Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sunday sermon: Marching in the trees
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Sunday sermon: Marching in the trees

Sep 16, 2012, 10:05 AM

As soon as you hear the sound of marching in the tops of the balsam trees, move quickly. The LORD has gone out in front of you to strike the Philistine army."

Sons of Clemson, many times we have marched into the lair of the Seminole and come away empty.

A couple of times, we've come out victorious. More than a couple of times we've staggered out cleanly scalped.

But never ... NEVER ... have we marched in to face an FSU team as afraid of us as this team is.

Why? Because they know we can beat them. In their place. With the eyes of the world on them.

I'll pause a second while you let that sink in ... or while you roll your eyes, check the orange Kool-Ade or do any of those other snide things folks do when their expectations are challenged.

I will tell you this, stone sober on a Sunday morning ... if you expect Clemson to go down to Tally and lose, your expectations will be challenged.

Because Clemson will win.

Not cover the spread. Win.

How can I say that? First off, it's easy to believe in this team ... far easier than a lot of purported Sons of Clemson seem to think. You look at play against Furman and figure that same team will travel to Tally to die in the swamps.

These same folks watched us dance around with Troy and figured we'd die in the mountains of Blacksburg.

If anyone should be worried about dying this weekend, it's the guys who've had all week to ponder what this game means. The same guys who folded like a cheap teepee against Oklahoma under remarkably similar circumstances.

The guys who are going to "Pull an FSU" next weekend.

You know the old saw about the immoveable object and the irresistible force? That's what we're looking at Saturday. FSU's defense is stout, no doubt, and it's fast. It comes hard and heavy.

Obviously our defense is fast, but stout wouldn't be the first word I'd use to praise it. Still, for all the abuse heaped on our D so far this year, I've seen it stiffen when called. And it will be called this weekend.

But on offense: I don't care how fast FSU thinks they are, we're faster. You don't have to move an object if you can get around or behind it.

Still, this game will be won, not on the field, but in the mind. And in the mind, we have a clear advantage.

Why? Because FSU knows that they are just a couple of lousy plays by Clemson ... in Tally ... from being 0-3 against us. They KNOW we've won 5 of the last 7 and they KNOW that they are one bad play, one missed assignment, one errant thought from seeing Sammy or Nuk or Ellington scooting down the sidelines and all their vaunted speed can't help them.

If FSU manages to break a long play ... and frankly, I expect them to have a few ... for a score, so what? Clemson will keep coming back.

An underdog Tiger is a deadly Tiger. An as the game draws nearer, I expect the enormity of the game ... the head games, the press, the "marching in the tops of the balsam trees" ... to weigh upon them.

We have absolutely nothing to lose in this contest. The expectation, the onus, is all on the Noles. The pressure weighs on them, and it's been proven in the past that they cannot bear the weight.

And that weight will snap the Noles at some point Saturday.

You may disagree, which is fine. Gideon went into battle with 300, but they were 300 who believed. If you believe, join us for the battle.

Join us for the victory.

And listen for the sound of marching in the tops of the balsam trees.

It is coming.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for that moment of clarity

Sep 16, 2012, 10:11 AM

Well done sir!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep! I get it....Clemson wins 35 to 17.***

Sep 16, 2012, 10:12 AM

So, do you think we can cover the spread or not?

Sep 16, 2012, 10:12 AM

j/k rev

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All in, amen!***

Sep 16, 2012, 10:13 AM

I BELIEVE!!!***

Sep 16, 2012, 10:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

Thanks Rev! Good sermon.

Sep 16, 2012, 10:24 AM

Love the indian picture from that 70's TV ad. Cool!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You tell it, Rev. Beat the 'Noles!!!

Sep 16, 2012, 10:38 AM

Let's roll!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sunday sermon: Marching in the trees

Sep 16, 2012, 10:39 AM

Lets do it! Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!

Preach On, Rev!!!***

Sep 16, 2012, 10:44 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember what Vince Lombardi said

Sep 16, 2012, 10:52 AM

If you lose, you're out of the family!

;)

Nicely done

Sep 16, 2012, 10:10 PM

But this game will be won not on the field, but in the mind ?

CU has won once in Tally in 22 years. Let that roll around your noggin.

CU may win. You obviously are good enough to win. But it won't be because of some fear our players have of yours.

Re: Nicely done

Sep 16, 2012, 10:32 PM

All right, TellyNole.. you called down the thunder, well now you've got it!

So run, you cur... RUN! Tell all the other curs the law's comin'!

You tell 'em We're coming... and h3ll's coming with Us you hear?...

H3LLS coming with Us!

Message was edited by: mikeyT®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like Josey Wales, tellynole...***

Sep 17, 2012, 11:47 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Naw Tally ... we're in your noggin all right.

Sep 17, 2012, 7:59 AM [ in reply to Nicely done ]

And if y'all beat us, you're on your way to great things.

Just pause and ponder how close Manuel and all the fourth-year starters on this team have come to being winless against Clemson. It's in their heads.

They try to cloak it with the Orange Bowl debacle, but its there.

And it will be interesting to see how it manifests itself.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So let it be written, so let it be done.***

Sep 16, 2012, 10:16 PM

"you don't have to move an object if you can get around or

Sep 16, 2012, 11:06 PM

behind it"...love this. we seem to have some "movers" in AE, Sammy, Nuk, Jaron....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow! Shades of Happycat, circa 2003!!

Sep 17, 2012, 10:28 AM

And we know what happened that game. I am one of the believers! GO TIGERS!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Naw: I think we were 20-point dogs for that game....

Sep 17, 2012, 10:40 AM

...and WE were the ones who lost, not Wake.

This is our chance to lay any linger January ghosts to rest. Being a 2-TD dog is liberating enough.

We can join Stanford in derailing every preseason pundit and creating a new world order....schools that value education as well as athletics rising up to demolish football factories.

Can Everybody Give the REV a BIG AMEN!!

Sep 17, 2012, 10:55 AM

Great Post--REV..Keep de Faith...

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good to see you Mr. POLE...

Sep 17, 2012, 11:03 AM

...hope the peaches fared well this year.

Cute fairy tale. I hope Clemson wins but this game will be

Sep 17, 2012, 11:02 AM

won/lost in the trenches where I'm afraid we may be overmatched.

Both teams have fast, game-breaking skill guys but if Boyd doesn't have time or faces 3rd & longs we're done.

I present the word as it comes to me...

Sep 17, 2012, 11:09 AM

...I cannot do otherwise.

And any Tiger including the word "I'm afraid" in their observation is already lost.

There is no fear, except in the disbeliever.

Fear? Bah! Those who believe don't feel fear, but savor the opportunity before us.

We have the weapons to win.

We have the mindset to win.

There is nothing ahead of us that cannot be conquered with the heart and blood and full-throated passion that beats in the heart of every true Son of Clemson.

This is our game. The fear of failing ... once again ... lies in the hearts of the Seminoles.

Re: I present the word as it comes to me...

Sep 17, 2012, 2:46 PM

I'm a believer Rev. and I am sure we can pull this one out..... but there ain't no Balsams in the Florida Panhandle! A different D will show up saturday. Have you noticed, as the field gets shorter our opponents have more trouble moving the ball? I will concede them a few field goals. Just stop those terrible 'chunk' plays and we will be home free.

NICE!!!!******

Sep 17, 2012, 7:20 PM

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic