Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spurrier was just on the First Team, calls it like it is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,777

Spurrier was just on the First Team, calls it like it is

Aug 31, 2017, 8:48 AM

All but said if the North Carolina job would have come open he would have gone there instead of SC but they hit a 55 yard field goal against Miami and saved Bunting's job.

Also said he is good friends with Dabo, and he knows he is suppose to pull for the SEC but he had a hard time pulling for Alabama.

The irony is his call it like he sees it lead to his demise at USC by being honest about how many more years he is going to coach.

After Holtz left my dislike for him kept growing, but I have to admit it is hard to dislike the HBC. His last game against Clemson was one impressive coaching job. They had no where near the talent we had that year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you

Aug 31, 2017, 8:52 AM

wanna be my latex salesman

Yeah, thank God he's gone.***

Aug 31, 2017, 8:53 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Laughing at that on my way to work. He also later said...

Aug 31, 2017, 9:29 AM

...that he "messed up" ever leaving Florida, another seeming insult to the coots. I'm sure he was oblivious to it in his self-absorbed world.

Funny as it all was (and I was laughing out loud)...still can't stand that egotistical jacka$$...

he's a good gameday coach for sure - he also said

Aug 31, 2017, 9:47 AM

he can't explain how we lost a couple games against them - we had like 5 turnovers in one of those games. there was another game at least we should have won. They should have never had 5 in a row....

still awesome that he left mid season and quit. pretty funny

we were just laffing at that the other day - art a bar with 2 UF homers ! total crack up.

null

Re: he's a good gameday coach for sure - he also said

Aug 31, 2017, 10:02 AM

It must hurt so bad to be a Gamecock fan.

Sitting on top of the world in the early 80s with a chance for really memorable season, perhaps a big bowl, maybe a national title and then Navy beats them. Oh, the pain.

Lou Holtz comes to town as a national championship winning coach, and posts a zero win season. Eventually we beat his brains out 63-17, the leaves the Gamecocks, and plans to be buried at Notre Dame, the school he really loves.

Spurrier, the Duke coach who won a national title at Florida, takes the Gamecocks to big wins, national ranking and a 5 game winning streak over Clemson. Then it all collapses completely, the HBC quits and goes back to his one true love, Florida. Now he professes love for Dabo, roots for Clemson, gets the field named for himself at Florida and sells a lot of Dr. Pepper. Every time Spurrier shows up on TV or radio it must nearly kill Gamecock fans.

Brad Scott, the coach who first won a bowl game for South Carolina, moves his allegiance to Clemson, his son Jeff is Clemson to the core and helps coach the Tigers to our second National Title. How could it get worse for Gamecocks?

Oh, yes. Now I remember 59-7, never again, Muschamp, Boom, Bentley...It must really suck to be a Gamecock.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he's a good gameday coach for sure - he also said

Aug 31, 2017, 10:07 AM

Wasn't that 66-7 lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

2006 and 2013 are the two we should've won

Aug 31, 2017, 10:11 AM [ in reply to he's a good gameday coach for sure - he also said ]

They whipped us pretty good in all 4 games from 2009-2012. We had the better team and outplayed them in 2013... except for all of the crippling turnovers.

WhatEVER...they are & will always be ~~~>

Aug 31, 2017, 11:04 AM

LOSERS!

Proof: 25 games behind lowly little Upstate Clempson in a 100+ year rivalry where they made us play them from 1897-1959 at their stadium..

and they still had a losing record then!!

Geez!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't like correcting my elders, BUT...

Aug 31, 2017, 11:17 AM

Clemson is up by 26 games over the coots.

68-42-4.

Still love ya, bUlB!

GOOOOO TIGERS!!!

~JKB

Funny, there's no FGF or Cocky Talk thread about this LOL

Aug 31, 2017, 11:33 AM

Head's in the sand approach I guess.

Slurrier preferred the UNCheat job over USuC and wishes he'd never left UF.

I heard a chicken curse him yesterday.

Aug 31, 2017, 11:41 AM

After 25 years of not liking Spurrier's mouth am I wrong for starting to like him the last couple of years?

Message was edited by: CootSmackdown16

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,777
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic