Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Switchin from Ccast to Directv on Wed to get my ACC. Can any
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Switchin from Ccast to Directv on Wed to get my ACC. Can any

Aug 26, 2019, 11:41 AM

one with Directv give me the scoop on the good the bad and the ugly? They sell it as unicorns and rainbows but every company has warts. Just wondering what to expect. Thanks in advance for the 411 and go tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the sales presentation they tend to gloss over

Aug 26, 2019, 12:00 PM

the size of their satellite dishes

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Bob thinks bre is joking but he isnt

Aug 26, 2019, 12:42 PM

The dish doubled in size when they went to the HD slim. Their non HD and HD satellites so close together they need a bigger dish to get them.

This is why direct tv doesn't have a portable, self locating HD satellite like Dish's tailgater.

You gotta fork out like 3k .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You think my house is a joke?

Aug 26, 2019, 12:47 PM

Wow

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Didnt post about your house. Posted about you

Aug 26, 2019, 12:51 PM

Any1 who would leave their wheelburra outside can not be taken seriously.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Yeah he could use those 3 cords of wood on his porch

Aug 26, 2019, 12:54 PM

to build a 3,000 SF shed to store his wheelburra

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I agree.. but I wasn't going to post about another man's wood***

Aug 26, 2019, 1:39 PM

Yes...

Aug 26, 2019, 12:33 PM

You have to call them every year when your promotional price expires and threaten to leave to a new company unless they can give you another promotional rate, otherwise it is really expensive. I had a 2-yr promotion that was ~$60/month and then it went up to $150/month. I just threatened to leave and it dropped down to $70/month for 12 months, which I can live with.

After they set up your service, if you ever need a technician to come to your house they will try to charge you a fee for that. The guy that set mine up didn't install the dish correctly so I had to call to get someone else out to correct it, they tried to charge me $100 for that.

The installer likely will not bury cables for you, they will have someone else come out with a trencher to do that part. I had to keep calling them for 3 months before they finally sent someone out to bury the wires.

If you've ever dealt with AT&T for anything, you already know what to expect from a customer service standpoint.

I will say the actual product is great. I rarely lose signal, even as Hurricane Florence passed through last year I kept my satellite signal. They also have a great on demand selection for shows and movies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Switchin from Ccast to Directv on Wed to get my ACC. Can any

Aug 26, 2019, 12:34 PM

I made the switch from Dish to DirecTV a couple weeks ago. No real complaints at this time, but I have not had to contact customer service for anything :). As with all satellite services, heavy rain will drown out the signal for a few minutes. I do like the wireless DVR/Receiver option with DirecTV. You don't have a coax cable coming out of the wall for the signal so placing a TV anywhere in a room is easier. Maybe I haven't figured it out yet, but the On Demand selection for TV shows that you might have missed appears to be rather limited.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2019, 12:40 PM

Good if it is just cable bad for ACCN if you want to stream apps. Direct TV Now does not carry the ACCN at this time.

Aug 26, 2019, 12:46 PM

I did not like directv. Too slow. Half channels are infomercials

Aug 26, 2019, 1:44 PM

If you have high speed internet (15mbps or faster) I would go streaming WAY before signing up for another dish service. I stopped streaming to go Directv just to get my kids some new iPhones (some package AT&T had). Spent the next 4 mths arguing with their CSRs about the rebate gift card being half the amount promised. Was late paying my bill a few days one month so promo price pulled and put at full price. I've been counting days to get off of this service.

If you have ANY other options, don't go with another 2-year contract service. Stream and you can quit when you want to. If you don't have high speed internet and cannot get it.....sorry.

Thanks for all the input y'all, appreciate it GO TIGERS!***

Aug 27, 2019, 11:58 AM

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic