Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
News like this makes me so proud to be a Tiger.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

News like this makes me so proud to be a Tiger.

Feb 12, 2020, 9:44 AM

It is so refreshing to have a coaching staff that put out less than half to almost one third the offers that other schools sent out. The result? Most four and five stars never see a Clemson offer but the ones that do are the exact kind of guys Dabo wants. You could ask any of them to represent your program and your school. You'd give the shirt off your back and they'd give you theirs. I love it. Dabo's hit rate isn't quite 100%, which is why we've seen a guy or two dismissed from the team but that typically happens ASAP, like the WR who took a jab at Daniel Rodriguez. He doesn't let them stay and propagate poor culture.

THAT is Clemson. Not everyone has what we have. Head on over to Eleven Warriors and read the comments on the article about the latest two criminals Urban Meyer recruited (one's a senior, the other a RS senior; Ryan Day didn't get them). I hope for their sake that Day can continue the winning culture but without the moral depravity. Their fans are at each other's throats, downvoting each other and even mods into oblivion, divided, mad, demanding answers and information. That's but a glimpse of the price they pay for winning under Meyer.

Dabo has three sons but if he had daughters, I firmly believe he'd encourage them to date people like our football players. Because he knows what kind of men they are; he learns that before giving them an offer. We have players that our coaches cried tears of joy over once they successfully navigated a difficult road to Clemson. That other team has players facing jail time for assaulting someone's daughter. My heart breaks for that girl and I hope justice is done. Win or lose, you will NEVER see me turn away from Coach Swinney and everything he stands for. I wouldn't change a #### thing about how he's running this program. Go Tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: News like this makes me so proud to be a Tiger.

Feb 12, 2020, 10:23 AM

At 9.5 million per year, he should be perfect!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2020, 10:48 AM

No man is perfect except the ONE who died for our sins. That being said, Dabo runs a clean program that invests in the lives of those who are fortunate enough to work with him and be mentored by all around him. Great example of how a man should treat his wife and family also. Considering the lives he impacts I would say his salary is meek compared to his production. Wish we had many more like him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2020, 5:23 AM

Which never happened.

Feb 12, 2020, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Re: News like this makes me so proud to be a Tiger. ]

Underpaid, check the #'s-

Feb 12, 2020, 10:38 AM

Dabo has proven to be a great coach. He's a great recruiter, motivator, and guy who can assemble and maintain a top notch coaching staff. He has instituted a program and approach built to last. But "cries tears of joy" over players graduating? I don't know...a little sappy don't you think?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that's all you got, we'll take it.***

Feb 12, 2020, 10:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If that's all you got, we'll take it.***

Feb 12, 2020, 10:51 AM

All I got? I was quite complementary of Dabo and his success. There's no denying it.

Yes, please see below explanation of this post

Feb 13, 2020, 9:45 PM

That is if your leg jumper mind can comprehend it. And sappy?? 2 rings in 4 years... Maybe your coach/coaches should try that approach since obviously dropping F bombs in the middle of press conferences hasn't gotten you to the top of the mountain.

Ya know, I bet Herschel scores in Death Valley before UGAy wins another Natty. But that's ok, I'm sure you'll be happy hanging the NC banner from this year up in that ####hole you call a stadium. Yeah you know, the one where you let USuC beat you?? I'm sure Kirby was saying "How bout demon ####### Dawgs" that day... Your coach is a joke and so is your program. Get back to me when you don't #### the bed in a big game for 40 years.

Stupid autocorrect***

Feb 13, 2020, 9:46 PM

Feb 12, 2020, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: News like this makes me so proud to be a Tiger. ]

I know it's strange in the SEC to hear of a coach who actually loves his players instead of treating them like dispensable chess pieces for his football games, but Dabo's approach to his players is quite refreshing.

Feb 12, 2020, 10:53 AM

Not sure why you have to drag the SEC in to this but if you say Dabo cries at graduation, who am I to say otherwise?

Feb 12, 2020, 11:13 AM

He treats his players like family. I think he's genuinely overjoyed when they succeed, not just on the football field, but in other areas also. No phony tears here, he loves his guys and wants them to excel.

Feb 12, 2020, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Re: News like this makes me so proud to be a Tiger. ]

You're nobody.

Feb 12, 2020, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: News like this makes me so proud to be a Tiger. ]

The OP said "our coaches". No specific mention of Dabo and no mention at all of graduation. I believe he was referring to Coach Mike Reed.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2020, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: News like this makes me so proud to be a Tiger. ]

What Dabo is - A Great Person. We are so blessed and lucky to have him at Clemson University. He is and will be a Hollywood story. Hope I and still around to watch the movie.

Feb 14, 2020, 5:20 AM

LOL...you can be blessed or lucky but not at the same time.

Ignorance is bliss.

Feb 13, 2020, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: News like this makes me so proud to be a Tiger. ]

I wasn't talking about Dabo, and I wasn't talking about a player graduating. Thanks for those wrong assumptions. I was referring to Coach Mike Reed (CBs; doubt you knew that either) getting emotional when talking about Malcolm Greene's (4* DB) commitment process. Greene's dream was to come to Clemson but we didn't have a spot open. He committed to LSU because time was running out. When a spot finally did open, Coach Reed never hesitated: he immediately told Dabo that Greene was the guy he wanted, because he'd kept in contact with and built a great relationship with him, and knew how great of a person he was. There was some hesitation of course due to his prior commitment, but after an official here he flipped and wound up where he wanted to be from the beginning. And Coach Reed gets emotional talking about that because of how happy he is that he landed Greene, a guy with a tough road here but that embodies everything Clemson stands for.

As for it being sappy? Maybe. Probably. But Coach Reed has two rings in the last four years, while Georgia has none over the last forty. So might I suggest you buy your coaches a box of tissues?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ignorance is bliss.

Feb 13, 2020, 4:27 PM

I wasn't talking about Dabo, and I wasn't talking about a player graduating. Thanks for those wrong assumptions. I was referring to Coach Mike Reed (CBs; doubt you knew that either) getting emotional when talking about Malcolm Greene's (4* DB) commitment process. Greene's dream was to come to Clemson but we didn't have a spot open. He committed to LSU because time was running out. When a spot finally did open, Coach Reed never hesitated: he immediately told Dabo that Greene was the guy he wanted, because he'd kept in contact with and built a great relationship with him, and knew how great of a person he was. There was some hesitation of course due to his prior commitment, but after an official here he flipped and wound up where he wanted to be from the beginning. And Coach Reed gets emotional talking about that because of how happy he is that he landed Greene, a guy with a tough road here but that embodies everything Clemson stands for.

As for it being sappy? Maybe. Probably. But Coach Reed has two rings in the last four years, while Georgia has none over the last forty. So might I suggest you buy your coaches a box of tissues?

Homeslice with the Mic drop...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ignorance is bliss.

Feb 13, 2020, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Ignorance is bliss. ]

Yes, anyone watching the Signing Day coverage saw Coach Reed actually cry on stage talking about recruiting this young man who loves Clemson so much but there wasn't a spot for him. Then, at the last minute it happened!

Feb 13, 2020, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: News like this makes me so proud to be a Tiger. ]

Couldn’t be any more proud that he does so.

POTD!!!!!***

Feb 12, 2020, 3:58 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic