Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Suggestions for VPN for watching internationally
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Suggestions for VPN for watching internationally

Dec 26, 2019, 10:26 AM

I'm out of the country and need a VPN to watch Saturday. I have had a couple over the last few years that stopped guiding my location well enough after a while. Seemed odd because both worked initially but so be it. Does anyone have experience with a specific VPN for this use?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Suggestions for VPN for watching internationally

Dec 26, 2019, 10:32 AM

You can try Proton VPN free of charge and see how it works for you. I use it on my phone and it serves me well.

https://protonvpn.com/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Dec 26, 2019, 10:34 AM

To clarify, they offer a free plan. It isn't just a free trial.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Dec 26, 2019, 11:15 AM

Thanks. I'll probably try it first then. I need to do a little research first since one response said some VPN's disguise the fact that they are VPN'S and some don't. I'm not sure if maybe that was the problem with at least one of the 2 working initially and not later.

IP Vanish is my go to

Dec 26, 2019, 10:35 AM

I use them all the time. https://www.ipvanish.com/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IP Vanish is my go to

Dec 26, 2019, 11:19 AM

Thanks. I know they get great reviews and I actually had them for a couple of months in the off season but had problems with my provider and never got a chance to see much. I have a new internet provider now, so I think I have that part of the equation solved.

Dec 26, 2019, 10:37 AM

I have hulu and I use ExpressVpn. Which ever you choose make sure it is a tunnel vpn otherwise it will have a tag announcing it is a Vpn.

I record all Clemson games with Hulu but typically watch all games live on USTVNow. It does not need a vpn as it is expressly for expats and military living overseas. If you pay for premium which is $39 a month you get a faster feed and you get DVR time. If you watch a large screen it can be a little blurring some times depending oh how many subscribers are using the same channel. If that occurs watch it on your laptop of tablet and it will always be crystal clear.

By the way do you live in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia? If so, you are welcome to watch it at our house. We live in a compound in Khobar.

Dec 26, 2019, 11:06 AM

Thanks for the info and the offer, but I live in Ecuador / Sandy Springs. My wife and daughter are in Ecuador while I work with paperwork for my wife and so I am back and forth.

Depending on the carrier, you might also consider gps hack

Dec 26, 2019, 10:48 AM

I used to use YouTube TV and tried to watch other market’s NFL games. I thought a VPN would suffice but it turns out the app uses the tablet’s GPS for that feature. I think the Android app is FakeGPS and it worked well (I used ad-supported one).

I also tried to watch the olympics in Mexico and was unable to download the NBC app from the App Store. So, if using apps, keep that in mind.

Good luck!

Dec 26, 2019, 10:58 AM

Sure hope you aren't in the Middle East. All the countries there now block the websites to subscribe to VPN services. In 2015, I had no problem getting a VPN subscription there. Last year...no dice. Fortunately I had my old service on my laptop and was able to sign in on a friends laptop who had a VPN to get to my old site and re-subscribe to my old service.

Censorship is alive and well in some countries.

I use WInscribe for my computer

Dec 26, 2019, 11:18 AM

and pay for unlimited data. I think it's 9.99 a year.

I use Turbo VPN on my phone. It's free

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the best way to watch a game overseas

Dec 26, 2019, 12:20 PM

If they have it in your country:

https://www.espnplayer.com/

Dec 26, 2019, 12:41 PM

sportsurge.net is another option. don't believe you need a vpn for this

Replies: 12