Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brooks to WR because of Deon suspension..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 3,895

Brooks to WR because of Deon suspension..

Jan 1, 2016, 2:10 AM

Some thoughts about the national championship game.. Clemson just lined up and beat Oklahoma by being the more physical team. If we use that game plan against Bama's defense, we will play right into their strength (their front 7 are all NFL caliber players). I believe we will have to spread them out and use a short passing game to win. I think #24 (Brooks) should be used at WR (for this game) with Deon Cain suspended. Brooks is fast, physical, and has the best hands on the team and we need the depth there. Clemson must work on directional punting because Bama's punt-returner can change a game quickly (dude is scary good).

Finally.. We didn't beat Oklahoma because they play in the BIG12 and we play in the ACC (Clem beat OU). Same with the Bama game.. Duke and Vandy sitting home watching on TV will have no influence on what will happen on Jan 11th. (I ain't charging for this scouting report)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds good to me and good to see Brooks pound that okie

Jan 1, 2016, 2:32 AM

after 19 yd run - it would be good to see him get more pt! GO TIGERS underdogs again - LOVE it!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds good to me and good to see Brooks pound that okie

Jan 1, 2016, 10:44 AM

Yes he blasted that kid. I jumped off my couch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brooks to WR because of Deon suspension..

Jan 1, 2016, 8:33 AM

Saban best get them boys on the treadmill cause tempo. I think we'll pull away in the third and they don't have catch up capability

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dood, you watch too much ESPiN.

Jan 1, 2016, 8:43 AM

Clemson's linemen can handle any in the NCAA. Don't let the ESPiN talkers fool you. Use common sense instead of those computer rankings and learn from history instead of using that MSU game as a measuring stick.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dood, you watch too much ESPiN.

Jan 1, 2016, 8:53 AM

We can run but we have to be wise. Bama's
front seven is their strength. I would not fall into that trap I think the short passing game and a few deep shots will help us. You have to run to keep them honest but I wouldn't be silly ala LSU and MI State lsdt night and run into the Lions mouth. We have over a week to watch film and get a great game.

We won 14 games because we do what others can't do.

Jan 1, 2016, 11:05 AM

We pass when it's there and we run when it's there. If you've noticed, we play much like we did when Danny coached here. About half way through the third quarter the run is there because the other team's defense is tired.

Dean Smith said that once a player gets tired during a game he can't get fresh. Bama will tire early due to not being able to substitute. If they get a chance to substitute early we'll keep those guys on the field beyond their capabilities to maintain freshness too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2016, 8:55 AM

There have been games where it looks like ZB is lost if it's not a hand off to him. I've seen times when he is suppose to block on wr screens and he just is on a different page. I wonder if that kinda thing is what keeps his pt down. I do think we could use him on select plays though. We just prefer to have the same group stay out and run multiple loOKs and plays when we pick up tempo.

Re: It would be good to see him take those jet sweeps we

Jan 1, 2016, 10:41 AM

Give to Ray Ray because Brooks is a more physical player. I think he would do good in space and can catch well.

I wouldnt mind seeing Kearse run some at WR***

Jan 1, 2016, 10:42 AM

Jan 1, 2016, 10:52 AM

This is brooks last yr. I think he do well at Wr running screens and swing passes

Bama struggles against dual threat QBs, Auburn and FL both

Jan 1, 2016, 10:54 AM

could have won if their QBs would have done anything. They both missed wide open receivers all game long.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

same goes for Tennessee***

Jan 1, 2016, 11:06 AM

I vote we move Christian Wilkins to WR***

Jan 1, 2016, 11:07 AM

lol.. Wilkins would make a nasty TE on the goal line..

Jan 1, 2016, 11:53 AM

I didn't know he had hands like that. That 30 yard reception was impressive

After the first two drives, we will take what is given

Jan 1, 2016, 12:00 PM

That's what we've done all year. If they let us through, which they will. Scott and Legget will have big nights

Throw***

Jan 1, 2016, 12:01 PM

Jan 1, 2016, 12:22 PM

I don't think we can count on fatigue to be a weapon against Bama, they have a lot more ability to rotate fresh players in on defense than we do right now. They too deep. On the plus side, their offense is pretty vanilla and we should be able to hold them to a lowish score. It will come down to turnovers and guys making big plays. Our QB is way better and we will need to leverage that and keep that NFL defense harried and confused and exploit coverage mismatches.

I agree with you^. Bama has 3 deep at

Jan 1, 2016, 1:21 PM

Every position on the D line

We won't be punting any...soooo***

Jan 1, 2016, 1:23 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 3,895
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic