Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TL to Jacksonville?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

TL to Jacksonville?

Dec 21, 2020, 4:33 AM

https://nypost.com/2020/12/20/jaguars-in-drivers-seat-to-draft-trevor-lawrence-after-jets-win/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gardner Minshew is not going to like this.***

Dec 21, 2020, 5:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gardner Minshew is not going to like this.***

Dec 21, 2020, 6:09 AM

A QB with a name like that would be good to keep around as back-up. But anyway J-ville is closer Trevor's home and Clemson.

his nickname is "jock strap king" and he looks like JT Danie

Dec 21, 2020, 6:35 AM

ls.

https://i.insider.com/5d8e28712e22af75050313af?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TL to Jacksonville?

Dec 21, 2020, 6:12 AM

Jags have 11 draft picks too. They hve 2 in the first round and 2 in the second as well. I think TL will do well there after a few years.

Dec 21, 2020, 6:48 AM

In this, the messed up world of 2020, the Jags will find to screw this up and beat the Bears.

Trevor will be much happier tax wise, living & working in Florida, rather than New Jersey.

Jets have similar picks this year

Dec 21, 2020, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: TL to Jacksonville? ]

Two 1st round and two 2nd round picks and 9 overall for the Jets. It depends how how much value they place on TL and whether they think Fields will be a good pick as well. Jax could trade the #1 pick. Vice versa for the Jets as well.

Re: Jets have similar picks this year

Dec 21, 2020, 8:43 AM

I think he would do great with the Jets and I knew they have a bunch of picks. I was just glad to see the Jags ate doing well in that regard as well. Also, will the Jets fire case? Also, Jets ownership sucks. Jags are going with a new coach and GM no matter what. Only real advantage I see with the Jets would be the endorsements and maybe easier to recuit free agents. Who knows though?

Dec 21, 2020, 6:45 AM

Would be much easier to pull for the Jags than the Jets.

Plus, you get TL vs DW4 twice a season....

Dec 21, 2020, 8:09 AM

The division is fairly tough at the moment....but things sometimes change quickly. Colts are good now, but will have to figure out long term QB situation beyond Rivers. They do have excellent coaching and ownership, and have built a good overall team. Titans are a good team...Henry won’t stay young forever though.
Texans are a mess at the moment...but we know their QB will bring them out eventually.
Jaguars were a playoff team a few years ago with Blake Bortles....but they have some work to do.

They May Go After Dabo Too...

Dec 21, 2020, 8:03 AM

I know people won't like this but Jax may come after Dabo with an offer he can't refuse.

I've heard all of the reason Dabo wouldn't go or the perception that he can't make it in the NFL but he's taken Clemson as far as it can go and it's clear that he's not happy with the direction that College Football has been going as it's getting more pro-like with paying players, near-free agency with the transfer rules, players opting out...

Just don't be surprised...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: They May Go After Dabo Too...

Dec 21, 2020, 8:36 AM

The difference in us and him is that Swinney doesn't think Clemson is nearly as good as it will be and now that the ACC is trying to catch up, his motivation is ratcheted considerably. Besides which if you think he objects to paying college players -- the man who makes $10 million a year -- try to imagine his "culture" playing out in the pros. As long as Clemson treats him and the program right he is here on a permanent basis. And that includes any move Alabama might make on him.

Lost in all this

Dec 21, 2020, 8:20 AM

TL16 would be in the same division as DW4. Two head to head match ups every year.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Is that actually worse?

Dec 21, 2020, 8:40 AM

Sure the Jets are terrible, but Jacksonville is just depressing. They have no fans. Players don't want to stay there. They can't resign anyone... all of their draft picks that they hit on (and they've done a good job drafting the last ~5 years) leave after their first contract is up.

At least the Jets have people that care.

Heck, the Taxes alone would send me to JAX

Dec 21, 2020, 8:48 AM

New York taxes are brutal

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic