Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
State Fan with a Question.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

State Fan with a Question.

Oct 18, 2018, 4:48 PM

I routinely go to the Sports Forums of all the teams NC State plays in football to see what the opponent's fans think about the upcoming game. I must say that you guys are by far the most active board I've been on. That speaks well to how good the fan support is at Clemson for Football. My question is regarding the trash talk of NC State which is to be expected and the hatred for Doeren. Is this normal for all the teams that Clemson plays or is this because Clemson sees State as a threat? Or maybe because Clemson fans hate DD because of comments? I seriously doubt most Clemson fans see State as a threat to win the game, but maybe it's like stepping on a pesky gnat. Anyway....I've enjoyed reading the posts. I wish the State board was this active.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: State Fan with a Question.

Oct 18, 2018, 4:49 PM

No Paul Jonson is a distant second. Doern is just a prick.That is all.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2018, 4:50 PM

Also no we don't view you as a threat. We just don't like your coach.

Oct 18, 2018, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: State Fan with a Question. ]

Don't forget Petrino. Those are the top three a$$hats in the ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2018, 4:52 PM

Petrino is just an idiot. No coach in the ACC annoys me like ######## Doern

Oct 18, 2018, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: State Fan with a Question. ]

We uniquely can’t stand DD bc he’s adick hope that helps***

Oct 18, 2018, 4:50 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Basically what he said

Oct 18, 2018, 4:52 PM

He is a whiner and complainer

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2018, 4:53 PM

No we don’t think all our competitors coaches are aholes. Just Doreon and Patrino. Those are the two that consistently get ripped because they can’t control their mouths or their coaches. Remember when a state assistant pushed D Watson after going out of bounds.
You have to admit that is pretty low class. My business partner is a big state fan and he even admits doreon is a poor loser.

Message was edited by: baker5801®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2018, 12:33 AM

And Muskoot. Even though he is not ACC you can't leave that nut job out.

Oct 18, 2018, 4:54 PM

I'm pretty much p!ssed at you guys because once the Tiki Hut girls aged out you never replaced them.

it only happens with coots and NC St

Oct 18, 2018, 4:54 PM

Everyone else (FSU, Auburn, TAM, Bama, Syracuse, BC... it is respectful.

But for some reason, the most low class fan bases and coaches rile us up something fierce. OSU is another one we can not tolerate.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2018, 4:55 PM

Good questions:
1. Because our games have been competitive there is an increased level of attention to it.
2. Attempt to take out DW4.
3. Targeting against Wayne Gallman
4. Stolen towels intended to intimidate our QB
5. DD accusing us of cheating because of a laptop. Yes. A laptop.
6. DD choice of language comes off as edgy that hints at intentional dirty hits.
That’s a start.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2018, 5:01 PM

^^^ This.

And the majority of “state fans” are scumbags.***

Oct 18, 2018, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Re: State Fan with a Question. ]

except you (redculler) of course***

Oct 18, 2018, 5:34 PM

Nope, it's coach and team-specific. Most generally like and

respect Babers at SYR, the dude at BC, the dude at VT, the dude at LSU, the dude at Duke, and others.

We mostly dislike Jimbo (but like A&M), your guy, that buffoon at USuCk, and a few others.

State and CU have a history. I mean, my goodness, the friggin' Textile Bowl title is on the line!

I remember battles with y'all all the way back to the late '70s.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope, it's coach and team-specific. Most generally like and

Oct 18, 2018, 5:22 PM

Good questions. I think every fan base has their loudmouths that most likely have never stepped foot inside the stadium of the team they are pulling for, yet spout off the loudest. We are no exception and no other school is either. All of my college buddies absolutely are worried about this game but feel like we should win with this team and being at home. We also know we can be beat.

As far as DD goes, most of us just don’t card for some of his comments. I think he is a good coach. I don’t really get caught up in the past stuff with Gallman and DW4 because I personally don’t think it was intentional. Just don’t hold us to when one of our OL punched one of your DLmen.

I’ve stated this before that I think you guys are building that program the way we did when Dabo first got here. I think you guys are just 5-6 years behind us. No doubt that we are going to have many future wars though. Should be fun!

Byrd was asking for it...Battle just gave what he wanted

Oct 19, 2018, 12:23 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

If you've read the posts then you've seen it's a direct

GOOD DAY SIR!***

Oct 18, 2018, 4:57 PM

63-17

Oct 18, 2018, 4:58 PM

Def don’t see NCST as a threat ,you see teams you’ve beaten 6 in a row and 13 out of 14.
Do not qualify as a threat.

Oct 18, 2018, 4:58 PM

Your Coach’s tone is noticeably laced with dislike for us and that tone is reflected by your players as well. It’s bush league and it’s wearing thin.

Oct 18, 2018, 5:00 PM

I’ll add that I do know some wonderful folks that are NCState grads. Love their school just like we do. If you’re coming to Clemson, enjoy the trip, except for the ride home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ll add that I do know some wonderful folks that are NCState grads. Love their school just like we do. If you’re coming to Clemson, enjoy the trip, except for the ride home.

When you sneeze is it like 4 or 5 in a row too?

Oct 18, 2018, 5:11 PM

;)

Oct 18, 2018, 5:01 PM

To answer your question: Doeren is the most despicable person in NCAA coaching today, obviously desiring that opposing players get injured, which is disgusting, He's a disgrace to N.C. State and to college football in general. A real sleazeball.

Marlborocountycoot = dgcannon39 = tiger michael = Reggaeman

Oct 18, 2018, 5:37 PM

Re: Marlborocountycoot = dgcannon39 = tiger michael = Reggaeman

Oct 18, 2018, 8:51 PM

Marlborocountycoot cannot be dgcannon39. Because dgcannon39 doesn’t like sleazes. And marlboro county high school has the biggest sleazebag there is as HC

DD is interesting....but not likeable

Oct 18, 2018, 5:02 PM

He has a way with words that gets my shackles up.

I do think NC State will be one of the better teams we play this year.

Two years ago

Oct 18, 2018, 5:05 PM

You guys lost to the coots, allowing them to crow about SEC dominance.

Unforgivable.

Serious answer, Dave Doeren has rubbed a lot of people

Oct 18, 2018, 5:08 PM

the wrong way the last few years with his behavior. Specifically: an Asst Coach shoving DW4 in Raleigh in '15; whether intentional or a slip of the tongue crowing about knocking out our starting RB in '16; and last year complaining about a laptop on the Clemson sideline implying that it had something nefarious to do with the outcome of the game.

He's just come across as a sore loser to most of us.

Chuckie Amato and Tom O'Brien were certainly not as hated, treated more with bemusement and indifference, respectively.

I think most Tiger fans don't really dislike State very much. I don't mean this to sound offensive but I think most Clemson fans would put our rivalry with State 4th behind the Gamecocks, Seminoles, and GT.

Oct 18, 2018, 5:15 PM

I do think Clemson fans respect NCSU as a worthy opponent year over year, but seems like DD has that extra chip and he's well within his rights to say whatever but the DW4 incident, the towels, the laptop - -just sleazy stuff that isn't impressive (even comments this week about hitting quarterback hard). My Clemson memories go back only to early 80s but over the years its seems like State has beaten us a few times when it wasn't expected (worst was '86 when we're 5-1 coming in...and I was sitting in the NCSU student section getting every kind of snack and drink thrown at me) - think Dabo is very clear that he and his staff respect every single team and he probably goes above and beyond to say that pre-game and post-game as much as any coach out there. Maybe DD's whole self image is built on how a bunch of 18 to 22 year olds perform and it wears on him to lose to Clemson - so he doesn't carry it well. FYI - my only brother went to State and some of my best friends did as well...so I'm definitely connected to that program.

Oct 18, 2018, 5:27 PM

I'd say the trash talking about NCSU is directly linked to Doeren. He is definitely not liked around here. He seems very petty and talks too much. I think the close games in recent years contributes somewhat as there is bit more anticipation of this game than before. But as a guy who's been a regular on this website for over ten years, I can say recently that Doeren / NCSU is getting the most hate, outside of the South Carolina Gamecocks of course.

one thing for sure....

Oct 18, 2018, 5:35 PM

And many on this site will agree with me, the fan base of NCSU is, without question, the worse that you will ever experience. My two sons are grads of that institution and it’s difficult for me to dislike you, but I truly dread going to games in Raleigh. State fans are the most classless group I’ve ever been around. I’ve never met one who was happy about their team. I’m nearing the big 80 and I have been to many road games but nothing equals the rednecks at NCSU! They either cuss you, scream at you, or want to fight you on every play that doesn’t go their way. Childish is not strong enough to describe a state fan.

Oct 18, 2018, 5:32 PM

Welcome to the board friend. Some come here to make trouble, you seem like a nice person and we're glad to have you.

If you come to the board more often you'll see that some Clemson fans hate everyone that isn't Clemson. This is especially true for South Carolina and Notre Dame.

State gets the heat because they games have been real close and Doraen sort of insinuated that Dabo was cheating last time (laptop).

At the end of the day it's all fun and most of the guys around here would give you the shirt off their backs if you needed it.

That is unless you were a gamecock fan then they'd take your shirt and your shoes and laugh at you.

:)

Oct 18, 2018, 5:41 PM

Since we have your attention. I'm curious what your thoughts are on DD? Taking bias aside do you understand why we think he's a d*ck?

Oct 18, 2018, 5:43 PM

Coach DD has had excuses or complaints each and every year. After some time goes by he seems to forget about them but it’s just more of him not being able to grasp that Clemson won that game and he has to bring up possibilities as to why that have nothing to do with on field play and I personally believe it’s a bad look. He has done a great job with the pack I just think he sometimes should quiet down.

Oct 18, 2018, 6:19 PM

I think you have an/your answer, but honorable mention to TigerSurvivor® for his answer(s), as I think he pretty much nails it. Well, except for the heavy finger with his second (3d, 4th and 5th) post... ;).

The only thing I would ‘add’ is that I don’t particularly dislike NCSU grads, having worked/served with more than a few of them. However, FORESTTIGER‘s opinion and views are typically level headed and rational, so if he says your fans can be annoying, I would accept that. The only game I ever attended there was last year, and I sat in the Clemson section, so didn’t experience any obnoxious behavior.

Enjoy the tail kicking our Tigers are about to inflict on your wolfies!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

I live here in Raleigh...

Oct 18, 2018, 8:40 PM

and get to see a good bit of Dave Doeren. He's the worst kind of spineless weasel. Never trust a man who won't look you in the eyes. He never does- camera, interview, you name it. He runs his mouth but won't man up to the consequences. After accusing Dabo of cheating last season, he didn't even call him and apologize- just sent him a text making light of it.

He's always crying about something- we play in the toughest division, how am I supposed to ever win??? We're so young.... The fans all leave at halftime and don't support the team (it's a thousand degrees out in early Sept. and he's playing another one of his cream puffs on his joke of a schedule). It never ends. I actually have lots of NCSU friends and my son graduated from there (he couldn't get into Clemson), so no hard feelings on the school. They just have an embarrassment of a coach.

Because Doeren is a #####.***

Oct 18, 2018, 8:46 PM

Oct 18, 2018, 8:46 PM

It's like all the MD fans moved to Raleigh once they left the conference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2018, 9:15 PM

redculler - you seem like a nice enough fellow so this ain't personal.... but unfortunately your coach, Dave Doeren, is a low life dewsh whose poor sportsmanship, and whiny character infect the whole NC State program.

Here's a little taste of why most of us Clemson folk don't like Doeren and by proxy State:

In 2015, one of Doeren's assistant coaches decides to shove DW4 on the NC State sideline:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aygZIhCQV_0

In 2016, during Doeren's coaches show he counts "knocking their tailback out of the game" as one of the things he needed to do to win the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS0r_8b-Z0U

In 2017 another NC State coach or assistant decides to take a swipe at K'Von Wallace along their sideline after intercepting a pass to seal the game. Some may discard the slap at K'Von Wallace but Dabo made mention of the incident stating the slap could have injured K'Von's hand and should not have happened:
https://youtu.be/GnzabZ5zMSw

Again in 2017, the stupid towel stuff by one of his players (Chubb) and who can forget Doeren's whining press conference after the game (i.e. Clemson had a computer on their sideline...)

Under Doeren, NC State has become the USuC of the ACC as far as poor sportsmanship with the fanbase following his lead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2dOeOBsEb0

If State would get rid of Dave Doeren and get a coach with some class I'd probably pull for State except for when they play Clemson. Too bad you guys didn't let him go to Tennessee - he'd fit right in with all those other garbage coaches in the SEC East...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. That douche-bag has a serious personality malfunction

Oct 18, 2018, 9:32 PM

going on, and he's in the wrong business for that. Be looking for him to snap at some point.

Oct 18, 2018, 9:42 PM

Yall ain't nothing but northern coots.

Oct 18, 2018, 10:53 PM

The Woofies are as likely as anybody this side of the post season to beat Clemson, if that is what you consider a threat. I'm confident, but concerned Clemson could stub its toe against a capable team that has played us close for three years.

I frankly have always thought of State as being as close to a sister institution as might be found on Tobacco Road. Agriculture, technical, and engineering focus. An offset for a smug and pompous "University of" (I despise UNCHeat almost as much as the local poultry, but I'd have to admit the Tarholes have a bit more reason to be pompous than the chickens, academically and athletically). We sort of saw the world the same way. And we have had some great football games.

If you are detecting more than usual dislike I'd say t may be for two primary reasons:

1. Your coach is a total prick and a whiney one to boot. Two years ago, Gallman was taken out in the first half on an obvious but uncalled targeting. He missed the remainder of the game under concussion protocol. When asked about the hit, rather than give the usual coach speak with concern about the concussed young man, Doeren had to use the very play to brag about "taking 'em out." Just watched the play and saw how the State player strutted off. I recognize it cause a fumble, but I was there and the greeting on the bench was a little too jubilant under the circumstances. Doeren has acted personally affronted if he does not get every call. Last year was a perfect example. I was there also. Early in the game, State got away with a few obvious no calls on PI, helping them build a lead. Thereafter, Doeren and the fans seemed to think that was the state of nature and any contact whatever by Clemson defenders was PI or holding, and any contact by State defenders was acceptable no matter how brutal. And when a few calls went against State for a change Doeren stomped around and yelled like a spoiled three year old. Moreover, he ginned up the fans who seem to have bought in to his nonsense. The result was thunderous boos for every call that didn't favor State and a literal assault of the officials on the way out of the stadium. But that was not enough, in post game Doeren had to keep banging the hammer, as well as conjure up the BS laptop controversy. I know coaches lose their cool and complain about refereeing. Most at some point take a breath and get over it. Watch his post game and tell me how proud you are. Doeren has kept it up this year. Snark comments on not caring if it is on AM radio. More comments about wanting TL on his back, often, and of course the old reliable (nod, wink) slightly ambiguous "take em out!"

2. Too much of Doeren has rubbed of on the State fans. In my experience State has always had a commendable fan base. Last year made me think they have also become childish and uninformed fans. As I said, many of the calls for Clemson were either clearly right or at most 50/50 but made the crowd erupt in fury. Yeah, I have probably on occasion booed a correct call, but if that crowd really meant it time after time they were watching some other game. And of course the assault on the officials. But the bow on it was walking back to the car with my wife. Scarcely a group that we went past was not complaining vociferously about the supposed conspiracy between Swofford and the officials to protect State's playoff position. Swofford no less. You may be too young to understand the total impossibility of Swofford doing anything to help Clemson. The one thing that did not happen was no one got in my face for no reason. Otherwise, I would have thought I was in the stadium of a team that also wears read. The State loudspeaker even played "Sandstorm" for Pete's sake.

I have no interest in hating State. Not even its fans, but I don't have much use for them if they keep drinking Doeren's kool aid.

Oct 18, 2018, 11:10 PM

I don't think the OP has seen the video of the State fans spitting on the refs as they ran into the tunnel. Maybe he needs to go find that video, watch it a few times, and re-think why he bothered to ask his question.

Oct 18, 2018, 11:11 PM

Doreen throws gas on the fire; which is ok, it makes the game a little more hyped. I think he's a good coach building a good program. Finley is money. As for taking NC State as a threat, every team is a threat until they are not. On any given Saturday... Old Dominion...

Should be a fun game, hope the fans are respectful...

here’s your answer

Oct 18, 2018, 11:43 PM

We found a lacrosse magazine under Doeren‘s mattress.

Oct 19, 2018, 12:31 AM

It's not a response to a perceived threat. The problem is your coach is a jerk and a large segment of the fans act just like him.

Oct 19, 2018, 6:44 AM

Also the vulgar cursing, throwing trash and spitting on our fans when the game is at your house doesn't exactly make us feel welcomed like good old friends either..

Oct 19, 2018, 8:22 AM

I like State. My first ACC experience was NC State Basketball (lived in Raleigh when small, and yes in Reynolds). I live in NC so there is a lot of State alums around. I hope State always finishes second to Clemson. However, the sooner they fire Doeren (and Yow), the better.

Doeren is a *deyammmmmn-yankee* and not only that but low-class Kansas yankee. His yankee shows and that drags out the "spitting fanbase" to do dumb crap. I am surprised that you have not sent them to UNCheat. You cans see that it is cultural from the behavior of his assistants. The difference between O'Brien and Doeren is about nil except O'Brien had some metal in him.

The trick is that you have to respect your conference opponents/peers and Doeren has just lost respect for his peers.

Oct 19, 2018, 11:43 AM

Do you guys really think Dave Doeren wants his guys to hurt guys on the other team? He wants them to play hard and within the rules of the game! Those video clips show me nothing....now if a fan threw something at someone...they should be kicked out of the stadium. Clemson football is as good as it has ever been....much better than the late 70's and early 80's. Congrats! Don't thread on a football coach doing things the right way and building a good football program. Good competition is good for you! Dave Doeren is from Kansas and he loves to fish. He often brought his young family to NC to vacation when he coaches elsewhere. He likes Raleigh and he loved mountain lakes or a day in the Gulf Stream off the coast. He's the best total football coach in the nation, on and off the field. Ask his staff, ask those that work with his staff, ask those that used to play for him. If you want to learn about DD...go to Youtube and watch One With Wolfpack Football (2017 and 2018 seasons).

The laptops....keep them out of the 35 to 35 box....use the other 100+ yards on the sideline. Yes, I include the endzones and at least 5 yards past them.

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic