Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Syracuse Question - Lets talk this weeks game.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,138

Syracuse Question - Lets talk this weeks game.

Sep 27, 2018, 11:44 AM

Now that you know TL is the starter what is your defensive strategy? Confusing sets? Pressure?

I would show him different sets, multiple blitzes, try and hit him a few times and see how he reacts.

They will definitely try and rattle him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m interested to see what we do in drives 3 and 4

Sep 27, 2018, 11:47 AM

With Chase under center. I wasn’t sure how this 2 QB system was going to work out at first, but I have to say it’s worked so far!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Syracuse's strategy should be as follows...

Sep 27, 2018, 11:50 AM

1) Ask for 10 minute quarters.
2) Ask for a running clock.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I think they will try and disguise coverages, make last

Sep 27, 2018, 11:50 AM

minute shifts, and definitely bring some blitzes. I would expect to see pressure on early downs to try and get us behind the chains. That little option/shovel pass we used against GT may be called early in this game to break ETN on a big one if Cuse is blitzing early.

Good take

Sep 27, 2018, 11:58 AM

Think you’ll see a lot of pre-snap movement and exotic blitzes to try to confuse him. But if the running game is effective they’re not going to be able to do a lot of that.

Re: Syracuse Question - Lets talk this weeks game.

Sep 27, 2018, 12:12 PM

I think we do what we do. Shouldn’t look much different. I’m not convinced that Cuse will stop our run, maybe, but I’ll believe it when I see it. I’m even less convinced that they can stop our passing game, ESPECIALLY the mid-range passing game of 10-20 yds.
Cuses offense looks tricky quick to me. I think we’ll stuff the run up the middle. Cuses wheelhouse on offense is runs outside the tackle, quick throws to the sideline for wr screens and every other kind of screen you’ve ever seen. Their QB is quick and strong and knows his offense like the back of his hand.

If we get up on them, and that’s a VERY BIG IF, and we force them to go outside of their comfort zone, we could run away with it. Our pass rush will give them problems, but they are excellent in the scramble. I think defensively we MUST contain their QB and we’ll need good LB and CB play the whole game.

Offensively we do what we do. I think our wr’s are going to be a nightmare for them. Too big. too tall and Trevor will put the ball where it needs to be.

Lastly, Cuses depth does not look good on either side of the ball. If Cuse has to sub they get vulnerable really quick.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,138
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic