Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Subject change. Cord cutters...how do you stream ESPN?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Subject change. Cord cutters...how do you stream ESPN?

May 17, 2018, 3:22 PM

I have a roku. I have hulu+ netflix and amazon. Currently ESPN has completely changed their streaming app. I am aware of the ESPN+ $5/mo subscription but also have been warned that it has limited content.

Considering:
HULU live TV
Slingbox
Your suggestion

I have to figure this out before the baseball regionals start and certainly before football season.

Help me out, what are you fine folks happy with or what should I avoid?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Subject change. Cord cutters...how do you stream ESPN?

May 17, 2018, 3:26 PM

I have a roku and firebox. I stream ESPN on both of them through Sling for $19.99 a month. Super easy and you get ESPN, 2, and 3, and the ACC Network. HTH

Good luck

May 17, 2018, 3:27 PM

There ate too many options now. .every 1 will have a favorite

With hulu, prime, netflix, and another streaming service, I would think you are getting close to a normal cable bill.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

youtube tv /// $35 a month plus local channels***

May 17, 2018, 3:56 PM

Re: youtube tv /// $35 a month plus local channels***

May 17, 2018, 4:03 PM

Right but you have to pay the ISP and if you want decent streaming tat might cost $60.

I have DirecTV Now which is there online streaming service.

May 17, 2018, 3:57 PM

It comes in over internet and has it's own stand alone app with whatever channels you subscribe too. I barely use the Directv Now app though because I use their log in credentials for ESPN and other assorted channel's apps. I have been able to watch all home and conference games from this baseball season without any difficulty.

May 17, 2018, 4:00 PM

Just talked to a guy that has a firestorm. Pays $20 mo and he literally gets whatever channel you want....ANY channel.... App on firestick is Set TV. Worth a check. It was awesome when he showed me. 3 devices to stream at same time. 3 with same ip address or 2 with same and a mobile device.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2018, 4:14 PM

I get Sling TV when I want to watch football. It doesn’t stream well through my Apple TV device, but does great via a computer. So I just hook up my computer to my TV and it works great.

Streaming is a glorified replay...the streaming will be 45

May 17, 2018, 4:31 PM

to 90 seconds behind the live action. Even a satellite dish broadcast runs about 4 to 8 seconds behind a cable tv broadcast. Streaming is very inferior to getting the signal via antennae or cable tv.
If the only streaming device that you have is a roku, you still have to have a paid subscription to cable or dish to activate streaming.
I've seen the $5 ESPN+ prompt but i've not had to subscribe to ESPN+ to view all of the content yet with my RokuTV or streaming stick.

Re: Streaming is a glorified replay...the streaming will be 45

May 17, 2018, 5:57 PM

>>If the only streaming device that you have is a roku, you still have to have a paid subscription to cable or dish to activate streaming.<<

Nope. I have ROKU and a $35 subscription to DirecTV Now and get ESPN and ESPN2. I do have to access local channels OTA or through USTV Now (free).

Depending on who your cable provider is, there may be an a la carte OTT offer - Spectrum will give you 10 channels for $19.95/mo (includes ESPN and ESPN2) plus tax - total ~$26/mo for 2 years guaranteed. YouTube is likely another good choice.

May 17, 2018, 5:59 PM

Illegally. HTH.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apple TV - At&T uVerse and ESPN app on Apple TV

May 17, 2018, 6:28 PM

No charge.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2018, 8:19 AM

I appreciate all the insight. I have an in attic antenna that gives me free HD locals. I get about 30 channels through it and it's solid. I really wish ESPN would offer full access for a fee. They make all of this to confusing. Tired of playing the game. Every dang year we have to shop and work to get decent TV for a decent price. Anyway, thanks for your suggestions I really appreciate your feedback.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic