Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
State of SC recruits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,250

State of SC recruits

Dec 16, 2020, 11:08 AM

Has the state just stopped producing top D1 recruits, or is that my imagination?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.***

Dec 16, 2020, 11:09 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

one of those sentences are correct***

Dec 16, 2020, 11:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: State of SC recruits

Dec 16, 2020, 11:10 AM

There is a slight uptick in talent (nothing like the state used to have) for the '22 cycle but the last couple of years have been some of the worst in recent memory in terms of in-state talent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So coots are screwed

Dec 16, 2020, 11:12 AM

Can’t get NC players, and no SC talent. Adds to their pain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2020, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: State of SC recruits ]

It's so strange that it's fallen off so dramatically. Part of it has to be the decline of upper state football. Back in the 2000s, Byrnes, Gaffney, Greenwood, and Dorman just dominated the state and produced tons of talent. But it seems they all declined dramatically because of coaching and just don't have the talent they once had. I mean, TL Hanna has been a punching bag for time immemorial for those schools and now dominates the upper state and I had never heard of Dutch Fork until about 5 years ago because they were never relevant.

Dec 16, 2020, 11:25 AM

Upper state football dominates the state.

There used to be a decent balance between upper and lower state but one of the major changes in what the state produces is that the low country is currently not helping AT ALL!

Changing from one high school to another being the best program isn't an indication of a drop in talent but merely that it's located in another area.

It's very likely that with a growing population around some of those traditional schools that more schools have been built and the talent is being spread around.

Dutch Fork isn't dominating because their district is loaded with talent. Rather they are dominating because they got their program rolling and kids are flocking to the school to join in.

A major reason for the decline in talent is the removal of the "8 quarter rule" that allowed younger players to be JV starters and come up as varsity backups the next night.

Now a player can only dress for one game per week and because the varsity teams needs available backups, kids are having to sit on the sidelines for an entire season without getting the extra year of JV games to develop as a player.

if we did have any they'd probably transfer to IMG in FL***

Dec 16, 2020, 11:13 AM

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,250
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic