Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TL to NYC? Culture shock!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,595

TL to NYC? Culture shock!!!!

Oct 2, 2020, 11:30 AM

I am not sure how that city would respond to a soft spoken Southern white male leading the Jets to glory. That would make for a conflicted group. He may change the city, but I doubt the city changes him. He's not a showy, Joe Namath type.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That Place is a Giant Sewer and residents are leaving in Droves.

Oct 2, 2020, 11:37 AM

Decades of very high taxes and a complete lack of leadership have doomed this place!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Namath grew up in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania, a coal town.

Oct 2, 2020, 11:40 AM

Then played under the ultimate disciplinarian, Bear Bryant, at Alabama. He turned into the flashy Broadway Joe Namath AFTER he hit New Yawk.

Not that I want him to go there, as a Jets fan since 1968, I think current management is a train wreck. But, if he does go there, he will acclimate to life in New York just fine, if he even chooses to live there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Namath grew up in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania, a coal town.

Oct 2, 2020, 11:50 AM

I hope that I make it long enough to see Trevor on tv reminding me of my Medicare options!!!

I Yam truly embarrassed for Broadway Joe that he needs

Oct 2, 2020, 12:27 PM

more money bad enough at this stage of his life that he would be willing to do those commercials. Now, we even have Frazier (Kelsey Grammar) doing them as well.

I would siriusly hope that neither of them has to rely on extra features of a medicare plan to pay for their health insurance needs. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TL to NYC? Culture shock!!!!

Oct 2, 2020, 12:22 PM

Eli Manning was a soft spoken Southern white male who helped the Giants to 2 Super Bowl wins.He was more than accepted. TL will be just fine.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2020, 12:32 PM

Haha thank you. I was going to write the same thing. Lot of soft spoken southerners as well as country bumpkins on New York sports teams as well as teams from other large metro areas. He will be okay! Besides, most guys live in jersey near the facilities and not NYC.

Oct 2, 2020, 12:55 PM

No better city to be in if you’re a high profile, successful athlete.

If you can make it there....

Maybe this is what he needs to stay at Clemson for another

Oct 2, 2020, 1:42 PM

year...and thats not even NewYork. Its New Jersey...even yuckier

Wait a Minute - ATL is Still in this Fight

Oct 2, 2020, 3:20 PM

TL to the ATL, going home.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wait a Minute - ATL is Still in this Fight

Oct 2, 2020, 3:46 PM

QB isn't ATL's shortfall, but ok, TL would still be an upgrade. Package Matty Ice and get some defense or a decent HC.

My biggest concern about TL going to NY would be how well Marisa adapts. I think TL is committed to her happiness.

Oct 2, 2020, 9:39 PM

Not sure Jets are ready to move on from Darnold already. He’s shown flashes but they don’t put anything around him to work with.

LOL, he would be fine.

Oct 3, 2020, 7:48 AM

Plus, I’m sure he would live in the suburbs anyway.

Living in the suburbs of a large city is basically what he has done his whole life. No concerns whatsoever.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,595
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic