Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Started my online Masters in Aerospace Engineering
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 3,677

Started my online Masters in Aerospace Engineering

Jul 22, 2020, 5:22 PM

at GT this morning. I was surprised that I got accepted, but I later found out from the guys at admissions that as long as my check clears, I am in.

Anyway, we had a brush up lecture on Bernoulli's principle and have a quiz on it tomorrow. Is anyone familiar with what this is? it is not covered in the course material because we are expected to already know what this means.

tia.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Started my online Masters in Aerospace Engineering

Jul 22, 2020, 5:32 PM

It has to do with the flow of liquids thru a Venturi as I recall. This goes back a long way doesn’t it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2020, 8:32 AM

No, no. no-It has to do with the magnetism of the earth and the arch of the sun. Or maybe it has something to do with the fact the arctic wolves kept their cubs in the den too long.

Jul 22, 2020, 5:40 PM

Sounds like you need a refresher on the thrust equation. But since you are doing it online the Cheetah isn’t an option.

Has something to do with the pressure

Jul 22, 2020, 5:45 PM

exerted by Pizzas, I think.

Re: Has something to do with the pressure

Jul 22, 2020, 7:01 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2020, 5:49 PM

Is this the real Tbalm or the one that woke up in her body? It matters.

Do you know where I can buy a t-shirt

Jul 22, 2020, 7:01 PM

that says “It Matters” ?

I’d like to get one to where to the pewl.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you know where I can buy a t-shirt

Jul 22, 2020, 7:36 PM

Just buy you a wife-beater and write on the front with a marker.

Re: Do you know where I can buy a t-shirt

Jul 22, 2020, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Do you know where I can buy a t-shirt ]

No, but I know where you can get an 'It Happens'

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2020, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Started my online Masters in Aerospace Engineering ]

How's that going? Are you now a virtual nerd?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

As wind blows over your beautiful hair, the vacuum

Jul 22, 2020, 6:30 PM

between your ears will cause your head to explode.

It’s all BS. They have no idea what causes airfoil lift.

Jul 22, 2020, 6:45 PM

It has been empirically well characterized, so it can be effectively modeled. Lots of ideas but it’s still a mystery.
https://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/k-12/airplane/wrong1.html
https://www.grc.nasa.gov/www/k-12/airplane/wrong3.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Not really a mystery

Jul 23, 2020, 8:16 PM

As your link says, it can be predicted reasonably well with inviscid equations, and rans with turbulence modeling can do even better. The mechanics just can't be reduced down to a few words.

Yes, what causes it is really a mystery.

Jul 24, 2020, 1:53 AM

You don’t have to try so hard, kid. It’s ok to just relax.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

If you really want to learn

Jul 24, 2020, 8:35 AM

openfoam is probably the best free tool.

Re: If you really want to learn

Jul 24, 2020, 11:55 AM

Excellent suggestion my friend, I've always been interested in the development of customized numerical solvers, and pre-/post-processing utilities for the solution of continuum mechanics problems, most prominently including computational fluid dynamics.

That and bass fishing success. ;)

Try code aster for structural

Jul 24, 2020, 5:08 PM

I’m new to it, but it looks like it can do most of what you would want. They both take more time to learn, but that’s what free distribution or open source gets you.

Re: If you really want to learn

Jul 24, 2020, 11:55 AM [ in reply to If you really want to learn ]

Excellent suggestion my friend, I've always been interested in the development of customized numerical solvers, and pre-/post-processing utilities for the solution of continuum mechanics problems, most prominently including computational fluid dynamics.

That and bass fishing success. ;)

Jul 22, 2020, 7:14 PM

I feel better knowing that someone with a degree in Education is going to be designing aircraft that transports thousands of unknowing citizens.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2020, 7:36 PM

Nerds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s basically the triple option in the air. Only Paul Johnson

Jul 22, 2020, 7:50 PM

And Brett Venerables truly understand it. Tmale coachmac and you’ll be acing your first test.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pressure plus energy per unit volume is a constant***

Jul 22, 2020, 7:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: pressure plus energy per unit volume is a constant***

Jul 22, 2020, 10:04 PM

... and such is the result of my single malt scotch. Energy is inversely proportional to unit volume, but the pressure tends to balance the equation.

Go Tigers!!!

If you go to the AIAA meeting in Reno

Jul 23, 2020, 12:18 AM

be wary of women you meet at the hotel bar. For some reason, the hookers are really drawn to the crowd for that one.

Jul 23, 2020, 1:08 PM

Congratulations!

I think you already know this but since you asked - a simple interpretation of Bernoulli's equations is that the sum of kinetic energy (KE), potential energy (PE), and pressure energy (pE) remains constant in a frictionless environment. So if a fluid is flowing from A to B in a pipe that can be considered "smooth", i.e., no friction losses, or if the fluid is ideal (viscosity = 0) then KE + PE + pE at A = KE + PE + pE at B. It is generally used to calculate the pressure or velocity at any given point.

Good luck in your new program - great field.

Ah believe that was the one about throwing noodles

Jul 23, 2020, 1:23 PM

upside the wall and seeing if they stick to test whether they are done cooking.

You are welcome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2020, 2:43 AM

I consider you my brother so I’m going to tell you about the easy way!

You can go to several sites online and order the Degree of your choice with your name on it. The big schools cost the same as the small schools. You can order professional frame with gold plated trim to hang it in your office at home and at work. For $6.50 more you can get a wallet size.

I know some of you like to do it the hard way but you save so much money by going directly to the manufacture.
I’ve got enough Degrees to place a few in each room, the garage and of course my Equestrian degrees hanging up in the barn and tack room.??????

I have some friends/family from my favorite forum that actually like to spend thousands of dollars and years online begging them to hurry up with their degree ?? when they can cross reference YouTube and the web for what they need to learn instead of learning stuff they never use.

I spilled the beans, now y’all will be sending me all kinds of honorary degrees.. ????????????

My insurance man is a u of sc guy that told me the coots are a football school back in 2013. This post is on the same foundation, it didn’t age well.

I might just get me a U of sc degree “Never Again, Just As Good, Equations of Loserville Doom Physics”.??????

Cooterville a football school.... haha he hee ah ha ha hee ????????????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I hope we get up close pictures of Uranus.

Jul 24, 2020, 9:52 AM

signed, Francis Marion®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I see you're taking this drone thing seriously... Don't go

Jul 24, 2020, 10:45 AM

all Dov Zakheim on us...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2020, 11:41 AM

That is really interesting Balm. I myself just reentered school to study 19th century French Prostitution, with pictures guaranteed.

It is good to know that we are both scholars trying to better ourselves and future generations.

Replies: 30
| visibility 3,677
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic