Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stock tip of the day: NVIDIA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Stock tip of the day: NVIDIA

Sep 1, 2020, 11:31 AM

Up 246% the past year. They have the leading chip technology for self driving cars. The cost of R&D for this technology is so expensive there is a significant barrier to entry for competition.

Nvidia is a leading designer of graphics processing units that enhance the experience on computing platforms. The firm's chips are used in a variety of end markets, including high-end PCs for gaming, data centers, and automotive infotainment systems. In recent years, the firm has broadened its focus from traditional PC graphics applications such as gaming to more complex and favorable opportunities, including artificial intelligence and autonomous driving, which leverage the high-performance capabilities of the firm's graphics processing units

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tip of the day: DADV

Sep 1, 2020, 11:38 AM

tough to get the positioning correctly. Also, 8 balls

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tip is 1 year too late

Sep 1, 2020, 12:04 PM

??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has plenty of growth potential as more cars are made self driving.***

Sep 1, 2020, 12:35 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That seems to have kind of backed off.

Sep 1, 2020, 12:38 PM

I doubt we're 10 years from a self driving car. Maybe 20? There isn't enough surrounding infrastructure to support them. And not everyone will want them. Generations of people will have to die off before everyone wants, or trusts them.

I think the long play by auto manufacturers are to provide transportation as a SaaS model..a never ending revenue stream. Don't want to pay every month? Then you don't want to ride every month.

Self driving cars will just be a service...like electrical, water and sewer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want one, if they're safe - I don't mind driving somewhere

Sep 1, 2020, 1:32 PM

but I'd love to take a nap on the way back...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You won't know if they're safe..until they aren't.

Sep 1, 2020, 1:45 PM

The AI I see everyday is honestly pretty simple; it recognizes patterns, then uses programmed decisions to react to those patterns. How many patterns do you see in traffic everyday?

We're a long way from realistic driverless cars.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

to take it up a level

Sep 1, 2020, 12:43 PM

their chips are extremely favorable for any AI application in general (such as, to your point, self driving cars)

bought some a couple of years ago...obviously not enough, like always

Re: Stock tip of the day: NVIDIA

Sep 1, 2020, 1:18 PM

Another stock tip, Tesla is up 63% this month.

Re: Stock tip of the day: NVIDIA

Sep 1, 2020, 3:12 PM

Too late to jump on that train. Anyone jumping in now, focus on stocks that were hit especially hard by Covid that will recover once we are in the clear. Trying to catch those that are already well on their way is likely a losing strategy.

Some examples, I have already almost doubled my money on NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line) which is currently hovering in the $15-$17 range but that is $30 lower than its pre covid levels so there is a lot of room to recover. Carnival (CCL) is another one. Darden Restaurants (DRI) has done me well but may be too late to jump in now. If it pulls back a good 5-10% maybe then.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic