Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Suspension means nothing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,264

Suspension means nothing

Sep 17, 2014, 8:00 PM

if we don't lead by at least 17+ by half time. Plain and simple, we must take advantage of their Heisman winner being out and put points on the board to give us some cushion. Jameis will come in and do what Jameis does. I think he puts up 2 TD drives together in the second half. But this leads to the pressure being on our offense to give us some breathing room.

With the ACC Championship on the line, I don't trust a 14 point lead with the Heisman winner on the opposing sideline. I'd almost like us to slow the game down and take a page out of Spurrier's philosophy that he abuses every time we play them to take away our offense (the reason why we score 17 every year):"Slow the game down. Keep their offense off the field. Convert on 3rd Down." Limit Winston's possessions and PROTECT our lead. I'm not too worried about our defense, they're a strong group and 7/11 of them started last years game. Our offense is the one with pressure. Whether it's Cole or Deshaun, whoever has the hot hand ride them until they've gone cold then put the other QB in.

Just my opinion. Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this will have a bigger impact, IMO...

Sep 17, 2014, 8:01 PM

I don't think his teammates trust him. I think they are tired of his antics... just like SVP reported earlier that many in Tally were.

He has done nothing to suggest that he isn't going to act like an idiot in the lockerroom between now and Saturday.

I think this will have a bigger impact than just not having to face him in the first half.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Its a distraction for them, you have to question

Sep 17, 2014, 8:04 PM

how their overall focus will be.

I could see them coming out pumped and then having a sloppy game long run, and I could see Winston having a poor second half with a lot of cobwebs in his head.

Have a weird feeling about this one........

I don't buy the "us against the world" mentality on this one

Sep 17, 2014, 8:05 PM

he's an embarrassment, and they will be landblasted for the next 3 days...

It's not like there was some injustice here.

This is a big deal, and I think will cause huge division.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

and it happened at just the right time in the week

Sep 17, 2014, 8:06 PM

just enough time for them to think about it but not enough time for them to reset.

exactly... and just enough time to get discussed over and

Sep 17, 2014, 8:07 PM

over and over and over in the media

Re: I don't buy the "us against the world" mentality on this one

Sep 17, 2014, 8:21 PM [ in reply to I don't buy the "us against the world" mentality on this one ]

Sadly, I really doubt any of their players will see anything at all wrong with what he did. I hope I am totally wrong about that, but I don't see much character at FSU, from the coaches right on down to the water boys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how do you think they will react if he is, for example,

Sep 17, 2014, 8:26 PM

continuing to make jokes about it and not take it seriously...

I can absolutely see him doing that, and some of the other guys being like... "dood, you're an idiot".

Re: this will have a bigger impact, IMO...

Sep 17, 2014, 10:39 PM [ in reply to this will have a bigger impact, IMO... ]

What he did in the student union is a reflection of young persons society today. His suspension will just motivate these kids .

Re: Suspension means nothing

Sep 17, 2014, 8:03 PM

If he has a good second (and his only) half, he will have repented and the media will shower him with greatness. If he falls short, maybe they expose him for the thug he is.

I'm almost sure the media will not shower him with greatness

Sep 17, 2014, 9:10 PM

I think the media is too politically correct to get on the Winston train again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Suspension means nothing

Sep 17, 2014, 8:29 PM

If the backup QB comes out playing good and the rest of the team fired up wanting to prove they can win without JW. This could be a bad thing and they roll.
Lets hope our D can get pressure and stop the run.
If the D steps up there is a good chance the FSU O gets rattled and turns the ball over giving us a big half time lead.

If we can out run them by 17 in the first half we...

Sep 17, 2014, 9:08 PM

should be able to out run them in the game too. With that much of a head start and knowing JW isn't playing on their defense it really should be manageable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,264
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic