Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If OSU is in CFP; T. Lawrence Should Win Heisman!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

If OSU is in CFP; T. Lawrence Should Win Heisman!

Nov 30, 2020, 6:15 PM

If how many games you played won't disqualify you from making the CFP - why are so many convinced Trevor Lawrence is out because he missed a few games of the Heisman race?

Dillon Gabriel has better stats than Trask and Jones! So, it's not a stats award!

Why are so many willing to accept the Buck Nuts to the playoffs - but unwilling to say Trevor has a shot at winning the Heisman?

Same rules I would think are going to apply in this Covid-19 year! Just makes sense to me. Who was the best player - "when they played"?
Who was the 4 best "when they played"?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/stats/player/_/view/offense/table/passing/sort/passingYards/dir/desc

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T. Lawrence Is the best player in college

Nov 30, 2020, 6:24 PM

But unfortunately the trophy now goes to who is having the best year. That sucks because everyone knows Trevor is the best period.

Tigers will eat turkey again this weekend. To heck with tech!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: T. Lawrence Is the best player in college

Nov 30, 2020, 7:52 PM

cu81grad said:

But unfortunately the trophy now goes to who is having the best year. That sucks because everyone knows Trevor is the best period.

Tigers will eat turkey again this weekend. To heck with tech!

But, with that philosophy cu81grad wouldn't that make Dillon Gabriel the favorite? Or do you go; total TD leader wins the trophy?
If it's the trophy awarded to the most outstanding player - "that is still Trevor Lawrence"!

Did you know South Carolina RB Kevin Harris is third in the country in rushing at 928 yards? Nobody would pick him as a better player than Etienne though.
Has to be more about the entire player and what they do for their team. That agenda might get pushed - but at least for this year - the popularity contest might favor the actual best player in college! Not saying you are wrong; because you are most likely right. I am just not one to think that if Trevor plays well the rest of the way before the vote is taken - that he doesn't have a shot!
Especially if some of the same people have influence on if a minimal number of games Ohio State gets in the CFP also have a vote or influence in the Heisman! It either matters or does not matter(number of games)! Had Trevor played those two games and stunk it up - I would agree he "played his way out the race"! That's not what happened though.

In this crazy 2020 - I see it as a distinct possibility he wins it!

https://www.espn.com/college-football/stats/player/_/view/offense

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic