Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Supreme Court's decision - CT1988, check out the Alito/Thomas bit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Supreme Court's decision - CT1988, check out the Alito/Thomas bit

Dec 11, 2020, 7:00 PM

TEXAS V. PENNSYLVANIA, ET AL.
The State of Texas’s motion for leave to file a bill of
complaint is denied for lack of standing under Article III of
the Constitution. Texas has not demonstrated a judicially
cognizable interest in the manner in which another State
conducts its elections. All other pending motions are dismissed
as moot.

Statement of Justice Alito, with whom Justice Thomas joins:
In my view, we do not have discretion to deny the filing of a
bill of complaint in a case that falls within our original
jurisdiction. See Arizona v. California, 589 U. S. ___
(Feb. 24, 2020) (Thomas, J., dissenting). I would therefore
grant the motion to file the bill of complaint but would not
grant other relief, and I express no view on any other issue.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: Supreme Court's decision - CT1988, check out the Alito/Thomas bit

Dec 11, 2020, 7:10 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jz1TjCphXE

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a complete rejection. Alito and Thomas are saying

Dec 11, 2020, 7:14 PM

they (Texas) can provide a complaint, but SCOTUS would not grant any other relief, i.e. the remaining four states are dismissed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup. It's a distinction without a difference in this case.***

Dec 11, 2020, 7:19 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Texas got a participation trophy.***

Dec 11, 2020, 7:42 PM [ in reply to This is a complete rejection. Alito and Thomas are saying ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 7:16 PM

But I had buckled up and everything!!!

Can I finally take off this seatbelt?

I would keep that seatbelt on for now.

Dec 11, 2020, 7:20 PM

We still haven't witnessed the Kraken that was promised.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would keep that seatbelt on for now.

Dec 12, 2020, 9:05 AM

Or the walking lion. MemphisCat promised us the lion was about to walk.

Underwhelming. If we can't at least get a kraken, I at least wanted a walking lion.

Glad this happened on a Friday night.

Dec 11, 2020, 7:43 PM

The usual suspects should be drunkenly yelling at clouds soon.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

link to their cite

Dec 11, 2020, 8:13 PM

they don't think their original jurisdiction is discretionary

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/19pdf/150orig_3e04.pdf

Last resort for legal relief failed.

Dec 11, 2020, 8:51 PM

Sucks to be me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So now we get to look forward to the illegal stuff?

Dec 11, 2020, 9:44 PM

Concession on Monday or secession?

Serious question...have you considered...

Dec 12, 2020, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Last resort for legal relief failed. ]

That the claims of wide-spread voter fraud really are baseless?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fraud is not so much a court question as it is

Dec 12, 2020, 9:51 AM

A law enforcement question. It's been over five weeks, and law enforcement has not uncovered anything significant.

None of these court cases are about whether fraud happened. People are looking in the wrong place if they're looking for the courts to decide that. The court cases are about whether these localities conduced their elections properly.

We should be looking to state and federal law enforcement on question about whether there were significant fraudulent votes.

I mean, courts would decide about fraud, but that would be

Dec 12, 2020, 9:53 AM

criminal court, not these lawsuits. Just wanted to clarify.

Simple analogy: if I thought someone broke into my house

Dec 12, 2020, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Fraud is not so much a court question as it is ]

and stole something, I wouldn't call a judge. I would call the police.

Yes.

Dec 12, 2020, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Serious question...have you considered... ]

I did not believe voter fraud occurred until I review a ton of evidence. As time when on detail, witnesses and documents were reveled which evidenced great fraud in several states. Never did I believe it because some talking head on TV claimed it to be true.

I believed it because of the testimonies of hundreds of testimonies by those who submitted written testimony sworn under penalty of perjury charges which could get them a mandatory five years in a jail. If one man lies under such conditions one man goes to jail. When hundreds of people 'lie,' under those conditions a reasonable man begins to consider one of two things.

Either those witnesses are being truthful or there is a grand conspiracy afoot. Why is it that reasonable men here believe there is a grand conspiracy afoot?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes.

Dec 12, 2020, 10:15 AM

Exactly. Trump won. It reminds how we crashed our own planes on 9/11 into the WTC. The evidence is right there. Sadly, only a few of us brilliant people have figured it out.

Why do you find it so impressive that they submitted

Dec 12, 2020, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Yes. ]

Sworn testimony?

They have all been found lacking, right? None were found credible. And yet, none have been hit with that mandatory 5 year sentence.

So maybe they are more hep to the reality that no one ever gets prosecuted for saying that saw something that you can’t prove they didn’t see. They were lying. Not because they were part of a vast and grand conspiracy, because they, like you, are so convinced that Trump should have won that they believe it happened and so feel confident that the stuff they say they saw happened in some form.

Why do you think cops make up and plant evidence on criminals? Because they believe the ends justify the means. Just like all these lying people who will never be prosecuted for perjury.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do you think they have been found lacking?

Dec 12, 2020, 10:59 AM

Have you watched the hearings? I saw them questioned by both pub and dems and while dems disputed their testimonies no evidence was presented which contradicted the witnesses.

I really don't understand why you don't respect sworn affidavits.

Because one after another were debunked and thrown

Dec 12, 2020, 11:06 AM

out because they had no evidence. No one had any actual real concrete evidence, many were disproven. The burden of proof is on those people. Pretty simple. What a joke this whole presidency was, and this last month was a very fitting end. Better luck in 2024.

There's a couple issues with your comments.

Dec 12, 2020, 11:38 AM

The 'debunking,' of these witnesses is simply someone claiming they are false. Being that the witness testimony accompanies affidavits are sworn under penalty of perjury and those 'debunking,' them are just talking heads, media writers, politician and people like you, none of who are under oath, I choose to believe those who swear to what they saw and not those who claim they are lying.

The second issue with your comment is your ignorance that sworn testimony is not evidence. Some of those witnesses swore than they weren't allowed to do their jobs as poll watchers. They have video evidence that pub watchers were removed. One witness sought and procured a court order which ordered the officials at the polling/vote counting to allow him to enter and observe. Yet, those officials continue to keep him out then when they allowed him to enter the building they kept him too far from vote counting to allow him to see how votes were counted.

There is film of ballot being delivered in the middle of the night 2-3AM while polls were suppose to be shut down. During those 'shutdown,' times vote totals skyrocketed giving as much as 500+ thousand votes to Biden and only ~3200 votes for Trump.

I can go on for days with examples of unexplained and unexplainable incidents which are evidence of fraud.

You guys don't see it because it doesn't suit your desires and needs.

If I swear I saw my friend murder someone, they would

Dec 12, 2020, 12:28 PM

require evidence that someone was murdered before charging him. If there’s no dead person, they won’t charge him with murder just because I said it happened. There’s no actual evidence of anything these people are claiming. Better luck in 2024.

These "hearings" orchestrated by Trump's legal / PR arm

Dec 12, 2020, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Why do you think they have been found lacking? ]

are non-binding kangaroo courts for public consumption only. These statements are not being filed with law enforcement nor the courts, thus there is zero threat of legal recourse in sharing lies and conjecture. State lawmakers are not law enforcement. They are law makers. No one is under oath in these public farces. It's the same as if they were sharing this info on Tucker Carlson's entertainment hour.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't believe there's a conspiracy afoot.

Dec 12, 2020, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Yes. ]

Y'all do. We believe that there are crooked, corrupt, bad people who don't like democracy and can't grasp that Trump lost, so they're willing to cheat, lie, and subvert our democracy in any way they can.

Thankfully, our system was too strong for them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

So... is this acceptance?***

Dec 12, 2020, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Last resort for legal relief failed. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

lack of standing under Article III of the Constitution.

Dec 12, 2020, 12:50 AM

Can't be much clearer than that.

Just a lawsuit attacking the fundamentals of our constitution and state sovereignty, no big deal.

Dec 12, 2020, 2:03 AM

That was a given.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic