Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Strength of Schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Strength of Schedule

Sep 24, 2018, 4:19 PM

A little information to think about...
Per ESPN (therefore, take this how you want to), Clemson has a better Remaining Strength of Schedule (Rank 32) compared to the likes of Georgia, Alabama, Auburn and so forth. Although, we might not play the best of teams the rest of the way, we aren't playing the worst of teams either.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Strength of Schedule

Sep 24, 2018, 4:21 PM

Lol now people on here will say ESPN is right but they’re wrong again. Bama still has auburn and LSU. Georgia also has auburn and LSU. We have duke lol and they won’t be ranked long either.

Sep 24, 2018, 4:22 PM

Georgia also plays ranked Kentucky and bama plays ranked miss st. The schedules aren’t even close at all

Sep 24, 2018, 4:24 PM

Tennessee, Vanderbilt and UMass are also on there... bottomfeeders in college football

Sep 24, 2018, 4:26 PM

All those teams would beat wake forest, Louisville, and g tech lol

Sep 24, 2018, 4:28 PM

Not so fast billy boy. Also - nice choice on the avatar, guessing you were a nats fan until mid july when the braves were a solid choice to win the east.

Sep 24, 2018, 4:29 PM

Where did that come from?

Sep 24, 2018, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Strength of Schedule ]

Screw you, coot!

Sep 24, 2018, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Strength of Schedule ]

Ok maybe not umass but Vandy would beat all them lol

Sep 24, 2018, 4:31 PM

Vandy - they just lost at home to sc by 20+

Sep 24, 2018, 7:06 PM

Scar is better than g tech, wf and Louisville lol so what’s your point? Let’s get back to the original statement instead of diving into schedules. Do u honestly think we have a harder remaining schedule than bama and/or Georgia? If u do then I would advise getting a head scan

G.F.Y.***

Sep 24, 2018, 10:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SCAR looks like hot garbage...

Sep 25, 2018, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Strength of Schedule ]

Perhaps a head scan for yourself?

Re: SCAR looks like hot garbage...

Sep 25, 2018, 12:07 PM

Hot garbage vs Georgia>>>>> hot garbage vs old dominion, Virginia, Purdue, Indiana, south Florida? I mean have u not seen the acc play? I list Virginia because Louisville got blown out by them.

Sep 24, 2018, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Strength of Schedule ]

One of many reasons why i dont agree with ESPN a lot of times. They criticize Clemson's schedule for being weak but their own FPI rankings disagree.

I assume ESPN looked at the schedules

Sep 24, 2018, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Strength of Schedule ]

and knew who the remaining teams were on the schedules when they published the remaining strength of schedule stat...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2018, 4:27 PM

You can take that with a grain of salt. This analysis was based off the past four weeks and it's not every year that Syracuse and Duke are 4-0 so a little misleading wouldn't you say?

Double edged sword if you will......Any slip up from here on and there's no one on Cu's schedule to help them recover.

Sep 24, 2018, 4:31 PM

Right, I never said I agree with the rankings, its just something to think about and consider when criticizing Clemson's schedule. Clemson didnt schedule a Liberty, or a UMASS, or the Citadel the 2nd to last game of the season. We at least play an average team (less than average this year) the rest of the way.

Sep 25, 2018, 11:27 AM

Right, I never said I agree with the rankings, its just something to think about and consider when criticizing Clemson's schedule. Clemson didnt schedule a Liberty, or a UMASS, or the Citadel the 2nd to last game of the season. We at least play an average team (less than average this year) the rest of the way.

We as fans aren't happy about playing Umass or Coastal Carolina. Paid big $$$ for my seasons and three of the seven games are almost unwatchable. I just end up eating three games worth of tickets. They're really unsalable. We're all guilty but it also helps small schools survive so there you go.

seems you need to change your user name from

Sep 25, 2018, 11:31 AM

superdawg to fairweatherdawg.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Nobody here cares what you do with your tickets Loser***

Sep 25, 2018, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Strength of Schedule ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2018, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Strength of Schedule ]

That would be grade of slaw. Geez these dawg fans don’t know anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SOC rankings are relative based on current performance...

Sep 24, 2018, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Strength of Schedule ]

not on reputation or historical results.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 24, 2018, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Strength of Schedule ]

Hey Mutt, you better worry about not losing in the regular season yourself. A loss in the regular season and a 2nd loss in the SEC championship and you’re out too.

Sep 24, 2018, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Strength of Schedule ]

So Uga has a stronger schedule? Syracuse would throttle nearly everybody in the SEC east? If Ugay loses one, do they play someone that brings them back?

Message was edited by: Touch_The_Rock79

Sep 24, 2018, 7:44 PM

Remaining schedule yes no doubt about it. LSU and auburn would both beat Syracuse, BC, and Duke by 3 scores. I hate the sec but this year and only this year hopefully, that conference is better than the acc. I don’t care about all the conference crap anyways. The whole acc can lose as long as we make playoffs. I’m only saying our remaining schedule is much easier than georgia and bamas

No point saying it

Sep 24, 2018, 7:50 PM

Nothing we can do about it. We affiliated with these teams to form a league long ago. Up to them to pick it up. We do play two SEC teams as usual, making up half our OOC. We just need to win. Schedule is weak, unlike the last few years. No room for a loss. Everything else is just noise.

Re: No point saying it

Sep 24, 2018, 9:37 PM

I’m only saying it because espn is wrong. Then someone wants to disagree and not even have sense while they do it....I didn’t bring up the SOS topic. Go undefeated and it doesn’t matter. The only reason I commented on this thread is because it was just so wrong it needed to be said lol

Sep 24, 2018, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Strength of Schedule ]

But see this is the problem with u short sighted people. You mention that Syracuse would throttle everybody in the east. Not only is that is a far reach but you don’t even think about who Georgia plays in the SEC West before you post this comment. Think next time js

Throttle?

Sep 24, 2018, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Strength of Schedule ]

Look, I have a REALLY hard time accepting the SEC love-fest, but there's no way I'd take a 'Cuse team that's whipped up on Western Michigan, Wagner, and UConn on their way to a 4-0 record. And FSU...oh....my...lowered....I'm surprised the fire marshal let that flaming wreck on the field, much less enter an inflatable dome.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2018, 8:41 PM

That becomes a double edged sword....while the ESPN FPI shows it that way, teamrankings.com and the S&P FEI ratings don't:
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/future-sos-by-other
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fei

Doesn't matter***

Sep 25, 2018, 11:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 25, 2018, 12:12 PM

Espn does not let truth, metrics, or logic get ahead of their rating-hype train. Just scream louder and talk about human interest stories over the game and the money keeps coming in.

Our SOS is down due to our Atlantic friends finding the rock bottom and then falling through the floor and because of our Coastal crossovers being bad (GT) and Duke. Nothing we can do about it. Folks thought FSU/Louisville were going to be great last year (initially) and Auburn wasn't. VT has lost to a FCS team and still won the ACC. Things do change. Just play the game up next. No team will *make* you season (unless you attend home games in Columbia) but any team can end your season.

If NC State beats BC, then they will be ranked when we play them. That is likely our toughest game and would be a good trap. Duke, Cuse, and NC State are the only undefeated ACC teams left and we play them all. Kinda scary but other than Cuse, I would bet that NCState and Duke come limping into Death Valley anyways

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic