Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sometimes when bass fishing, I get stubborn . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Sometimes when bass fishing, I get stubborn . . .

May 10, 2020, 9:15 PM

some days I'll only fish Top Water just to see the strikes . . . here's a quick clip of 50 Top Water Strikes:

https://youtu.be/SQ_S2fvWWew

(It says to turn your volume up . . . but I watched it muted as my bride is watching tv . . . I still enjoyed it!!!)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's another set of strikes . . .

May 10, 2020, 9:26 PM

https://youtu.be/Z6WF5n-e2wc

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Y'all are going to get tired of these . . . but not me!

May 10, 2020, 9:34 PM

https://youtu.be/tsKzTYTliRs

Re: Y'all are going to get tired of these . . . but not me!

May 11, 2020, 4:20 AM

Nothing better than a nice summer evening when the buzzbaits are workin!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love topwater too, Skeeta. Sometimes I fish it even

May 10, 2020, 10:07 PM

when I know it's not the right time just because it's so much more fun.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is why I am so ticked about this spring...I has killed

May 11, 2020, 6:56 AM

the topwater bite. And I, like yourselves, throw it EARLY AND OFTEN. Not early in the day,EARLY IN THE YEAR!

Went through deceased father-in-law's tackle box

May 11, 2020, 8:11 AM

yesterday and found 6 or 7 lures from the '50's that are still in their original boxes with instructions inside.Also had several other lures without boxes with most in excellent shape - others looked like they need some polishing or a paint job. One was a minnow with a spinner built into the center of the lure ( no box or words on it to identify it but definitely unusual).

Message was edited by: clover65®

Re: Went through deceased father-in-law's tackle box

May 11, 2020, 9:26 AM

Like this, but body is a minnow?

Is it wood or metal

Looks like a 1930's buzz bait or maybe a mini generator....***

May 11, 2020, 10:30 AM

Re: Looks like a 1930's buzz bait or maybe a mini generator....***

May 11, 2020, 1:36 PM

Almost like an antique Whopper Plopper.

No - more like a minnow shape with

May 11, 2020, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Went through deceased father-in-law's tackle box ]

a hole in the middle of the body with a metal spinner in it - will try to get a picture and post it later.

Might be sort of like you described but is one piece with the spinner in a cut-out.

Re: Went through deceased father-in-law's tackle box

May 11, 2020, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Went through deceased father-in-law's tackle box ]

Karl White writes an article in Bassmaster Magazine called, "What's it worth?" Where he gives people appraisals and history of their old lures/fishing equipment. If you can get a copy of the magazine im sure it'll have his contact info to send pics to see if he can help you identify the lures. I won't be home for a day or so, but I can post the info when i get back. I have about a million Bassmaster magazines. Great find, good luck finding out more info on your dad's collection.

Don’t know if this worked

May 11, 2020, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Went through deceased father-in-law's tackle box ]

Somehow upside down but it is the one

May 11, 2020, 7:22 PM

Near the center- you can see the middle spinner built in - neighbor says it is a Spinno Minnow lure

caught many a fish on the "devil's horse" . . .

May 11, 2020, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Don’t know if this worked ]

There are two in this collection . . . as well as chuggars (2) and it looks to be a baby torpedo in a box . . .

It's fun to look back . . . Made me smile!!!

You can find many of yours here:
https://thea.com/Heddon-Heddon-Chugger-Spook-Fishing-Lures/

Speaking of Spook lures - the stripers must be biting

May 12, 2020, 7:51 AM

below Lake Greenwood power plant . Every time I drive past, the parking areas are overflowing. Used to catch them there all the way up until June on topwater.

Re: Speaking of Spook lures - the stripers must be biting

May 12, 2020, 3:10 PM

Don’t polish or paint them btw.

Re: Sometimes when bass fishing, I get stubborn . . .

May 11, 2020, 8:19 AM

Now that there is exciting watching how violent a bass will hit those top water baits, bc you normally don't think of a bass getting that violent when they attack their food!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Basses are more green than violet.***

May 11, 2020, 8:28 AM

Re: Basses are more green than violet.***

May 11, 2020, 9:28 AM

OK violet/violent or just plain pisssed off RED!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basses are more green than violet.***

May 11, 2020, 7:59 PM

I just figured your nose was stuffed up! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2020, 9:32 AM

Nothing like top water; my favorite are the “toilet flush” hits; you know it’s going to be a monster

The largest bass I’ve landed on top water

May 11, 2020, 3:47 PM

hit a silver and black BangO Lure (by Bagley’s) . . . When she hit it, it sounded like a bream popping a fly in Lilly pads . . . Shocked to no end on her first run!!!

Oh . . . She weighed in at 9.5#!!!

Re: The largest bass I’ve landed on top water

May 11, 2020, 7:15 PM

Both my dads and I largest largemouths were top water. His 11 and my 10lb 9 oz. They open that huge mouth and just suck in everything, mine had easily 3 blooming lillies in its mouth with the spittin image shad I was throwing.

May 11, 2020, 10:47 AM

Give me a torpedo at dawn or dusk and I'm a happy man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as it’s a clear one . . .

May 11, 2020, 3:43 PM

I’ll agree!!! Great older bait . . . but her hooks are atrocious!!!

Re: As long as it’s a clear one . . .

May 12, 2020, 12:04 PM

I caught a 7 lb bass in my neighbors pond. It sounded like an explosion. I let it sit in the water for about 30 seconds. I was using a Devil Horse. I twitched it about 3 times before the bass just engulfed my lure. The bass hit it so hard that it took me an hour just get my lure back. Unfortunately all 3 sets of hooks were stuck in the fish. I was going to throw it back but the lure did so much damage the fish would have never survived. But that was an awesome experience.

My favorite time is getting on the water just before the sun comes up and tossing a top water.

I have also have had a lot of success with a Senko watermelon red flacked worm. Caught several 3 and 4 pound bass out of a pond in 2004. I would like to go back and see high big those fish are now. I just put a hook and Senko on and let it sink.

Thanks for to all for sharing stories and to Skeeta56 for sharing the video’s.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2020, 3:01 PM

I purchased 6 packs of Senko worms from some CLEMSON Kids that posted about their start up company Backlash Baits. The product is of the same quality as my Yamamoto Senko worms for a cheaper price and more product.

I just wanted to give the guys from Backlash Baits a shout out and my personal review of 5 stars ?? ????????.

Backlash Baits (864) 318-3456 located in Woodruff, SC. They also have a booth at the Barnyard Flea Market on Hwy 101. Also, there is a guy who sales really high quality backpacks For very reasonable pricing. He is located just as you enter the entrance of building 2. I believe it is the same row where Backlash Baits table is located.

Go Tigers and I pray we are able to safely have college football as well as other sports. Our small businesses need the economy to get going. I believe we can do that while maintaining safety for every ones health.

Hope everyone is safe and healthy. God Bless everyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic