Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
StiLL po'd how DaBO handled Swag..did Kelly call him a Morman, cuss or something?!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

StiLL po'd how DaBO handled Swag..did Kelly call him a Morman, cuss or something?!

Nov 16, 2014, 12:07 PM

Saying....DaBO & Morris both recruited, wined & dined his NFL HOF Uncle Jim..AND knew CKelly had prior emotional-behavior problems which resulted in his having to attend two high schools due to this..and had to hear that "Swag" was sending electronic messages every hour telling Cole to be prepared to be beaten out..but also how much he loved & wanted Clemson to be #1 with him as QB.

Yes, Kelly was a bundle of emotions..but the kid was pretty dang good running & passing..and most of all he had heart, spunk, will & motor (not only mouth) to get it done imo.

But..after the bad news he received days after the Spring practice (that he would be 3rd string with Cole being 1st)..all h*ll broke out.

This was A classic time that a man of DaBO's faith should or could have realized the full impact of what went down with an achiever & talent in Kelly...and offered a better outcome (medical or spiritul advice..since I think he has ADHD symptoms and as such could have been placed on Ritalin for behavior control).

A Father (DaBO) doesn't DIS-OWN a child they love and/or care about (Kelly)..thus they offer a better fate short & long term than being throw out of the house forever. Hey, even Spurrior went 3 years or so (with his wife as handler & baby-sitter) to keep a really good QB (Garcia) in the fold.

My opin is DaBO is: (1). lost his cool when Kelly (may have) yelled some garbage..knowing he had Cole starting due to being a senior and the loyalty thing (with MaMa & Dad Stoudt set up nearby for years in residency so to help Cole & give him encouragement as well as to promote their Son)..and

(2). DaBO knew 5* Watson was available if needed (but wanted to RS him if possible imo).

I say DaBO missed the boat on this situation..and I believe 110% (now & then) that Chad Kelly WAS a better overall QB than Cole Stoudt..in passing, running, heart, in true grit, having the fire in his eyes, love of football and desire & ability to win.

He's proving this today..at a lower level of FB competition..and I fear he will end up across from our Clemson Tiger Team one day..and bomb the hades out of us..not so much as in spite but out of a pure talent aspect and that inward desire & ability to WiN!!

Heck, having Kelly might have given us more of a chance to have beaten UGa OR FSU..and kept Watson as a RS so to beef up and not be hurt so much. It's water over the ### and NO ONE can say what might/could have been.

In closing I know many of you will flame this post..particularly the part that DaBO shouldn't have taken any cra*p or cussing or yelling or demands from Kelly...AND I agree to an extent..but this where a "mature", reasonable & "religious" HC may have taken a better option than...go, pack your bags & leave your scholie at the door & never come back!

I really like, respect & enjoy seeing DaBO suceed in his hectic & difficult job/career at my beloved Alma Mater..but I "feel" he MAY have lost it on this call (I don't know that since I don't know all that went on & Nothing that was verbally said)..and Might have made another call (to have Kelly go home, sit, talk to his ill Uncle, etc).

Do you "Know" what Kelly said to DaBO?

Also, I am still puzzled about DaBO's saying from the start that Stoudt was the best chance to beat UGa & FSU..when that wasn't the case in hindsight. I propose that DaBO is still a young & still a maturing young man who is human and may regret some choices he's made about this matter..and that's life and move on..and use this for later experiences.

GoTiGERS...keep fighting Team!

PS: Typing this on teeney Blackberry (have new Apple 6+ in box ready for set uP) so give me about 8' of slack in your nooseman's rOPE!

Cheers, "The FLAGman" 1977-92

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People seem to FORGET, Chad was also involved

Nov 16, 2014, 12:09 PM

in an incident with Ali Rogers the week of his dismissal. Continuing to whine about him makes you look no better than an FSU fan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ali is no doubt a dime piece, but hopefully he was dimissed

Nov 16, 2014, 12:16 PM

for a much bigger reason than an argument and a tiny little bump to the car of a recent grad.

I'm assuming, and hopeful, that Dabo had no choice but to dismiss him.

Re: Ali is no doubt a dime piece, but hopefully he was dimissed

Nov 16, 2014, 12:22 PM

Ali is a fine piece on a campus where there's a dime a dozen. Nothing special really. Pretty but quite common. Got to love Clemson when she's just an average looker.

Most wouldn't have called the coach like she did BC it was a small incident. But if what she says he said is true, he got what he deserved. Guess Kelly didn't know she was "connected" in a way.

Nov 16, 2014, 12:25 PM

Chad Kelly threatened her physically (including death threats) because he didn't want her to tell anyone about it. What would you have done?

Nov 16, 2014, 12:27 PM

That's not accurate. He said stupid stuff but in no way do I believe he gave death threats. It was bad enough what he actually did do. No need to oversell it.

Nov 16, 2014, 12:30 PM

Trust me, it's not an oversell.

Nov 16, 2014, 12:32 PM

Yeah, there was a lot more said than most of us know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Ali is no doubt a dime piece, but hopefully he was dimissed ]

> That's not accurate. He said stupid stuff but in no
> way do I believe he gave death threats. It was bad
> enough what he actually did do. No need to oversell
> it.
Correct. Chad had multiple strikes, including getting hostile when informed of the staffs decision.to name Cole. He took a swing at Dabo and had to be physically removed from the WEZ. I don't agree with a lot of what Dabo does, but he had no choice but to remove CK from the program.

WhOo...Kelly threw punch @ DaBO?! News to moi...

Nov 16, 2014, 12:37 PM

So tell me more!

Oh, I've not purchased an Apple laptop (even though my 2007 Toshiba lap went down 3 months agO)...But an APple 6+ Cell phone.

StiLL..I will be h*eLL on wheels! LOL.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2014, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Ali is no doubt a dime piece, but hopefully he was dimissed ]

What has Dabo done that you don't agree with?

We have serious issues if we are making decisions on players

Nov 16, 2014, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Ali is no doubt a dime piece, but hopefully he was dimissed ]

based off of when a life long pampered girl, in Ali Rogers, makes public a minor incident that in the scheme of things was no big deal. We have serious issues if we are making decisions on the football program based off of a beauty queen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have serious issues if we are making decisions on players

Nov 16, 2014, 12:33 PM

I don't think Dabo made a decision based only on Ali Rogers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 12:35 PM [ in reply to We have serious issues if we are making decisions on players ]

Ignorant statement there. So just ignore all his threats towards her because she's a pageant winner? You're a complete idiot.

Dec 22, 2014, 7:56 AM

Agree 100%.

I 'll take a third on the nird...***

Dec 22, 2014, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: We have serious issues if we are making decisions on players ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigerking in all honesty would it be "minor" if it was your daughter?***

Dec 21, 2014, 10:56 PM [ in reply to We have serious issues if we are making decisions on players ]

OK, Ok, ok..Kelly is a bad dude & DaBO a smart HC....

Dec 21, 2014, 11:02 PM

Except to stArt Cole over DW! LOL.

GoTiGERS..forget "SwaG" existed If you haven't..and Boom the Sooners!

I actually happen to know the Deans personally, as we are

Dec 21, 2014, 11:11 PM [ in reply to We have serious issues if we are making decisions on players ]

from the same home town, and their family is far from privileged but are great, down to earth folks. You clearly have never met Ali or the rest of her family if you believe this is the case. Perhaps you should get to know people before persecuting them for things of which you know nothing.

I agree, Unless the Guy did Crimes or something ....

Nov 16, 2014, 12:12 PM

Should be hard to get kicked off ... LOTS of TOP athletes have bigs ego's, cocky whatever ... now I hear Kelly is going to VaTech ... this could be ironic ....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thx a lot "MRT whatever"..wish now I had a winning team like FSU!

Nov 16, 2014, 12:19 PM

But I've a loyal CLEMSON Man for 57 long years, graduating, supportive, on the road warrior, sent Son to CU type..but have right to express myself...I think!

This, by the way, is the number one difference between those

Nov 16, 2014, 12:42 PM

who are alumni, and those who are bumper-sticker fans. Like you, I'm an alumnus. I don't give a #### what bowl we go to or our record, as long as we run a clean program, graduate the athletes with real degrees, and don't have a coach like Jimbo Fischer embarrassing us every day.

Re: I agree, Unless the Guy did Crimes or something ....

Dec 21, 2014, 11:21 PM [ in reply to I agree, Unless the Guy did Crimes or something .... ]

Whenever one thinks they are special, deserves special treatment, and can say and do whatever, I classify them ad Clowney, Kelly was a punk a wanna be, yes he was talented, very talented, but once you think you are more than the program you aren't anything in the program. I for one am glad he is gone and how he had grown up in life

I don't know exactly what Swag said or did, but we do know

Nov 16, 2014, 12:17 PM

for a fact that he had a big mouth and a bad attitude. We alson know that Dabo has been fairly lenient in the past as far as trying to give "problem" players multiple chances. That, combined with the fact that Swag was hand-picked and wined and dined, I have to believe that Dabo didn't want to cut him loose and only did what he had to do when he gave Swag the boot.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I don't know exactly what Swag said or did, but we do know

I have no faith that Dabo's ego wasn't the #1 driver of this decision.

I don't know what happened either but I think he got his feelings hurt and seriously overreacted. This is all speculation on my part obviously, but I don't feel that big-time college football programs give players the boot for having "bad attitudes."

That seems incredibly Bush League to me. If everyone's happy trading depth and recruiting man power for some sort of arbitrary moral high ground (where we only get 1 side of the story), then by all means do so.

I'd be interested in knowing the correlation between the people okay with the decision to kick Kelly off the team and the people who never liked his "thuggish ways" from the beginning....

Whatever your thoughts are on Kelly (I happened to think he was a punk myself), there's no question we're paying for it at this point. Do the coaches think that Chad Kelly would lose the locker room more so than Cole has at this point?

Didn't the police have to come get Kelly out

Nov 16, 2014, 12:29 PM

of the west end zone? Didn't he have some run-ins with Ali? Did we not see Swag pouting and yelling at Dabo?

Come on, now. I'm going to side with Dabo every time when I see a player visibly being an entitled little brat. I'm glad he's gone.

Re: Didn't the police have to come get Kelly out

Nov 16, 2014, 12:32 PM

I've never been partial to Kelly at all, but based on comments like "Cole gives us the best chance to win", I'm going to have to take Dabo's side of the story with a grade of slaw from now on. If Dabo was the one who had the cops called, that would have been self-fulfilling wouldn't it?

Kelly was probably a spoiled brat. No one's arguing that. But to big time football programs kick people out who can help their team win games for having bad attitudes? Even if supposed bad attitude is exceedingly popular with the players?

You may very well be of that opinion. I'm just contending that it could probably cost us another ballgame or 2 this year and that we're having to live with a decision that may have been a heat in the moment/Dabo's ego kind of thing.

Hey ibwg - you still defending your typing diarrhea ? ? ?

Dec 22, 2014, 7:02 AM

Pretty safe to say swag woulda been more divisive in the locker room than Cole, in my opinion.

Kid appears to be a flat out punk - NOT a leader of young men.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

A player with that kind of ego could be detrimental to the

Dec 22, 2014, 7:27 AM

team. I can see him lashing out at receivers that drop passes. I hated to see it come to him being dismissed from the team, but I trust Dabo on those decisions.

Re: A player with that kind of ego could be detrimental to the

Dec 22, 2014, 11:21 AM

> team. I can see him lashing out at receivers that
> drop passes.

This was obvious the day he announced he'd be coming to Clemson. Doesn't everyone recall all the $hit talk he was aiming straight at the Clemson players?....talking about watch out cause he's coming down to take over their jobs, etc. No quality leader behaves like that. Hell he even pissed off the majority of us prior to even arriving at Clemson.

His nickname should have been "$hit-for-brains"

Re: Didn't the police have to come get Kelly out

Dec 22, 2014, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Didn't the police have to come get Kelly out ]

How did kicking his sorry A$$ off the team cost us a ball game???

Nov 16, 2014, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't know exactly what Swag said or did, but we do know ]

You have no idea and are only spewing conjecture and hyperbole.

People and their egocentric worlds still amaze me.

How can you state that you were not there and do not know but still proclaim and profess with such stout righteousness? It is the essence of hypocrisy.

Nov 16, 2014, 2:09 PM [ in reply to I don't know exactly what Swag said or did, but we do know ]

However it happened he would be starting now.

Re: StiLL po'd how DaBO handled Swag..did Kelly call him a Morman, cuss or something?!

Nov 16, 2014, 12:18 PM

I agree to some of this but we were not in the office when all this went down. Cole won the job in the spring game but Chad would have won it back. If Dabo would have taken the lip from Kelly that would have made us no better than the coots. The program would have been destroyed from within.

well, we're fixin to lose to the coots 6th time in a row

Nov 16, 2014, 12:34 PM

But it's a good thing we supposedly have better moral values than they do.

There is no way Cole is or was ever better than Swag. No possible way in hades that Swag is that bad.

It doesn't matter anymore. We are an awful team. Let's go to the belk Gift Card toilet bowl and reset for next year.

What a waste of an awesome defense. Absolute waste.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: well, we're fixin to lose to the coots 6th time in a row

Nov 16, 2014, 2:06 PM

Agree. We never have all the right pieces at the same time.

Howd this post work out for you chinnerballs?

Dec 21, 2014, 11:08 PM [ in reply to well, we're fixin to lose to the coots 6th time in a row ]

Pretty stupid now aint it? Lol 35-17 6-6 steveport dumpster fire recruits free falling

Determining punishment based upon talent and need is not

Nov 16, 2014, 12:18 PM

the way to go. That sounds exactly like what Jimbo Fisher has done with Winston and I would prefer that Dabo not go that route.

Surprised you would suggest it, but I understand yesterday was and still is a painful loss.

Bill, your ignorance on the Kelly situation is painful.

You have no idea what you are talking about, and it is clear you are evaluating Chad Kelly only on his ability to play football. Meanwhile, Chad Kelly did everything he could to get kicked off the team, and frankly I'm surprised it took Dabo so long.

You're getting an Apple laptop?

Nov 16, 2014, 12:30 PM

God help us all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, Kelly making an area of himself and throwing a tantrum

Nov 16, 2014, 12:31 PM

national TV during the spring game was symptomatic of his 2 1/2 years here. He was immature before he got here calling out Stoudt on twitter and making his idiotic swag rap video and grew up not one bit. Yet you put that on the coaches?

I think I can add to this without the name calling and

Nov 16, 2014, 12:34 PM

condescension.

Here is how I remember the unraveling of Kelly:
> He really got into a pi**ing match with more than one coach in the spring game after he wasn't allowed to go for it on 4th. Note - spring game. Not FSU, UGA, SCar, etc. Profanity was used. In front of all team mates to see.

> He was spoken to briefly that day.

> He was called into Swinney's office Monday (Sunday?) and given a chance to show some remorse and redeem himself. He didn't. The implication is that he continued to argue with coaches about their decisions, etc. Could his immature profanity laced tirade continued? Perhaps.

> He was released.

More importantly, I always "assumed" he had a history of problems tied to his immaturity and that was a big factor in his not getting the starting slot. Add the additional incidence with Ali just before the implosion, and I am 100% behind the coaches that he was probably a ticking time bomb of a virus and needed to be removed to prevent further infection, to use some analogies.

well get over it, he's gone and isn't coming back. we need

Nov 16, 2014, 12:48 PM

to focus on the game at hand.

Did you mention ck was coming off acl surgery?

Nov 16, 2014, 1:19 PM

It's important.

Yep...Kelly made a great move in '13 Spring game & ripped leg

Nov 16, 2014, 1:26 PM

Trying to evade a Defender. The dude was a competitor with good & bad "attitude". Wish he'd made it mouth-wise since our season would be totally better imho.

GoTiGERS....keep fighting!

OH "919Tiger"...I don't drink much..like Dean Martin which was a joke overall.

Nov 16, 2014, 1:28 PM

GoTiGERS!

Re: Yep...Kelly made a great move in '13 Spring game & ripped leg

Dec 22, 2014, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Yep...Kelly made a great move in '13 Spring game & ripped leg ]

Lightbulb you to old to have a man crush on a 20 yr old ???

Re: StiLL po'd how DaBO handled Swag..did Kelly call him a Morman, cuss or something?!

Nov 16, 2014, 1:23 PM

Go pull for FSU

Nov 16, 2014, 1:26 PM

You sound like an old drunk Bill. I respected your opinion before this.

Still Po'd? Dabo missed the boat huh?

Dec 21, 2014, 10:10 PM

Funny when long rants come back to bite people

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang Lightbulb this is the most nefative 2nd guessing post ive ever seen from you

Dec 21, 2014, 10:47 PM

I think Dabo makes decisions based on principles, not personalities. While I disagree with Dabo on starting Stoudt over Watson, I can understand why he did. I also believe if he dismisses a player there is definitely solid basis behind it and more to it than what we heard. I believe the lack of details is his way of protecting Kelly from a piling on effect which says much about Dabos character.

Dec 21, 2014, 10:55 PM

Wow that was long Bill!

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

You're POing me now

Dec 22, 2014, 7:12 AM

You have some major issues with trust. He knows a lot more than you, was in the situation and you were not, and he made the call that was best for the program. Only the guy managing the business can make the call about what's best for his business, which goes for about anything.

Re: You're POing me now

Dec 22, 2014, 7:44 AM

You all may want to google Chad Kelly arrested for fighting in buffalo bar and threatening people with AK47 assault rifle. Dude has problems. You all are overstating his football abilit as he never showed it at Clemson. Think the VA game looked terrible other than running.

Dec 22, 2014, 9:39 AM

Just wow. This must be the zone for all the idiots to post on the Chad Kelly situation. No more proof needed that Swag was a cancer on the program just like Famous Crablegs than the situation this weekend. But some gotta defend him and whine about Coach.

Gonna have to make a list. Go thru this post and list off the defenders of Kelly that should be pulling for FSU. You fit in with their fan base better. Unbelievable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

THE ORIGINAL POST IS FROM MID-NOVEMBER.

Dec 22, 2014, 9:42 AM

Most of us disagreed with it then and even more do now. I just think people need to understand that Bill isn't ranting about this a day after the multiple charges Chad Kelly got this weekend.

null

Re: THE ORIGINAL POST IS FROM MID-NOVEMBER.

Dec 22, 2014, 11:14 AM

That's what I get for trying to read the bored while still recovering from eye surgery. Thanks.

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Ill have to admit I missed the date of biils original post.

Dec 22, 2014, 11:30 AM [ in reply to THE ORIGINAL POST IS FROM MID-NOVEMBER. ]

Wouldve understood it more if I hadnt

Bill it's time to layoff the liquor***

Dec 22, 2014, 11:58 AM

Lol Bill the dim lightbulb.

Dec 22, 2014, 2:16 PM

:)

Replies: 59
| visibility 1