Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Surprises on Offense - QB no, RB yes and WR yes..........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Surprises on Offense - QB no, RB yes and WR yes..........

Nov 12, 2017, 9:16 AM

KB has been solid in his week in and week out performances and he is really not a surprise. He is pretty much what we thought he would be - a physical RPO type QB with a competent short passing game and a questionable intermediate to deep passing game. If you have a solid OL and complimentary RBs you can win with that combination and we have, so far. Would be better offensively if he was a more complete passer? Sure, but that's not likely to happen this year and maybe not next year. He is who he is and we can continue to win with him, as long as he doesn't turn the ball over. Trevor Lawrence will come in this December and, if he is truly lights out, then he will play and they will transition the offense to his strengths. If not, KB will be the QB next year and we will continue our offense to complement his strengths. Key is to do what's best for the team - the Fun is in the Winning - no matter who is the QB.

ET is a real surprise - that kid is a nice combo of speed and, not just breakaway speed but point of attack speed (he hits the hole really quick) and power (he can break tackles). He remains me of a young, raw Emmitt Smith. He will continue to improve and may have a chance to be the best RB ever to play at Clemson.

Deon Cain is a surprise but not a positive one. I really thought he would have a chance to have a break out season but that's not happened. Part of could be that KB is just not that type QB in terms of the back shoulder passes and 50/50 balls. That being said, when Cain has opportunities to make special plays, he seldom has and more likely has not made the easy plays. Other than KB not being the style of QB that complements Deon, I don't know what the problem is there? No matter how things turn out, it is quite likely Deon is going to declare for the NFL after the season thus is it time to give Tee Higgins and others more reps? Not saying to give up on Cain, just realize the obvious and prep for the future.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Surprises on Offense - QB no, RB yes and WR yes..........

Nov 12, 2017, 9:20 AM

How bout that nasty spin move by ETN in the hole where he almost scored. This kid is special.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Surprises on Offense - QB no, RB yes and WR yes..........

Nov 12, 2017, 10:10 AM

I saw that and he is one tough RB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic