Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sunday Sermon: Returning from the wilderness
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,729

Sunday Sermon: Returning from the wilderness

Oct 5, 2014, 8:28 AM

I don't cite Luke very often for my sermons. He's usually pretty dry, and I prefer evisceration and such for my scripture.

But I think the good doctor is perfect for what I think could be a perfect time to be a Son of Clemson ... when the Tigers return from the wilderness:

For those who were sleeping in Sunday School: Jesus was sent into the Wilderness for a period of soul-searching. While there, he was subject to temptation and had to dig deep within himself to fend off the weaknesses of humanity.

Fellow Tigers, the early losses to UGA and FSU spun us out into the wilderness as well. 1-2, people decrying us, raising the old "Clemsoning" banner ... it was tempting to surrender to frustration and doubt. Many did, as befits the human condition.

But a faithful remnant remained true, trusting what was, rather than what appeared to be. We knew the strength, the mettle of our young men and .. while we hurt with them, we never turned away.

Saturday, the Sons of Clemson returned from the wasteland, answering every doubt with rock-solid certainty.

Clemson ... the REAL Clemson, the one that foes in the ACC once whispered about in fear behind closed doors ... has returned.

And God help those in our path.

The first total defensive destruction in years. An offense that moved the ball at ease on both land and air. A knowledge, rather than a hope, what everything was going to work out for the best ... it was all tied up in a nice neat package on Saturday, wrapped in the entrails of of a hopelessly outmatch foe.

And it will not be the last time.

This team has returned from the wilderness, and they've come back hungry. Hungry for the blood of those in our path. Hungry for the respect that others would still try to deny them.

Hungry to prove just how good they can be.

I, for one, look forward to seeing where that hunger takes them. I decline to look back and say "If only, if only..." There's no profit to be taken in reading last month's stock pages. Only frustration.

Instead, I will stand with the Sons of Clemson on the edge of the adventure that lies ahead. I will catch myself looking to the horizon ... and smiling.

Better days ahead, Tigers!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And all Thomas G. Clemson's chilluns say, "Amen"!

Oct 5, 2014, 8:30 AM

Another good one, Rev!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

AMEN***

Oct 5, 2014, 8:31 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Real hungry.... hungry for the blood of

Oct 5, 2014, 8:33 AM

the game chicken.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Real hungry.... hungry for the blood of

Oct 5, 2014, 8:51 AM

You will have to wait until next year for their blood. Their lifes blood ran out of them on the floor of Commonwealth Stadium of the Kentucky WildCats!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sunday Sermon: Returning from the wilderness

Oct 5, 2014, 8:38 AM

Amen Rev but may I ask that that your midweek sermon be titled, "Pride Comes Before The Fall: A story about the dirtpeckers aka Pharisees rise and fall under the false teachings of ole ball sack."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UCS's fall began with that 50-foot false idol...

Oct 5, 2014, 8:45 AM

They slapped on the front of their stadium.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UCS's fall began with that 50-foot false idol...

Oct 5, 2014, 10:23 AM

Correction 87 ft idol

Truth well spoken!***

Oct 5, 2014, 8:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Early Sermons are the Best. Thanks Rev***

Oct 5, 2014, 8:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2014, 8:48 AM

Fire Dabo and assistance!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said

Oct 5, 2014, 9:13 AM

but the TU was for the use of the word "evisceration"

One of my favorite football terms!***

Oct 5, 2014, 10:13 AM

I work in the medical field and have never thought

Oct 5, 2014, 1:10 PM

Of the word outside of a medical connotation, but I will now! Thank you Rev.

Point for the great sermon Rev!***

Oct 5, 2014, 9:47 AM

And God said, "Go Ye and BBQ The Angry Birds.."

Oct 5, 2014, 10:18 AM

-PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

AMEN! I'm with ya, Rev - NO LOOKING BACK!

Oct 5, 2014, 1:03 PM

(Not like Lot's wife! ;)) THANK GOD for the return of the REAL Clemson!! GO TIGERS!!

Oct 5, 2014, 1:14 PM

We'll said Rev, we'll said!

Bump for the nightsiders...***

Oct 5, 2014, 7:35 PM

Just.......

Oct 5, 2014, 7:40 PM

YES!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love your sermons ,keep them coming"thank-you Jesus***

Oct 5, 2014, 7:42 PM

Got chills. Lawd have no mercy is ok to think and do

Oct 5, 2014, 11:16 PM

And oh can we do!

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,729
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic