Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Still feels like when we played Louisville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,011

Still feels like when we played Louisville

Oct 8, 2020, 4:44 PM

Mobile, solid QB. Lamar Jackson was one of the best, we will see where King is, but he is still obviously a huge threat.

At least one of those years, Louisville had a ton of UGA's convicts. I mean transfers. Again, a legitimate threat as they have some real talent.

Should be a good one!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Still feels like when we played Louisville

Oct 8, 2020, 4:50 PM

Lamar was operating on a different planet at that time. For the first 11 or so game, he was the best player. Really, up until about 10 minutes left in that game, he was the best QB in the country. Heck nearly beat us as well. Then Watson hit "championship mode".

Oct 8, 2020, 5:26 PM

That's why I've never honestly had as much of an issue with Jackson winning the Heisman that year as many others. I love Watson, and I think he was the best QB for us, and I'd actually say Watson was better for the roster we had put together, and a better QB to go up against Bama.

However, Jackson was special that season up until the last couple of games really. People point out that Watson bead him head to head which is true. I think you have to look at more than that though. I think most of us would agree that the defense Jackson went against that night was much more difficult than the one Watson went against. I think most of us would also agree that the offensive weapons that Watson had to work with were much better than what Jackson had. On top of all of that we were playing at home in a primetime matchup. Even with all that being true Jackson came within 3 yards of pulling off the win that night.

Oct 8, 2020, 5:18 PM

I'm not saying the Miami game will be easy, and I get the points you're making, but I don't think this Miami through their first 3 games compares to that Louisville team through their first 4 games before playing us that season.

Miami is dominated a bad FSU team, but their games against UAB and Louisville were actually pretty competitive. Miami was up 14-7 at halftime against UAB, and the game was 17-14 with just over 4 minutes left in the 3rd. They weren't ever really in danger of losing against Louisville, but they won the game by 13, and the deficit was pretty much around that mark for most of the game.

Louisville was playing on another level through their first 4 games of 2016 scoring 70, 62, 63, and 59 in their first 4 games winning by an average of 41 points per game. FSU was overrated that season, but was ranked at #2 going into the game with Louisville that season. Louisville beat them 63-20 and actually led that game 63-10 before FSU added 10 points in garbage time.

Miami looks to be well improved, and their offense looks legit. However, people were thinking the Louisville offense was literally unstoppable going into the game against us that season.

Oct 8, 2020, 5:51 PM

I agree , to me thus game is goin two ways depending on what Elliot wants to show... I see UM being very hype and they have had two weeks to prepare and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s close through three maybe and we win by 14-17... but I also think it’s a game than can quickly get out of hand for then if we actually open up the offense and play defense that we all know we are capable of ... I know ppl were frustrated last weekend but literally we have those games every year and if that happens and we still win by 17 just be happy about it , it’s not realistic to dominate and play perfect all year especially breaking new pieces in on defense like we are... I think we open it up and may be close at half but we win like a 45-20 type game

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,011
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic