on their side of the field we go for(and make on 4th down).

Those 4 mentioned above plus: DJU being hurt entering the game(shoulder), losing Zanders early in the game and not having XT for the 1st half most certainly contributed to the defensive play calling being vanilla! Lots of young players who were wide eyed and bushy tailed - Simpson for example logged 75 or 78 snaps. Jake Venables had either 75 or 78. Can't remember which one had what - but that is a ton of snaps for such young players! Round two they won't be as shocked and awed - they ready!

Clemson is ready!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic