Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Special moment I wanted to share
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,687

Special moment I wanted to share

Mar 13, 2016, 8:24 AM

A few days ago, my Dad calls me early in the morning and goes "you won't believe this, but one of the concrete mixing trucks they sent up here is decked out in orange and purple with Clemson paws on it!!" He's having some work done on his farm in Easley, and was all excited to tell me about this Clemson concrete truck. So now we're both excited, and he's telling me he's going to take pictures. I tell him to ask the guy why it's painted that way (just fans? old player? etc).

So I get off the phone and start shooting off texts to my alum friends about the Clemson concrete truck, when not 5min later I get a call and it's my Dad.

"WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE PLAYER ON DEFENSE???? WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE PLAYER ON DEFENSE???" -- just to note, I'm a 32 year old man with a daughter of my own, but suddenly I'm 10 years old again and my Dad's voice had a youthful spark and playfulness I haven't heard from him since he was diagnosed with Parkinson's several years back. It was like we were both transported 20 years back in time. "NUMBER 10!!! NUMBER 10!!! BEN BOULWARE!!!" -- Turns out the truck was owned by Ben Boulware's dad!

We got some pictures of the truck, and it just really made our day. The driver was really gracious and let us take pictures and even wanted some for himself. Here is a picture of my stepmom with the truck:

It's moments like these that remind me that Clemson isn't just a school, football is not just a game, it's a tradition. And a very valuable one to myself and my family. It brings us and our friends together, and gives us special memories that will last forever.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Special moment I wanted to share

Mar 13, 2016, 8:36 AM

love the story and agree we all can be proud of being a part of CLEMSON UNIVERSITY. Great school to graduate from in 1966.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great story, +1 for sharing!***

Mar 13, 2016, 8:52 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2016, 8:57 AM

what is the name of the company?

American Concrete***

Mar 13, 2016, 9:18 AM

Woo Hoo...thanks for sharing***

Mar 13, 2016, 9:28 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2016, 9:56 AM

guess that story will be "cemented" in your mind for ever! ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think I saw that pass by on 385 a week or so ago

Mar 13, 2016, 9:57 AM

Thanks for sharing

Clemson

Rumor has it that

Mar 13, 2016, 10:32 AM

Boulware's younger sister is also a student at Clemson and that she's quite attractive, but there aren't many guys on campus brave enough to ask her out. Go figure. ;)

Why not? Sounds like a great family to be a part of.***

Mar 13, 2016, 12:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,687
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic