Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stupid Question, but going 4 it anyways.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,995

Stupid Question, but going 4 it anyways.

Oct 5, 2018, 8:40 AM

On the 4th & now 6 play to save our needed drive & assses..why throw such a difficult pass & for freaking 20 yds at that?!?!

Listening while i find a Smart pill in my pill box. ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were hoping the defense wondered the same

Oct 5, 2018, 8:45 AM

Unexpected, making sets and prep in our favor

Message was edited by: TS_Tiger®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stupid Question, but going 4 it anyways.

At least it's better than throwing it 5 yds and being short. Just saying.

He had two options. Higgins or the receiver who ran the short out. Pre-snap he was able to get a good read on their defense and knew if he could look off the safety Tee would be open. He let it go to Tee, who is a big target and beyond the line of gain. The short out receiver was open but may not have been able to make the first down. Just my take on the situation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2018, 8:48 AM

8:45 AM and you’re searching for the little blue pill?

Oct 5, 2018, 8:49 AM

https://i.imgur.com/ayaX3qr.mp4

See Penn St. vs OH31-0 State game last week.

Oct 5, 2018, 9:07 AM

He went with the draw and lost!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sig-1

lightbulb it was a typical over/under route if you notice.

Oct 5, 2018, 9:11 AM

We had a tight end wide open about seven yards in front of the receiver but Chase decided to throw the ball deeper and it worked out. I wondered the same thing but then I watched the play several times after that when I got home and it worked so obviously Chase knew what he was doing.

^^This***

Oct 5, 2018, 9:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Oct 5, 2018, 9:13 AM

would have been better if we needed only one. we often seem to jump early or not block much in those critical short yardage situations and make it tough on ourselves

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2018, 9:18 AM
Capture.JPG(65.4 K)

The corner bit and cheated up on Galloway opening up a window for Higgins. The corner didn't completely get fooled but he did just enough for Chase to thread it. Had the corner stuck with Higgins on that route Chase could have checked down to Galloway for a first.

In the pic below the corner had cheated up on Galloway but then realized his mistake and tried to correct but it was too late.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2018, 9:28 AM

Not a stupid question - just a football question. As was previously said, it was an over/under - very useful when the OLB is blitzing or sitting on the edge.... you're left with a safety likely holding back a bit and playing prevent - and a CB, who now has to cover the WR AND TE for a short while until one or the other goes long and he can turn him over to the safety. So, with both receivers initially leaving the LOS, the CB has to make a decision to favor one or the other receiver or try to remain where he can go either way, as either receiver can go long, out or in. The safety was deep and the CB did not sink (tended to cover the short route possibilities), so Higgins' speed put him well past the CB and Chase was smart to look off the safety, which froze him deep... The end result was a big windo to put the ball. Chase did a great job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2018, 9:28 AM

He had Renfrow over the middle as an option along with Galloway at the sticks. He read Syracuse during the play and made a great throw.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lots of Xs and Os people on here... impressive***

Oct 5, 2018, 9:34 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,995
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic