Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TLaw vs HJ .....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TLaw vs HJ .....

Jan 3, 2018, 8:22 AM

definitely differences between these two, including height, arm strength and hair but perhaps major difference is caliber of competition. TLaw played in GA, not the highest classification in the state but assuredly better competition than HJ ever saw in Indiana and definitely better than KB ever saw at Wren HS in SC. Nothing against IND and SC HS football but neither come close to GA HS football in terms of OVERALL athleticism and coaching. Also, TLaw has been groomed for greatness since he was in middle school and has been to all the camps, etc. Mike Farrell with Rivals said that he was the best HS QB prospect to come out of the SE in the past 20 years, that's saying a whole lot folks.

HJ wasnt ready but i think TLaw will be. TLaw is the total package. Could he stand to gain some weight and bulk up a bit, sure and I am sure that he will but, if he is all that the experts say he is, he will play immediately and he should. Nothing against KB who has done a great job but if we have the great fortune to have another generational QB, he has to play or we are cheating the rest of the team.

Again, this is all an ïf" right now but as someone who has seen TLaw play, I think it is a matter of when and the when probably starts next Sept.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I read one expert say TL was better than 1/4 of current NFL QBs.

Jan 3, 2018, 8:37 AM

Pretty bold statement, but if that’s even remotely true he should win the starting Job easily.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was Dilfer

Jan 3, 2018, 9:12 AM

who runs the Elite 11. He also said "15 guys", which is basically half of the NFL starting QBs.

Snowflake Basher........Out

completely out of context***

Jan 3, 2018, 6:19 PM [ in reply to I read one expert say TL was better than 1/4 of current NFL QBs. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TLaw vs HJ .....

Jan 3, 2018, 8:45 AM

I agree with your assessment but I think it will happen in the spring game this year. I am from Georgia and have seen him play also. Most Tiger fans know we have something special coming, they just don't understand why he is so special because they have not seen him play a game. Trevor will make everyone around him look and play so much better than they are right now much like someone else we knew and loved did.

TL is at a total different level talent wise.

Jan 3, 2018, 8:49 AM

HJ knows the system better. Hopefully TL picks it up fast.

Re: TL is at a total different level talent wise.

Jan 3, 2018, 9:21 AM

TL is better than HJ and don't count out Cooper or Brice be cause you never know how players develop over a year.

Jan 3, 2018, 9:54 AM [ in reply to TL is at a total different level talent wise. ]

From what I understand TL ran a Clemson like offense in HAS. Also I think Chase Brice is more competition for TL than HJ. All that said KB2 Will be the starter going into next year. Be ready for Stoudt/Watson round 2. HJ was not a better option than KB this year despite what many believe. The coaches hoped they'd find a QB but ended up with a game manager in KB. That's not a shot just reality. KB did a #### good job and rarely put the defense in a bad spot. TL will win games and open the playbook back up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 3, 2018, 11:34 AM

Be sure to watch the US Army all star game this Saturday at noon. Trevor is playing. My opinion is there will be just as much difference between TL and KB as there was between CS and DW if not more and I am not bashing KB as he performed at lot better than most people thought going into this year.

Jan 3, 2018, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Re: TL is at a total different level talent wise. ]

I respect your opinion however I don’t think you can say that with certainty because outside of a few series, we didn’t see HJ very much. I have said all year that I thought we would do very well with KB as the starter but would not be able to beat Bama with him because you have to have an elite passing QB to beat them. KB simply isn’t that elite passing QB, he is a great run first QB. However, you simply can’t line up and out Bama Bama without an elite OL which we do not have (yet).

IMO our best chance to have beaten Bama would have been make the decision during the spring that HJ would be the starter because in the long run, he would give us the best chance to beat Bama in the CFP. If that had happened and the coaching staff had worked him as the starter all year, with the talent on the rest of the team especially on the D, and the way the season played out, IMO we would have still had only 1 loss, won the ACC, and made the CFP. The difference would have been that we would now have an elite passing QB who had a whole season’s experience.

IMO that would have given us the best chance to beat Bama because they dared the Tigers to pass and we simply were not built to do it with KB as QB. That should be one of the goals every year, build a team that stands the best chance to beat Bama because chances (at least until Sabin retires) are they will always be there waiting on us.

Re: TLaw vs HJ .....

Jan 3, 2018, 6:13 PM

one thing for sure.......it is going to be fun to watch those guys compete for the top spot......and the future is bright......Go Tigers!!!!!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic