Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stand by my belief this was the greatest single moment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,119

Stand by my belief this was the greatest single moment

Jan 12, 2020, 8:18 AM

in Clemson basketball history. There have been greater accomplishments; Elite 8, Sweet 16's, was there in 1980 when we beat #1 Duke and 1990 when we won the regular season. Beating #1 UNC under Shyatt.

But none, not even close, none of those were the 10,000 lb gorilla on the back that this streak was. I've seen us come so close. Tree having a shot rim out to win it, up by 20 under OP. Ive seen some of our better teams cave to the pressure and be blown out.

Something tells me every living former Clemson coach shot Brad a text or rang him up. Every former player felt the weight lift. They know.

And we lived to see it. I still can't get enough of it, finally!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stand by my belief this was the greatest single moment

Jan 12, 2020, 8:36 AM

A great moment for sure but the Buckner dunk to put Dean out of the ACC tourney was pretty good too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great moment. But we've made the ACC Tourney

Jan 12, 2020, 1:19 PM

Semi-finals numerous times. We'd never done this

That's probably my favorite!***

Jan 12, 2020, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Stand by my belief this was the greatest single moment ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stand by my belief this was the greatest single moment

Jan 12, 2020, 9:10 AM

It is certainly one that many have sought and now only a few achieved. Unless you have lived the streak it likely went under most people's radar. I remember the day the UVA broke their streal against Clemson in football. We have had some very talented players over the years that are celebrating today that the a new day has dawned and a new story can be written. Coach B gets a lot of negative attention on this board but he is a good coach and perhaps the road to building a sustainable winning tradition in a talent rich conference is tougher than we give him credit for. Just look at the struggles UNC is having if you think it is easy. GO TIGERS!!

Sorry, but NO !

Jan 12, 2020, 10:51 AM

Doing all of those great things is better than finally erasing a negative !

Nope...Monkey's off our back***

Jan 12, 2020, 10:57 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was worried Brad was going to throw his shoulder out like

Jan 12, 2020, 10:56 AM

Bill did celebrating the Duke win...That's been the Gold Standard for celebrating the last 40 years

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For those of us who have lived this thing out

Jan 12, 2020, 1:17 PM

seemingly forever, there is no win we have wanted more. If we'd have ever made a Final 4, played for a championship, then maybe it's different. But to this point, even though UNC is lousy, it doesn't matter. It is not often in a program 100 years old you win a game you've never won before after so many shots at it.

Next, somehow, is an ACC Tournament. We're 0-56 in that thing

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,119
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic