Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spencer Region
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 5,562

Spencer Region

Nov 25, 2014, 4:16 PM

I saw him up close and personal on Saturday. Our nutrition program and conditioning program has failed this guy... very sad. lots of potential...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spencer Region

Nov 25, 2014, 4:18 PM

Unfortunately you can't follow the athletes around 24/7 and see what they eat or drink late at night, can't monitor them constantly. Kinda silly to pick one or two out of 85

Nov 25, 2014, 4:34 PM

In a way you're right...it starts with yourself, and being committed to the
conditioning program. Does no good, for them to be committed to you if it
isn't mutual.

Nov 25, 2014, 4:40 PM

Agree 100%. I think the weight room isn't really his problem, I think it's all of the hours away from the West EndZone. They can tell you what and how much to eat but they're never there when you are actually ordering and eating it.

I believe when Region came to Clemson his weight issues were already well under way. Takes a major committement to lose it and keep it off

Nov 25, 2014, 5:52 PM

my legitimate concern is that SR should as soon as he can apply for the Biggest Loser show, but that the same lack of desire to commit to conditioning at Clemson will keep him from getting the help that he may truly need. weight issues truly are life threatening, especially for athletes because they believe they can be physical specimens but don't realize how much stress they put on the cardiovascular system due to the excess weight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2014, 4:20 PM

Don't know if he ever really bought into the program. I guess in recruiting, you win some and you lose some and we lost with him.IMO.

Re: Pull his scholarship. He is taking up space.***

Nov 25, 2014, 6:31 PM

If we really wanted to fail him......

Nov 25, 2014, 4:23 PM

We would pull his scholarship like Spurrier does.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: If we really wanted to fail him......

Nov 25, 2014, 4:29 PM

Some coaches have class and some are classless. Spurrier, Petrino, and Fisher fit the latter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we really wanted to fail him......

Nov 25, 2014, 4:53 PM

Nothing to do with class big time football is a business. Its called survival.

If that's true than maybe we do away with student-athlete?

Nov 25, 2014, 5:02 PM

And start letting the kids make money, maybe even pay them...since it's all business right?

Not necessarily disagreeing, but it brings up that discussion again...

Re: He knew what was expected of him. He would already be

Nov 25, 2014, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Re: If we really wanted to fail him...... ]

history at most places.

Nov 25, 2014, 4:31 PM

guess you missed him before the program.

And Speaking of OL

Nov 25, 2014, 4:31 PM

The Ol has failed us all year...
IMO

weakest area of the team, and will be going into 015.

Sorry.

Re: Yes, it is.***

Nov 25, 2014, 6:35 PM

Nov 25, 2014, 5:02 PM

There in lies the dilemma. Do we continue to have a scholarship taken up by someone that isn't committed? With facilities of Clemson Football and all that is available to him, the only issue is desire at that point. I understand if a freshman comes in and has a career ending injury, or continually stays injured not taking a scholarship from them. But a guy that comes in, has all the potential in the world, but continues to not cut it because he has a commitment problem with one or more aspects of the program? I also understand a player that we recruited, they committed, and tried their best but never got to the level that we thought they could but did everything that was asked of them; not taking away a scholly. Where do you draw the line? Only if there is discipline issues, but not commitment issues? Bottom line is with all that is available to a football player at Clemson, there should be no weight issues that aren't resolved in 4 years... really 2 years. After that it is totally a desire to be the best. What is a coach to do?

Nov 25, 2014, 5:20 PM

Once again we are back to class. It takes a classless individual to yank a scholarship from a kid because he is not as talented as another prospect. The class of the coach is involved. He puts winning ahead of everything else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2014, 5:26 PM

I saw that he got recognized as a SR Saturday but he is only a redshirt JR....is he leaving Clemson after this year? I'm assuming he graduated in the 4 years he has been here and has decided to leave the football program.... anyone have any idea? I didnt think Dabo allowed that normally (being recognized as a SR is you arent really one...)

Nov 25, 2014, 5:34 PM

Did I hear he got married during the off season? May have been someone else?

Nov 25, 2014, 5:36 PM

#1 how dare you say anything negative about Clemson

#2 SC just passed a resolution this year that all scholarships would be honored for 4 years. Sorry bud.

Nov 25, 2014, 5:41 PM

How does saying he may have gotten married figure in either of your statements?

Nov 25, 2014, 6:47 PM

In re-thinking my posts in this thread, I am wrong to have commented on a post that named a player specifically. I am not saying that anyone else's comments are in any way wrong but I have been critical of negative post about Cole. So, I'll just keep my negative comments to myself. Sorry Spenser best of luck to you.

Nov 25, 2014, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Spencer Region ]

I call ########... As soon as the Ole ####### needs a Scholly somewhere that "resolution" will go out of the window.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right. Better read the small print on that one.***

Nov 25, 2014, 7:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We don't care what USCjr does.***

Nov 25, 2014, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Spencer Region ]

Most of us do care what Clemson does and it is not

Nov 25, 2014, 9:32 PM

to follow coot's examples.

Coot called him bud. He's so friendly. Bud, like in Buddy.

Nov 25, 2014, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Spencer Region ]

I didn't realize bird brains could be so nice and caring. It's really kind of sweet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 25, 2014, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Spencer Region ]

Dabo will recognize rs juniors as seniors on senior assumming they have graduated or about to graduate, but ultimately its up to the player to decide if he wants to take place in senior. There was an article about it last year when josh watson was thinking about leaving.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

With the size, shape and conditioning of the rest...

Nov 25, 2014, 6:50 PM

of the team being excellent I'd say you see Spence at the drivethrough a lot during your shift.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2014, 11:01 PM

74 Spencer Region OG 6-4/333 Junior (RS)

Spencer as you can see is a RS JR on the Football Team.

He will not be returning for his RS SR year.

I don't know if that is Spencer's decision alone or if the Football staff contributed in this decision.

Replies: 29
| visibility 5,562
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic