Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some of y’all are worried about youngsters cursing,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Some of y’all are worried about youngsters cursing,

Sep 1, 2022, 10:11 AM

I’ll complain that it looked like a coot game with all you folks leaving early. You look forward to it all week, then you leave early? This is the greatest run in Clemson history and one of the top runs in college football history. Leave early and look like you take it for granted, as for me, I’m going to soak it up because you don’t know when it’ll end. Oh, and we’ll probably come out in purple chrome this week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Purple chrome.....how I'd love to see it

Oct 28, 2019, 8:29 PM

Never leave a game early. Rained harder at ND game but was colder at the GT flood game

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Some of y’all are worried about youngsters cursing,

Oct 28, 2019, 8:44 PM

Personally I’m not a fan of leaving early (never have left before the alma matter is played) OR the cursing. I do find the apparent need to inject vulgar language in our fight song particularly distasteful. The fight song and alma mater should be left alone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was taught in my time as a student at Clemson that

Oct 28, 2019, 8:44 PM

Tigers fans never leave early. It was one of our traditions. Let's remind newer fans of this tradition.

I will confess I have violated this rule 2 times since my first Clemson game in 1977. No excuse and I still carry guilt about those decisions though.

1996 Gator Bowl - Syracuse 41 - Clemson 0.

2012 Orange Bowl - WVU 70 - Clemson 33.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, but was at both; never left early

Oct 28, 2019, 11:49 PM

They were painful to watch but I’ve never left early and I’ve seen a lot of bad football. Really thankful that I’ve lived long enough to enjoy the golden age of Tiger football. May it never end.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I salute you sir (or madam). You were a better fan than I

Oct 28, 2019, 11:57 PM

at those games.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great call to leave both of those games early***

Oct 29, 2019, 5:56 AM [ in reply to I was taught in my time as a student at Clemson that ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2019, 9:18 PM

My dad explained it to me when I was a school boy. He said, "The players can't leave early, they deserve our support."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2019, 9:32 PM

What? I was busy updating my story. Oh look, a tweet from a total stranger. Sometimes my Instagram interrupts my selfie shooting schedule. My Alma Mater app was updating, so nobody could tweet me the second half.

Big difference

Oct 28, 2019, 10:06 PM

We were up by 30 not down by 30.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Score makes no difference to the principle ...

Oct 28, 2019, 10:09 PM

stay until the end of the game!

i kinda liked not getting to the hotel at 2am***

Oct 28, 2019, 10:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so let me get this straight

Oct 29, 2019, 5:28 AM

you live far enough away that you need a hotel room, which means you've got 8 plus hours total driving time, and hundreds of dollars per person invested, and you leave early when the game was only 3 hours long to begin with? I just don't get it...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This! ^^^^^^

Oct 29, 2019, 9:21 PM

I live in Maryland and have season tickets. It takes a lot of effort to make the games and I can't see missing one minute of the game. In blowouts (which most games are now in these best of times), I enjoy seeing the guys who give so much but rarely get playing time and attention. Third string deserves our support and cheering them on just as much as the first string.

If sleep were the priority, I'd just stay home.

Oct 29, 2019, 12:48 AM

Ok Fine you want everyone to stay to the end, I am all for it.
But how can you equate that to the classless act of the kids cursing and just showing a lot of ignorance and stupid and lack of respect for the school the team and people around them and theirselves.

Hello n my opinion that is not a good comparison.

But how can you equate that to the classless act of the kids cursing and just showing a lot of ignorance and stupid and lack of respect for the school the team and people around them and theirselves.

I will leave when I want to leave

Oct 29, 2019, 6:07 AM

Nobody is taking names and there is nothing written on the ticket that says I have to stay until the bitter end. I have never understood coming to the game and never entering the stadium. Drive to Clemson to sit around the car and get blasted. I go to watch football. When the outcome is no longer in doubt, I leave. It has nothing to do with beating traffic, etc. I totally appreciate the dominance of this team and the work Dabo has done.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic