Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
AZ Cardinals rb coach shows up at Clemson camp.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 3,645

AZ Cardinals rb coach shows up at Clemson camp.

Jun 14, 2016, 9:12 PM

https://twitter.com/ClemsonFB/status/742802148698820608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched Stump Mitchell play RB at The Citadel as a child

Jun 14, 2016, 9:19 PM

he was awesome. Wow, that was a blast from the past. My friend and I (10 years old at the time) would always sit in front of a local newsman, Charlie Hall. He was so cool offering to buy us popcorn and a coke every game if we fetched one for him and his wife. Super great memories!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stump Mitchell was as good as Hershel Walker and George

Jun 14, 2016, 11:26 PM

Rogers, but he played in the SoCon. His NFL career lasted longer than Walker's and

Rogers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stump Mitchell was as good as Hershel Walker and George

Jun 15, 2016, 7:47 AM

yep a very nice player

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stump Mitchell was as good as Hershel Walker and George

Jun 15, 2016, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Stump Mitchell was as good as Hershel Walker and George ]

It's GREAT to see an NFL coach at Clemson running drills but....

Stump as good as Herschel?? C'mon man....

Herschel Walker - Record Setting NCAA RB, 3x consensus All American(1st True Freshman ever to be 1st teamer), Maxwell Award, Walter Camp Award, Chic Harley Award, Sporting News and UPI player of the year, and last but not least Heisman Trophy Winner(finished top 3 in voting all 3 years and is only person to ever do that). 13 Year USFL/NFL Career where he currently ranks 8th all time(2nd at the end of his career) in all purpose yardage in the NFL. If you combine his USFL/NFL total he'd rank 1st.

Stump Mitchell - Holds Citadel record for most yards in season and career, finished 2nd behind George Rogers in rushing yards in 1980 and was named 3rd team all american and SoCon player of the year that year. 9 year NFL career he holds Cardinals franchise record for all purpose yards.

Not sure how he'd be considered as good and his NFL career was not longer than Herschel's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Stump played in the last Citadel game I attended back in

Jun 16, 2016, 12:47 PM [ in reply to I watched Stump Mitchell play RB at The Citadel as a child ]

1980. My Dad would take my buddy and me. He'd sit in the stands with his friends and my buddy and I would play cupball at halftime and enjoy the game. I went to my first Clemson game the next year (81 UGA) and haven't made it back. Good times for a kid though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AZ Cardinals rb coach shows up at Clemson camp.

Jun 14, 2016, 9:44 PM

That's really cool! The kids at camp had to love that!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AZ Cardinals rb coach shows up at Clemson camp.

Jun 15, 2016, 1:21 PM

bump

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 3,645
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic