Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Both cops charged for shooting Rayshard Brooks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 645

Both cops charged for shooting Rayshard Brooks

Jun 17, 2020, 4:03 PM

The one who shot him is being charged with felony murder, and the other is being charged with aggravated assault.

Really amazing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel like the prosecution will have a hard time

Jun 17, 2020, 4:08 PM

getting a conviction. I don't buy the fraternal order of police's argument that since Brooks was untrained that the taser was suddenly a deadly weapon. Theretofore, if I'm a juror, he's guilty of something.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

App. the Atlanta DA argued that tasers were deadly weapons..

Jun 17, 2020, 4:22 PM

just last week

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: App. the Atlanta DA argued that tasers were deadly weapons..

Jun 17, 2020, 4:26 PM

They are claiming they officers knew the tasers had been fired twice and were no longer operable.

Sure looked like Brooks fired it***

Jun 17, 2020, 4:30 PM

I think that was the second time it was fired...

Jun 17, 2020, 4:31 PM

so it was rendered inoperable after that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good***

Jun 17, 2020, 4:12 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Justice will be served

Jun 17, 2020, 4:18 PM

Because you're posting on the wrong ####### board again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I don't disagree, but is it Politics or Religion either?

Jun 17, 2020, 4:21 PM

Or are we just politicizing it?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It definitely aint #######, #####, bad jokes, or related to

Jun 17, 2020, 4:33 PM

pallets, chicken coops, used truck toolboxes, useless trivia, dogs, or sneks. These are the standard flag bearers for the Lounge.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

These days I don't think there is a right or wrong..........

Jun 17, 2020, 4:44 PM

board to post on. Somethings are more P&R for sure. But it's a fine line.

Like 19B® post earlier I think it fits here. Lungers can have a opinions on current situations other than chicken coops and pallet decks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Both cops charged for shooting Rayshard Brooks

Jun 17, 2020, 4:23 PM

Good NYT Daily podcast episode on this incident this morning. I’m not sure you can get a murder conviction, the cops were attacked and had their taser shot at them. It’s tragic that something so stupid led to his death, but the guy attacked the cops. Could they have let him run away, chased, called for backup, or pick him up later, absolutely. I don’t know how I would react in that situation. The audio is quite stunning though, the two cops were respectful and handling it really well until Brooks took them to the ground resisting arrest.

The argument that really kills me is that he should have just been let off or let him walk home. That sounds just swell for him, but I’ve had two children and several adults die under my hands after being hit by drunk drivers. So no, no leniency for ######## that drive their car after drinking and put other lives at risk.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2nd cop will testify against the shooter.

Jun 17, 2020, 4:25 PM

worked a deal.

They recommended 50K bail for him, with no bail for the other guy.

Apparently not

Jun 17, 2020, 5:52 PM

https://twitter.com/ajccourts/status/1273345188191232002

Good luck to the racist DA with that one.***

Jun 17, 2020, 4:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy?

Jun 17, 2020, 6:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't like your politicians in the ATL do you? *****

Jun 17, 2020, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Good luck to the racist DA with that one.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Both cops charged for shooting Rayshard Brooks

Jun 17, 2020, 7:09 PM

Don’t have to worry about defunding police...they’re going to have to beg someone to take the positions at this rate. Seriously, what incentive is there to be a cop now? You feel universally hated, you may be defunded in some areas, and now you may feel like you can’t protect yourself if you feel your life’s threatened.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 645
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic