Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If it was up to some
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

If it was up to some

Sep 16, 2012, 8:08 AM

People on this board we wouldn't even Play FSU this week. We have already lost according to them. FSU is unstoppable - oh yeah they played the mighty savannah state, Murray state, wake (aka slow moving acc team). They haven't played a team with on substantial speed all year. This game is going to be very interesting. On top of that our defense has blitzed less than 10 times in the last two games - that will change Sunday. Either support the team or go away!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Post of the Day^^^***

Sep 16, 2012, 8:08 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If it was up to some

Sep 16, 2012, 8:20 AM

I logged in to just say kudos for this post! Now I'm logging back out. I'm 100% confident that we will beat Florida State!

Sep 16, 2012, 8:25 AM

Log back in .You will love this one.
FSU is 100% confident they will beat us!
And since you don't play,I think you would have to lean more to the FSU side!

Sep 16, 2012, 8:22 AM

And who have we played? Auburn needed ot to beat a La.Monroe which beat Arkansas.We beat an ok Ball State ,and an 0-2 Furman(now 0-3).
And I wouldn't say Auburn has substancial speed.Did you see Florida last night?
I support the team,but "I AM ALSO A REALIST".FSU is # 5( or #6)for a reason.They are good.They manhandled Wake at home.We barely beat Wake at home last season.(I know last year is last year but personal hasn't changed that much.Add to that we had to hang on to beat FSU last year as well, and this year we have to go to both places).
P.S.Going away isn't going to solve this boards problems concerning playing FSU.

Auburn has talent they just have a terrible coach….

Sep 16, 2012, 8:25 AM

and FSU hasn't played anybody with talent. Auburn has plenty of speed. Our defense needs to play much better to beat FSU. Being a "REALIST" doesn't mean you concede a loss before a game is even played. You're not a realist, you're a pessimist.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Auburn has talent they just have a terrible coach….

Sep 16, 2012, 8:32 AM

A terrible coach who has won a National Championship in a conference that has won the last 6 consecutive National Championships,we haven't exactly played any world beaters(again reference Auburn needed ot to beat La.Monroe).
I do concede we will need to play much better,but I never conceded a loss before the game was played unless you were reading between the lines.
Were you readinng between the lines?I think the answer would be no.If yes,then I think you need to stop reading between the lines.

Re: Auburn has talent they just have a terrible coach….

Sep 16, 2012, 10:26 AM

A terrible coach who has won a National Championship

You misspelled bought. As in, "bought a national championship."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Sep 16, 2012, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: If it was up to some ]

I'm not saying that we don't have problems to work out. What i am saying by going away is if you aren't here to support the players and coaches then go away. If the arm chair coaches and quarterbacks on this board were so good then they would be in the NFL or actually coaching football instead posting on a Internet board. I claim to be no expert except that I love Clemson and supporting our team! If you think different then you should go away!

Sep 16, 2012, 8:37 AM

I do support the coaches and the players.What you people fail to realize,or see is that our competition next week is just as capable as we are.
I have never been one to believe that we are due a win,or will win just because we are Clemson.I look at our opposition and see what they bring to the table.If we play defense next week like we did Sat. against Furman,or last week against Ball State,FSU will have a feast.They obvisiously had one yesterday.That game was over at half.

Sep 16, 2012, 8:52 AM

The problem is , you`ve not made one statement of support of the Tigers next week. We all see the reality that FSU is very , very good. But you also don`t just sign us off for a loss as you seem to be doing, just because they are FSU. Nobody has posted anything about beating FSU , just because we are Clemson. But WE are Clemson and WE will believe we can go in there and win. It`s not about overconfidence. It`s about believing and supporting the team until the final gun sounds and see what the scoreboard reads. I think the point all were trying to make is that Clemson could`ve put 70 on the board in both our games except Aubie, and we shoulda put 50 on them. But that was then , and this is now. We both face the best team we`ve played next week. If FSU beats us up, then thats what it is. But I`ll be a Tiger today and say we got as good a chance to beat them as they do us!!!!

Sep 16, 2012, 9:08 AM

Oh,I support the Tigers 100%.It's just that I love to play Devil's advocate to all of you wearing those orange colored glasses who don't take into account who we have played(the FSU hasn't played anybody syndrome),or that we have had three weeks to prepare for FSU(and they haven't)so I will leave the statement making support statements up to you.
You are correct avbout one thing however.Next' weeks game is between the two best teams either side has faced.
And as I said I'm not signing us off as a loss just because they are FSU.However,I'm also not suggesting we win just because we are Clemson.

Last year? Wake, last year?

Sep 16, 2012, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: If it was up to some ]

Last year, Wake beat FSU.

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Granted

Sep 16, 2012, 8:56 AM

they should beat wake...but none of us has done that to wake in awhile...So that should get our attention. I think both offenses are going to move the ball, but at the end of the day we will make one more play than them cause were just better on offense

Sounds like VT last year

Sep 16, 2012, 10:15 AM

Last year at VT the non-believers said our D couldn't stop the almighty Logan Thomas and VT running game. What happended? The D pulled together and shut them down. I believe in my Tigers and I know they can pull together and produce one of those special games to make TigerNation proud.

The O will do what they do best, score.

GO TIGERS! Kick some Noles A$$ next week!

I hope they don't go away.

Sep 16, 2012, 10:23 AM

After the Big 12 thing last summer york and I need someone to say dumb things to help take the heat off us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's pretty simple guys

Sep 16, 2012, 10:47 AM

If our defense doesn't get better we lose. FSU is going to get some stops on defense. If we can't do the same we lose. Our guys have shown that they can make some stops and they've also shown that they can have some breakdowns in fundamentals. However, I don't think it's nothing that can't be fixed. I just hope that Blanks will see some playtime. That kid is all over the place.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic