Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shaving.Net
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 680

Shaving.Net

Jan 27, 2021, 3:00 PM

I'm supposed to stay clean shaven for work. Due to OSHA air quality requirements, I must be ready to don a half face respirator whenever at work...

I usually let my face get scruffy, you know, when it starts itching. Maybe a week's growth for me. Then I'll shave with whatever dollar shave club razor I stockpiled years ago. It freaking hurts and I can't stand it.

If I shaved daily, or every other day, it probably wouldn't hurt... but I'm lazy.

Is there a decent electric razor that I could use? I had one back in college and it ripped my face to shreds. It felt like it was plucking the hair from my face.

I'm thinking if I had a the right electric razor/trimmer, I could give myself a once over, maybe even clean up with an actual razor. Maybe do that a few times a week and be good to go.

TLDR: I need electric razor advice.

Crulez and stubbornTiger, need not apply. I need to hear from the Greenr, DonG, FBCoach types that can grow some decent facial hair

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Bruh just make it a habit to shave

Jan 27, 2021, 3:02 PM

right before you shower. Takes about 90 seconds. You're overthinking this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

shave in the shower, no mirror. Worked like a charm for me

Jan 27, 2021, 3:05 PM

until I grew a beard like a real man.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mirror is essential***

Jan 27, 2021, 3:15 PM

i got this one and its awesome

Jan 27, 2021, 3:21 PM

went through a bunch of them. They all just fell off the wall eventually. This nope.

https://tinyurl.com/y48touen

Message was edited by: tigermanac®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got one in the shower but the GD thang

Jan 27, 2021, 4:01 PM

fogs up like crazy. To the point that I can't shave in the shower.

Re: I've got one in the shower but the GD thang

Jan 28, 2021, 6:53 AM

Same issue.

Using this one...

Jan 29, 2021, 7:26 AM

Seems to be working well. You just have to fill it with warm water every shower.

https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Fogless-Shower-Tool-Free-Adhesive/dp/B01IEW0GVS/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=shower+mirror+fogless+reservoir&qid=1611922965&sr=8-13

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Braun or GTFO

Jan 27, 2021, 3:03 PM

Been using them for 25 yrs...on my 3rd

Every electric face razor I have used to go hairless has

Jan 27, 2021, 3:04 PM

felt like individual hairs being plucked out. I have never bought a top dollar one. Also, they look patchy when I am finished. Straight razor with new blades never hurts, make sure you clean it and dry it after use though, it will last longer.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YOU MEAN ONE OF THESE CAPTAIN HOOK LOOKING MF'S?

Jan 27, 2021, 3:08 PM

Top dollar ones are fine, but they never shaved as close as

Jan 27, 2021, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Every electric face razor I have used to go hairless has ]

a razor, from my experimenting anyway. The advantage is they're quicker. The disadvantage is the 5 o'clock shadow can get more pronounced.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am not clean shaven, but my beard almost connects to my

Jan 27, 2021, 3:10 PM

chest hair now if I let it grow wild. I really don't have a recommendation for you, I just wanted to tell you that.

That said, I do have an idea. Put your respirator on, and with a black sharpie trace around where it contacts your face. Take the respirator off, and measure inward approx. 0.5" from the initial line then draw another. Shave between those two lines. Seems like a good compromise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

color it back in with sharpie so it doesn't look dumb***

Jan 27, 2021, 3:11 PM

Or some black felt if you really wanted to get fancy***

Jan 27, 2021, 3:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like the fire academy

Jan 27, 2021, 3:55 PM [ in reply to I am not clean shaven, but my beard almost connects to my ]

cus that's what duder will do to you if you show up with hair on your face. pretty funny.

kinda had to be there I guess

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

only "almost"?

Jan 28, 2021, 9:56 AM [ in reply to I am not clean shaven, but my beard almost connects to my ]

lucky.

when on vacation and in a hurry

Jan 27, 2021, 3:11 PM

I just grabbed these at Harry Teet. I freaking love these razors. I am sensitive (of course) and cant typically shave everyday. I can shave every day with these if I wanted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just shave in the shower...

Jan 27, 2021, 3:12 PM

can do it every other day and the steam/soap/water combo is pretty decent to keep it from pulling

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't NOT shave in shower now that I started*

Jan 28, 2021, 7:02 PM

*started, being like 8 years ago

shaving at a sink is so barbaric

Re: Bell and Howell TAC Razor

Jan 27, 2021, 3:14 PM

if you're a sheep that likes TV junk purchases.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if you want a review

Jan 27, 2021, 3:29 PM

https://youtu.be/otIWjRKnqtQ

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Quitting your job seems to be the only way out.***

Jan 27, 2021, 3:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get a new job and grow Taliban beard***

Jan 27, 2021, 3:39 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A while back I grew an 18 month beard. Dared them to fire m

Jan 28, 2021, 7:00 AM

me. They didn't. But then I got drywall mud i mah beard and shaved it out of rage.

Noticed that the bi-weekly drug tests at work stopped immediately. Raise and bonus got substantially better. Decided to keep it off.

Any job that requires you to get rid of your man beard

Jan 28, 2021, 7:28 AM

isn't a job you want

Stern GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I've tried an electric razor a couple times, was never happy

Jan 28, 2021, 8:20 AM

no matter how much I spent. Always go back to shaving in the shower with a mirror. And at the very end after I've shampooed and everything else, the hot water softens it up. Then a little splash of alcohol when I get out, that's the key... it might sting just for a millisecond, but never have a rash or razor burn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Just get a trimmer and set on a short blade

Jan 28, 2021, 10:27 PM

Gives you a perpetual 5 o’clock shadow or shorter. Can easily do every day. Won’t feel like it’s pulling out your hair. Also works on man bush for instant penor growth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I shaved the stubble today.

Jan 28, 2021, 11:13 PM

I don't recall the last time I shaved, maybe 10 days ago. Anyway, the cheap Barbasol disposable could not manage two shaves. I had to finish off with my terribly old Fusion blade.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ll wager I can grow hair with the best of them

Jan 29, 2021, 5:43 AM

Gillette mailed me a starter shave kid when I was in high school. I’ve been loyal ever since then

As a hairy beast I will give you my sage advice

Shampoo in hair
Use conditioner instead of shaving cream
Shave in shower
Shave only going downward, never up
Finish your bathing and rinsing of shampoo
Touch up the missed spots with sink and mirror

I can’t remember where I learned the conditioner trick, but highly wreck or mend

Try it twice and thank me later

Two solutions....

Jan 29, 2021, 6:05 AM

Quit job and grow heard or wax off hair.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 680
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic