Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Surprised with all the TNet negativity towards OHst (their Fans, Team, State, etc)..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Surprised with all the TNet negativity towards OHst (their Fans, Team, State, etc)..

Dec 27, 2019, 11:30 PM

Which has been noticed & noted around the country I hear from many sources & their fans too..

Some even coming on here to express their disbelief with some of our posters & fans.

Hey, they have their best & most complete team in many many years and they will take our Tigers down to the wire, I feel.

I’ve admired OHst & it’s unreal football history and It’s neat band, so in 2002 my Son & I decided to forgo seeing our Alma Mater (Clemson) play S.C. @ Death Valley..

And instead drove up to Columbus for big game vs Michigan..and had to pay $750 for 2 tix..but thoroughly enjoyed seeing the huge historical stadium, the two bands, their fans interaction & excitement and a game that had the fabulous Buckeye freshman RB Clarett who scored the winning TD late.

Bucks won in a tight game in crisp 34* weather & later nipped Miami in Orange Bowl for the Natty.

Saying, I normally refrain from dirty & cheap talk against other teams & their fans (do kid some about Coots) since I know how much I care about my Clemson team..and know that opposing fan feels the same about their team..thus I keep it civil.

Go TiGERS..ROCK!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Surprised with all the TNet negativity towards OHst (their Fans, Team, State, etc)..

Dec 27, 2019, 11:34 PM

I think most of it’s sarcasm and a little banter Bill. It kind of just shows you how thin skinned the great coots of the north is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you've been brainwashed from being surrounded by

Dec 27, 2019, 11:42 PM

Don't be getting all buck-eyed on us.

Dec 27, 2019, 11:43 PM

You're better than that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Surprised with all the TNet negativity towards OHst (their Fans, Team, State, etc)..

Dec 27, 2019, 11:45 PM

It’s nothing but peaches and ice cream on their end.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bill. No doubt in my mind that some of this venom

Dec 27, 2019, 11:49 PM

I’ve seen spewed, especially on the Buck boards and national boards, are coot imposters just trying to stir some hate against our brotherhood.

Jealousy is an ugly vice.

Message was edited by: mikeyT®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2019, 11:59 PM

bill,have you followed Maurice clarett's history following his short stay at osu?interesting,and i'll leave it at that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 28, 2019, 2:07 PM

Yes, following his stint in prison he completely turned his life around. He wrote a book advising college kids about the pitfalls he ran into and how to avoid them. He founded a mental health facility that sees kids boost their GPA's significantly, setting them out on a better path in life. The guy learned from everything he did wrong and is out there making the world a better place now.

I could not possibly care less

Dec 28, 2019, 12:25 AM

I know some do but I don’t go to opposing message boards. As usual, I have to think that many OSU posters are really Coots. All that matters is tomorrow at 8:00. We’re either as good as we think or we’re not. Rubber meets the road in 20 hours... nothing before then means squat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2019, 12:27 AM

They are Yankees. As a rule, I just dont like Yankees.

Dec 28, 2019, 8:02 AM

Nope. Midwesterners. Not the same as Yankees. BC and Syracuse, otoh, do come from Yankeeland.

Got lots of Ohio friends. Can't say anything negative about them. But still...

GO TIGERS. BEAT OSU!!

Oh, they are yankees for sure, go spend any time during the

Dec 28, 2019, 8:40 AM

summer at Hilton Head, mannerisms and attitudes are all Yankee. You may find a couple that are ok, but tons of meat-heads and rude spouses.

Dec 28, 2019, 12:34 AM

This man knows how to college football.

As for the content on this board, I appreciate it for it's authenticity. r/cfb is neutered, informative, and frankly more readable. But I come to team sites for exactly this and everything that's been posted here the last three weeks.

Tigernet Football Forum not Gay Tinder, GTFO****

Dec 28, 2019, 3:53 AM

Dec 28, 2019, 12:36 AM

Who cares, we are called fanatics for a reason. Any tOSU fans who cant handle your snark should go take a seat in the Roy Bus.

Sorry, but y'all already are on the ROY bus

Dec 28, 2019, 7:19 AM

You've filled the back rows, in fact.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Surprised?? OK, I'm surprised tnday is Saturday...

Dec 28, 2019, 3:22 AM

Lunch yesterday at Chic Fil A at, was surprised to see a Chic Fil A chicken sandwich on their menu-

Did you just mention the theft of the 2003 Fiesta Bowl again

Dec 28, 2019, 3:25 AM

Miami as "nipping"?

Sorry Bill, you are in the minority here..

Dec 28, 2019, 3:28 AM

most of us are absolutely sick of seeing out of state plates infesting our beautiful state from Ohio/NY/NJ and the pop up cookie cutter neighborhoods they crawl out of it. I really cant wait to see the dumbfounded look on those yanks faces tomorrow evening. Go Tigers. :)

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Re: Sorry Bill, you are in the minority here..

Dec 28, 2019, 8:10 AM

I don't disagree with you in principle, but there's a big difference between midwestern Ohio and Yankee NY/NJ. I've lived in the Midwest (not Ohio), and they're generally compatible with our beautiful Southern Culture. It's the droves from the Northeast that are a problem.

Dec 28, 2019, 3:42 AM

No doubt. Wouldnt be a bit surprised if we lose.

An OS lurker has been on here

Dec 28, 2019, 7:13 AM

pretty much in everyone's face, so what are you talking about. There's plenty of respectful people on here, probably more than the taunters. Chill, it's normal. Spot the ball, let's let the players and coaches decide it.

Re: Bill, I'm going to chalk this up to the Helsinki Effect

Dec 28, 2019, 7:55 AM

since you're surrounded by O310 bucknuts on Hilton Head, I hereby forgive you.

Now, go and sin no more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Dec 28, 2019, 7:56 AM

Try going to the 11 warriors site and compare the negativity and obscenities there. That should make you feel better. I try not to worry about things I can't control, like others behavior.

Dec 28, 2019, 7:56 AM

Those complaining have never had a OSU fan as a neighbor. 'nuff said.

We have been sarcastic and arrogant and talked about them

Dec 28, 2019, 8:04 AM

moving back to Ohio. (Because everyone on this board knows an Ohioan living here who slams the state and the south every chance they get). But some of the vile vitriol coming from their fans on YT and their boards is beyond anything said here.

Now, with that being said, I'm 98% certain that many of the Bucknut posters on THIS board are dirtpecking, flightless birds.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

Re: We have been sarcastic and arrogant and talked about them

Dec 28, 2019, 8:17 AM

That's interesting. My experience has been totally different. Many of the Ohioans I know who still live there wouldn't mind moving here, and the ones already here love living here.

Now I've never had an OSU fan in my face--that might pose a problem.

Re: We have been sarcastic and arrogant and talked about them

Dec 28, 2019, 8:39 AM

I have friends and colleagues from Ohio who are OSU fans. They are cool for the most part, but there is a running inside joke about the South amongst them and they make little comments all the time....as they live HERE. These are nurses.....RNs....so finding a job in any other state is not a problem.....as I remind them on a regular basis.

For the most part, the OSU fans I come into contact with in real life (not the internet boards) are classy fans.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

Dec 28, 2019, 8:42 AM

Not a thing until you make it a thing.

Bill, as old as you are you should have learned by now

Dec 28, 2019, 9:07 AM

that online forums don't really represent the tru fanbase, I mean com on man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, Bill...You know what will happen: a Clemson victory

Dec 28, 2019, 9:31 AM

will insure that our "venom" will be quickly redirected toward our next opponents! That's how it goes...................lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2019, 1:44 PM

agreed... we used to be humble fan base, now we sound like them... and some really ignorant comments on this site. Temple in the Big-10 is the most recent YGBSM comment... and I'm certain you will take crap for even posting this.

Dabo sets the right tone...

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic