Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Insurrection!!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 739

Insurrection!!!!!

Feb 12, 2021, 10:39 PM

lol

https://twitter.com/lawyer4laws/status/1360428090334314500?s=21

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know what is really funny

Feb 12, 2021, 11:12 PM

investigating Clinton for 3 years because of an insurrection in a foreign country that she had no control over, yet trump gets a free pass for not stopping one 2 miles from his office.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like you’re getting your news briefs from

Feb 13, 2021, 8:11 AM

Ilhan Omar. Ie- Some people did some things on 9/11

“investigating Clinton for 3 years because of an insurrection in a foreign country that she had no control over”

You are so creative in your recaps man. Bravo!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know what is really funny

Feb 13, 2021, 8:37 AM [ in reply to You know what is really funny ]

I have not been following the Senate trial very closely, but think the problem is the way the Dems rolled out the impeachment. Protocol was not followed by the House. I personally think it is a very high bar to clear to show that Trump was responsible for the Capitol riot via his speech. From the brief amount of time that I have followed the trial, it appears quite evident that there were already plans to invade the Capitol well ahead of the speech. The videos of Dems showed very inflammatory speech too. I'm ok with that. Listening to most of Trump's speech previously, if I were a juror, I would vote not guilty on Trump instigating a riot.

What I find funny is that the Dems didn't go after Trump for dereliction of duty. The old Howard Baker question is quite relevant. What did the President know and when did he know it? If the point is to expose the truth, why didn't the Dems call witnesses? In particular Tommy Turbeville? If were shown that Trump did indeed know early on that Pence and Congress were in danger and didn't do anything to stop the siege, he would have been convicted if the article of impeachment had been crafted to reflect Trump's failure to act. Calling witnesses would also expose evidence that could get Trump in trouble for negligence that led to deaths and injuries perhaps. I would have liked the WH staff to have been brought up as witnesses. Was Trump gleeful watching the event in the Capitol unfold? Again, if it can be proved beyond hearsay that Trump purposely sat idly by while this mayhem was ongoing, there would indeed be ample reason to to punish him severely.

Today, Trump will be acquitted. He will never successfully run for public office again based on many factors. This whole exercise has been for what? Were the Dems afraid of having a lot of their dirty laundry aired out? Otherwise, I don't see why they didn't call witnesses. So what if the trial then dragged on. If the purpose was to expose the truth, time should not have been an issue. The purpose was to smear the GOP in 2022 in my opinion. The Dems want Trump around to beat on for years to come. They are not serious people in my view.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2021, 11:02 AM

Well.... it now looks like they will call witnesses

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2021, 11:36 AM

Better late than never. If this process was to be entered into, it was ridiculous that no witnesses were called for 4 weeks. Let all the chips fall where they may. Lots of questions are out there. If the FBI knew of the threat, why did the Capitol police not prepare? Why did the mayor not call out the Guard? Was Trump informed of the FBI threat assessment? If so, why didn’t he ask for better security? Did he in fact do so?Lots of people may end up exposed. Dems may ultimately be sorry for this 11th hour change, but if we’re to do this, let’s hear from witnesses.

Message was edited by: rons1®

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2021, 11:06 AM [ in reply to You know what is really funny ]

Balm, is this how you remember it?

You do not remember the central point being the request for support/protection XX number of times but no support/protection being provided?

And, as a result innocent American citizens/diplomats/soldiers were killed.
----------

Exactly, specifically what steps could Trump have taken to stop the riot? Go on TV and say stop? How many rioters were watching TV?

Go on radio and call for calm? How many rioters were listening to the radio?

Get a bull horn and go straight to the scene to tell people to stop? Really? Security obviously would not allow this.

Should he have yelled from the White House?

What? Name the specific actions Trump coulda/shoulda taken to STOP the riot...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

duh, guy should have tweeted***

Feb 13, 2021, 12:16 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Ok so you’re saying Trump supporters are equally as bad

Feb 12, 2021, 11:27 PM

as those in the video? I guess that’s a win in your book? Congrats I guess then. Although I’d say those who participated in the July 6 riot are worse because they stormed the Capitol and got people killed, but even if not, equally as bad is not exactly something to celebrate.

Re: Ok so you’re saying Trump supporters are equally as bad

Feb 12, 2021, 11:41 PM

Replies: 9
| visibility 739
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic